Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Not Such a Weakling Afterall ❯ Attack ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer~ by Hakusho 009
 
Fan fiction .net, I just belong there
Like prince Vegeta and his flame shaped hair.
Same as everyone here, I'm a big fan,
But I still don't own Hiei or Botan.
 
HieilovesBotan: Yes! On with the mission! Hahahahahah! ….I don't know why that's funny…oh well!
 
KitsuneKit: Yeah…I actually stole that from another author. -___-; I just wish I could remember her name!!! She was good!
 
Melimea: Thanks! Soon enough for you? ^___^
 
Seahorse10: That would be awesome!! Kill them all!!
 
Robin Autumn: Darn! I like laughing at flames! But good reviews are always best. (actually I've never gotten a flame so I don't really know if it would be funny) I hope this
is a fast enough update for you!
 
Bar-ohki: It seems that I thought it! And it's soon!
 
chiqa: They'll be fluff. I'm just old fashioned and take it slow. It is Hiei we're talking about. There's no way that he'll fall in love with her in just the first for chapters! I made him respect her in that amount of time and in real life even that is rushing it. -___-;
 
spontaneopyrokinetic: NOT THE FLYING MONKEYS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! What did Identity99 do to deserve the clowns? Such cruel punishment…
 
Sherkoni: I'm glad that you like it because your fics rule! I'm thinking of looking at Soulmates next, especially if it's as good as Grave of fireflies and AFWL. I'm mad though because…I'm a girl! Tackle me all you want but don't call me a man! **pouts**…oh and update!! Grr..
 
If you like HieixBotan pairings then you have to check out Tethered: or a Demon's Kiss is Dangerous. It's really cool! And it's so original you have no idea how they came up with it! It's on my favorites and sadly just finished but anyone who loves them together should check it out!
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
Not Such a Weakling Afterall
 
Chapter 5: Attack
 
“Yusuke! Look out!” yelled Botan as the detective was almost skewered by yet another demon.
 
The Tantei had been fighting for over two and a half hours straight. Hiei, obviously, had been unsuccessful in his attempts to break the leader's concentration on the demons, forcing them into battle. Botan had only destroyed about three demons so far, though, much to her dismay. She was too busy healing her teammates. You see, Koenma had been wrong. There hadn't been 50,000+ demons for the army…there were over 100,000. They were relatively easy to defeat but there were so many of them that they wore the detectives down.
 
No one was in mortal peril right now, however.
 
“Hyah!” the bluette cried as a purplish spirit-gun blasted through about five demons at once.
 
Abruptly she found she was surrounded by, what looked like, the ugliest and smelliest of them all. Her adversaries grinned crooked yellow teeth at Botan and began advancing. The girl suddenly smirked and it was enough of a strange action to stop the demons in their tracks. She lifted her hand and pressed them lightly to her chest. Then, slowly, pulled a bright orb into view. Holding it like a handful of water the girl blew it out to her opponents.
 
Thousands of glowing, multi-colored butterflies flew out to swarm around her attackers. They laughed at her attack and one even went so far as to reach out and touch one…big mistake. As soon as the insect touched his skin smoke rose and he was screaming. The flesh was being melted off like wax. Almost like flipping a switch, one scream became many as the rest of the assassin insects swooped in.
 
“Hiei!” Botan cried out, “Tell the others not to touch the butterflies!”
 
“Why, onna?” he shouted back, irritated, as he cut down another attacker.
 
“Because that!” she pointed to the steaming skeletons around her.
 
It was enough of an incentive. The rest of the team relatively stepped back to watch. It was rather amusing really, watching 7' tall demons running from butterflies. When the last screams died out the Tantei gathered in the temporary calm.
 
“Man, Botan,” said Kuwabara in awe, “What can you say after an attack like that?”
 
“Why the Hell didn't you bring them out sooner?” laughed Yusuke.
 
