Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Return of Shuichi’s Memories and a Dreadful Nightmare ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 11
Return of Shuichi's Memories and a Dreadful Nightmare
Yamakaza walked into the Student Council room over to Shuichi and asked him, “Shuichi-kun, can I talk to you . . . alone?”
“Sure,” he answered before he followed her to the quad. “Yamakaza-san, where are we going?”
“To the roof,” she answered nonchalantly.
“Why?” as he raised an eyebrow.
“Didn't I already tell you? I need to tell you something alone.”
As soon as they were out of sight of anyone who might see them Shuichi grabbed her arm turning her to face him in the process and demanded, “Who are you really?”
She looked at him with cold eyes making him flinch back at her suddenly change in attitude. “I am the girl you know as Idane Iemochi, Yamakaza but I'm not the innocent school girl like you think I am.”
“So then this is who you really are a girl living a fake ningen life?”
“Yes, I've been trained to be a cold-heartless to my enemies and a kind-hearted person to my allies but reserved,” as she pulled her arm away. “You see, I'm a Takashi Ninja.”
“I knew there was something about you-” he was suddenly cut off as he saw Yamakaza start doing hand signs. “What are you doing?”
`Inu, O-hitsuji, Ryu, Nezumi,' she thought as she watched as Shuichi started to go for his whip.
Neko suddenly appeared behind him and put his arms under his as he locked his hands behind Shuichi's neck. Yamakaza hit Shuichi's forehead with two fingers in one quick movement that it only took a second to complete. Neko released Shuichi and stood by Yamakaza as the blocked memories were released to Shuichi's memories.
After a moment she asked, “Well?”
Shuichi looked at her and asked back, “Well what?”
“I am going to have to kill you or are you willing to listen to us.”
“Sure I'll listen.”
“Alright, come with us to my house this afternoon and I'll explain everything.”
 
“So that's it?” Shuichi asked her once she was done explaining things to him as they sat at the kitchen table.
“That's it,” Yamakaza told him.
“So you're risking everything to prove he's innocent?”
“Yup and also my aunt is risking everything, too, she's not very happy about it either. Are you going to turn us in or are you going to help us, Shuichi-kun.”
“Call me Kurama, that's what the rest of the Reikai Tanteiscall me.”
“Very well, Sh-I mean Kurama-kun. Neko-kun we have another ally!”
“We do?” Neko asked as he came down the stairs as he wore a towel around his shoulders and the top of his hakama hung around his waist.
“Yes, Shuichi-I mean Kurama-kun.”
“Does he know about . . .” he left the sentence hang grudgingly.
“I haven't asked. Kurama-kun, do you know a Hiei-kun?”
“. . . yes, he's knows about this too?”
“He's the one who first came to us. Neko-kun can you go pick up Ki-chan?”
“Of course,” Neko answered as pulled his hakama onto his shoulders before he left the house.
  
