Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Not Such a Weakling Afterall ❯ Secret Species Revealed ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. If I had said I did I'm sure that Yoshihiro Togashi would laugh his arse off.]
 
I have such wonderful reviewers!
 
i live in a box: Now I don't understand. Did you mean that to be a flame or a positive thing? Cause you said it was homosexual and stuff…Please forgive me if I'm an airhead today. I didn't get enough sleep.
 
Robin Autumn: What's wrong with action movies? -looks at T.V. where some guy is beating an old lady into the ground- They're educational. What if you were attacked by an old lady walking home from school?
 
Bar-Ohki: I hope this is soon enough for you! : P
 
Crystal Koneko: Yes T.V is good. Without it none of us would be here right now! We'd probably be churning butter or something!! -shivers-
 
Nytingale: All will be revealed…But not in this chapter!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!…just kidding. You'll find out in this chapter. -pouts-
 
Hieilover28: I'm so glad you like it. You like me you really like me!!!! -sob- (I'm a drama queen)
 
BlazingBotan: I'm the evil cliffhanger master!!! -cackles quietly as reviewers cry-
 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
 
Not Such a Weakling Afterall
 
Chapter 6: Diagnosis and Species Revealed
 
“It's serious,” said Koenma gravely, “very serious.”
 
“Naw! You think?” scoffed Yusuke.
 
“Be quiet Yusuke,” snapped Kurama then turned to Koenma saying, “What's serious? Botan was tired and went straight to her room without telling us anything. She said it was black magic but that…”
 
He trailed off as Koenma lowered his head.
 
“Kami! Just spit it out toddler,” yelled Kuwabara.
 
The team was standing (or laying in Hiei's case) in Koenma's office trying to drag answers out from their unwilling boss. They weren't having much luck so far.
 
“What was wrong with Botan?” asked the carrot-top, “She looked stressed and angry, not just tired.”
 
“This situation is all too familiar to her past,” said the prince, “She is remembering hurts long gone but still sore.”
 
He motioned for them to sit, which they did reluctantly.
 
“What does her past have to do with me?” asked Hiei gruffly from the cot. He had woken only fifteen minutes ago.
 
“Well, perhaps I should start at the beginning,” said the toddler uncomfortably.
 
“That is where all good stories start,” said Kurama, “Please continue.”
 
“First off Botan can't really be killed,” Koenma began, “Her body can stop functioning of course but her soul will just generate a new body moments later. The only thing that can kill her is black magic.”
 
“Wait, wait, wait! Hold up!” started Yusuke, “How can Botan not be able to die? Is that some sort of Rekai spirit thing?”
 
“No,” explained Koenma, “It takes a lot out of Rekai inhabitants to form a human body, it takes practically nothing for Botan. It's natural.”
 
“Than what is she?” asked Kuwabara, “I mean she can't be human, that's for sure. She can't be a demon either cause even the most powerful demons can't regenerate whole bodies if their first one has died. If she's not a Rekai, than what is she?”
 
“Wow, the buffoon actually said something smart,” mumbled Hiei but no one heard him.
 
“She…is a Rekai demon I suppose,” struggled Koenma, “You know as well as I that the human and demon worlds were once joined but the spirit world was always separate except for a few random portals or some sort of spell cast to get in. Long ago there was a kind of demon that evolved from rogue spirits. They were called Sprites, don't ask me why.
 
“As a defense for going extinct they evolved the way to create new bodies and remain young until they found a mate and generated off spring. It worked, for they survived from the beginning of the worlds' forming. Soon, though, Rekai spirits (demons and humans too when they were created) realized that Sprites were highly magical creatures and parts of them like blood or hearts or bones were used in potions of longevity and good luck charms. Black magic masters prowled Rekai taking down innocent sprites until only one clan was left. Botan's.”
 
The boy's eyes were downcast as they heard the story.
 
“It takes a few days for the magic to work you see,” continued Koenma, “Botan had been out hunting and when she came back her whole family was infected and becoming weaker by the moment. She set out on a quest to find an antidote but when she came back the poachers had returned and already had slaughtered her family. She went into a rage and tracked them down, mercilessly killing all of them in anger, but that wasn't enough.
 
“She became a bounty hunter,” he went on, “Anyone who wore a charm or smelled of a potion made from a sprite was killed. No one escaped her wrath. Soon everyone was dead that had wronged her so she had no choice but return to Rekai. Botan is the last of her kind and had nothing left to live for but she couldn't die and since she had killed almost everyone who knew black magic she had no way to end her misery. My father took pity on her and asked if she would work for him, ferrying the good souls of the three worlds. She accepted and has been working here ever since. That was 1000 years ago.”
 
Silence reigned for a moment.
 
“Damn,” muttered Yusuke, “Damn.”
 
“Indeed,” agreed Kurama.
 
“Botan was a killer? And she was suicidal?” asked Kuwabara incredulously, “And she's immortal? And she's, like, a thousand years old?”
 
“I'm 2,036,” said a sad voice from the door, “And there's no end in sight.”
 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
[-sniff, sniff- That was kinda sad. It's kinda like with vampires. They live forever, have super sight and strength and hearing, and are really pretty but they never see the sunlight. -sniff- Review please!]