“I would have if some people didn't keep needing medical attention!” she said, mock glaring at the human boys.
 
“One is coming toward you Botan,” warned Kurama suddenly.
 
She glanced back and smiled as the black and silver butterfly landed on her nose. Gently the girl pushed a finger under it and brought it down to look at it.
 
“Why doesn't it burn you?” asked Kurama as the boys backed off a little.
 
“I created it,” she answered softly, “The dog does not bite the hand that feeds them.” She seemed to go wistful for a moment, staring at the butterfly. “I named this technique Beautiful Death,” she began suddenly, “It's one of my favorites. Not just because of its effect in battle but for what it stands for. This attack shows that even the most beautiful, harmless seeming creatures can have terrible pasts and leave great destruction.”
 
The boys pondered her words, all thinking along the same lines. Botan had been their companion and friend for a while but they always thought of her as a little annoying and never able to understand the hardships they had gone through. Kurama has the guilt of lying to his mother and taking her true son away, Yusuke has the knowledge of being an illegitimate child to a drunken mother who never wanted him in the first place, Kuwabara has the fact that his parents had left long ago and he had to fight on the street to survive. Hiei has the worst hardships of all. But really, how did they know that she didn't go through something just as bad or worse? They really didn't even know how old she was much less her past. Perhaps behind that bubbly, talkative façade was a scarred, horrific life no one ever deserved. Perhaps.
 
ROAR!!!!
 
Hundreds more demons unexpectedly poured from the castle gates, screaming and ready for battle. The team immediately went to business, slowly fanning out to fight different demons. Almost immediately after that Botan had to stop to heal Kuwabara, grumbling. They were back where they had started but had a new determination in their hearts. The demons were more powerful and in greater numbers, showing them that the leader had seen his attempts were futile. It was only a matter of time. Hiei had slit about twenty demons throats when he heard a strange noise. The fire demon turned and saw a jagged arrow heading straight for the ferry girl. She was healing Yusuke so she hadn't seen it.
 
Hiei didn't even think, he just ran. The koorime reached Botan at the last second and pushed her out of the way as the arrow sunk into his flesh. As he landed, ungracefully, into the dirt he managed to see Botan's expression. Surprise, fear, concern and then bone-chilling anger flickered across her face. If he hadn't been the indifference king and didn't have an arrow in his ribs he would have been a little freaked out, but he is and he did, so he wasn't.
 
The rest of the team rushed to defend their fallen comrade, with Kurama telling the injured to not get up and that he couldn't fight in his condition, Botan stood up and slowly stalked up to the castle, her eyes fixed on one of the balconies. The archer was there still holding the bow, and seemingly frozen in fear. The bluette raised a finger and formed a small ball of energy then flicked it at the bowman. It struck him hard in the throat and came out the other side. He would die slowly. As his aura slowly faded the other demons woke up. They stopped mid attack and slowly wandered off, looking confused and pissed. Botan walked over to the circle of detectives and kneeled next to her newest patient.
 
“The arrow needs to come out Botan,” began Kurama, “Or it might get infected.”
 
“It's already infected,” mumbled Botan darkly, then shook her head at their confused stares, “Koenma will explain. This needs to come out.”
 
“I'll do it,” volunteered Yusuke, “I'm stronger than you Botan, I can pull it out.”
 
“Thanks,” said the girl, “Look out Hiei. This is gonna hurt. A lot.”
 
The detective began pulling but the only indication of the fire demon even feeling it was his clenched hands. Botan slipped her hands into his fists so he wouldn't hurt himself. Once the projectile was out Botan kneeled next to the wound and ran a glowing finger across it, healing and cleansing.
 
“Done,” she said at last.
 
“Then why do I still feel like shit onna?” grunted Hiei.
 
“Ask Koenma when we get there,” she mumbled, exhausted from using her spirit energy so much.
 
Hiei suddenly gasped and passed out. That made the detectives even more anxious to reach Rekai…and answers.