Neko was sitting outside Kichiro's school gates when a shiver went up his spine. He stood up and looked around he didn't like the feeling he got from the shiver. As soon as Kichiro got out he told him that he couldn't play in the park like he usually did because of the feeling he was getting. Once they were home the sense of fear didn't stop and he was becoming very jumpy. During the evening Neko turned into his animal form and stayed close to Yamakaza.
That night Yamakaza slowly woke up to the sound of her door opening when she opened her eyes she saw Neko standing beside her. “Neko-kun . . . do you know what time it is?”
She suddenly noticed that Neko's eyes were dazed and he suddenly said, “The ryu . . .”
“Neko-kun,” as she sat up, “the dragons what?”
“They come . . .” he suddenly turned into his animal form and jumped into her arms shivering.
“Neko-kun . . .” she held him close and got a strange feeling, `I need to get to Kurama-kun's my house doesn't have the necessary spells to hold off a youkai higher than C or B-class. And for once I'm glad I'm wearing this American style pj's.'
She grabbed a jacket and ran out of the house towards Kurama's house as she careful tucked Neko away inside her jacket. Kurama's house wasn't far but it was far enough for her to get attacked. She cradled Neko tightly against as she ran down the street keeping alert to everything. She suddenly felt something zoom over her head but she kept running not making a sound. She did the half Saru sign and her pupils dilated to see auras. Yamakaza looked up over her shoulder and saw blue body of aura flying in the sky. `Damn! A flying youkai! This just isn't my week!'
She continued to run down the street even as her eyes' went back to normal. She suddenly tumbled to the ground when the ball of her foot landed on a piece of glass but she got up and continued to run as she tried to ignore the searing pain going through her right foot. She came to Kurama's house, ran straight to the door, and she began to bang on it as she cried out, “Shuichi-kun! Open up I need your help! Shuichi-kun!” Yamakaza looked over her shoulder again and saw red eyes glowing, “Shuichi-kun!” She saw them coming closer and she curled in on herself as she surrounded herself with fire while the Moon Cat's Eye increased her power making the heat push up her hair.
“Yamakaza-san . . .” she heard Shuichi's mother.
She pulled her power back, looked up and saw Shiori standing just inside the house she gave an inaudible sigh of relief. Yamakaza stood up and said, “Minamino-san, sorry to wake you at this time but I need to talk to Shuichi-kun.”
“That's alright . . .” she looked down at the ground and saw Yamakaza's bleeding heel, “but it's so late . . . and you came all this way without shoes.”
“It's a long story-”
Shuichi's mother suddenly pulled her into the house and had her in the bathroom. “Foot in the tub,” she commanded.
“Minamino-san it's nothing,” she tried to reason as she sat on the side of the tub with her wounded foot on the inside.
“None sense! You call bleeding like this nothing! Honestly!” before she went to find some bandages.
`Well, yeah, if you're me or any other member of my family . . . it's nice to have someone carrying for me.'
“Yamakaza-san, what're you doing here this late at night?” Kurama asked as he came to the bathroom door yawning.
“It's Neko-kun, he said something about Dragons,” she told him. “I think I saw one on my way here and if your mother hadn't open the door when she did, I probably would be more beat up than just an injured foot.”
“Dragons,” as he stood there thinking for a moment. “I've-” He stopped when his mother came back to the bathroom with some towels, “Here mother I'll take care of this.”
“Alright, just call me if you need anything,” she told him.
Once she was gone Kurama knelt down to take a look at her foot as he asked, “So where is Neko-kun?”
“Right here,” Yamakaza opened here jacket to show him an iriomote curled up against her.
“I've never seen him in his animal form before . . . he's cute. Now let's take a look at your foot.”
“I think I stepped on a piece of glass.”
“I can tell I see it. Hold still,” as he pulled out some twisters.
“I can handle pain, just pull it out.” As Kurama pulled the glass out slowly she told him, “When Neko-kun woke me he said, `The ryu . . . they come.' I don't have any idea what that means.”
“If I remember correctly Hiei once told me that Neko-kun was captured by Ryu yashas when he was little, they're known as the Ryu Twin Sisters,” as he started to clean out the deep cut.
“I've heard of them but we were told never to mess with any of those types of youkais. But how did he escape? No one as ever been able to escape them.”
“Hiei said that one of the twins let him in and asked him to save Neko-kun. He never said what happenedto Neko-kun while he was captured but it was apparent that he wasn't treated ever well and his childhood ended there until he got amnesia.”
  
“Sister, why can't you leave him alone?” yelled the kind-hearted sister as she and her sister hovered in thesky.
“Because he belongs to us,” said her sister, “We'll head back for now.”
  
“Kurama-kun,” Yamakaza said as he wrapped her foot up, “What're we going to do if this Ryu yashas show up? We're most likely no match for them.”
“We'll do what we can,” he told her. “I'll see if Hiei will keep an eye out for them. For now I think it best if you stay here for the night.”
“You sure it won't be a problem with your mother?”
“Relax, my mother enjoys having you and your brother over. It'll be fine.”
“Alright, if you say so. I'll call aunt Kudaku to come pick me up in the morning.”
At breakfast, Shiori had noticed Neko now that he was curled up on Yamakaza's shoulders. She looked at him and asked Yamakaza, “Isn't that an iriomote?”
She looked up at her startled and said, “Yeah, he somehow followed me home on a trip of mine.”
“Aren't those supposed on one of the islands?”
“Well, it's a long story. Ow!” as something suddenly shot into her arm.
“What's wrong?” Kurama asked very concerned.
Yamakaza slowly pulled out a hair thin needle out of her arm and looked at it, `Some sort of dart . . . ryu yasha!' “I have to go!”
“What?”
Without warning she fell to the ground immobile as Neko jumped in front of her back that was facing the back door and started growling at it. `Damn! That stuff works fast!' she thought. `I can't even talk.'
“Yamakaza-san, what's wrong?” asked Shori as she kneeled beside her.
“Mother, stay low,” said Kurama as he pulled out a rose.
“What?”
“Here kitty-kitty . . .” they suddenly heard a woman's voice.
Neko suddenly dropped his tail between his legs as his ears went back and hid underneath Yamakaza's arm.
“Ahh, the little kitty doesn't want to come home. That's too bad!”
There was a sudden gust of wind that blew everyone back except Yamakaza and Neko. As the wind died down Yamakaza managed to wrap her arms around Neko in a protective embrace. A ryu winged woman walked in and looked down at her critically. The woman just smiled and shook her head before opening a portal underneath Yamakaza. Yamakaza disappeared into the portal as Kurama slowly got up. He looked at the woman and saw she had the distinct markings of Ryu youkais and wings. He tried to jump into the portal but she started to close it as she went in.
  
“Neko-kun, where are we?” Yamakaza asked as Neko, now in his humanoid form, held her limp body. She tried to look around the dark room but her eyes couldn't adjust to the lack of light in the room.
“I don't know,” he answered as he shivered, “but Ifeel like I've been here before.”
“Damn this paralyzing poison! I can't do anything until it wears off!”
“You shouldn't need to worry; I have a feeling that it's me that should be worried.”
“Why's that?” as she felt Neko's grip tighten around her.
“I think I'm the one they want.” He suddenly began to remember horrible things of the place they were in, “Yamakaza-san . . . make it stop.”
“Neko-kun, linkyour mind with mine,” she told him but in the back of her mind she knew she was doing something that could alter their feelings about each forever. `I have no other choice . . . if I can't protect him here then I can protect him in my mind.'
Neko did as she said and both went into a deep sleep.
  
“Mother, don't worry I'll find her,” Kurama tried to keep his mother from calling the police as he waited for Kudaku to come.
Minamino-san,” Kurama heard Kudaku as she came in. She walked over to her and told the other woman gently as she made the Memory Blocker hand signs her back, “It's going to be okay.”
She gently touched Shiori's forehead with two fingers as Kurama took the opportunity to leave the house and had Hiei led him to someone who knew where the Ryu Youkais' lair was. The person was waiting behind a tree in the park tactfully making it so they couldn't see them. Hiei stopped on the other side of the tree and said, “Can you take us to the Ryu Youkais' lair?”
The person Kurama now identified to be a girl said, “Hiei-kun ya know I can take ya anywhere for the right price or exchange for equal amount of information.”
“Hiei-kun this isn't the Thief of the Three Worlds, is it?” Kurama asked cautiously.
“It is,” she answered as she came out wearing a dark green shinobi shozoku with a mask that covered her face up to her nose. She wore a vest with makimono and kunai pouches as well as a shuriken hoister on her right upper arm and on both thighs. On her waist were tessen hoisters holding two tessen on each side of her waist. “Don't tell me Hiei-kun hasn't told his fellow Reikai Tanteisabout me. Oh, but of course he wouldn't cause then he wouldn't get any information from me, would he?”
“Shut up already! Here's some equal information for you! A fellow member has been captured!” Hiei told her angrily.
She looked at him critically and finally said as she turned to the small forest, “This way, I'll reduce the price by two thirds.”
“What?” Hiei demanded as Kurama followed her into the forestry.
“The reason being Hiei-kun is that it's harder to get out than it is to in. That's why the price is so high in the first place.”
Hiei eventually followed as he grumbled to himself. Kurama asked, “Do you know this Manasha-san we're looking for?”
“Let's just say, I owe her a lot. Now no more questions about me.” They reached a clearing; she sat down and pulled out a map of one part of Makai. As she began to point out she said, “This is their lair, the easiest way to get in is through here.” She pulled out a pendulum and said, “Reveal location of imprisonment.” The pendulum began to glow and move. It finally stopped at one point on the map as a line of light pointed to the mark and she marked it with pencil and said, “I'll led ya through the lair but it's most likely we won't go undetected so be prepared for anything even though no one has tried this in a thousand years. As far as I have heard no one who's gone in has ever come back.”
“Scary,” as Kurama studied the map.
“As long as ya stay close to me ya'll come out alive,” as she quickly rolled up the map. “Now there's no time to waste let's go. Oh and for once Hiei-kun, I trust ya to give me the payment after. O-ushi Ousu-buta O-hitsuji! Worlds PortalOpen!” She placed her hands side by side and a portal opened a few feet in front of her. Hiei stepped through as Kurama looked at it in wonder. The woman's eyebrow began to twitch as she demanded, “Go through already!” and pushed her foot against his butt making him fall through.
On the other side Hiei watched as Kurama fell through and said, “I should have warned you she's impatient when she opens up portals.”
“Thanks,” he said sarcastically.
The woman stepped through and said, “Get your ass up. We don't have time to lie around.”
Kurama got up and said, “I wouldn't be on-”
“Shut it! Ya already on my bad side,” as she raised her hand to him. “Now follow me and try to keep up.”
As they went in search of the entrance Neko and Yamakaza were somehow living her memories instead of going to a safe place in her mind. She was about six during this current memory they were living and it was her practicing to control her powers. She held up her palms face up to the sky and concentrated on putting her reiki into her palms. She was alone on the grass field and on a public school playground. All the other kids were playing on the playground but she didn't like any of the other kids and it didn't seem they liked her.
Yamakaza's sharp ears suddenly picked up the boys talking about her and heard one to pick up a rock. She pulled back her reiki inside her and sat there waiting for them to throw the rock. They did and she easily dodged it by ducking to the right. She looked at the boys blankly and called to them, “You thought you could hit me, think again!”
“Hey, the new girl's acting tough!” said one of the five boys.
“It's not an act!”
“Oh, yeah! Try to dodge this!” said another as he threw another rock.
Instead Yamakaza caught it and crushed it drop into smaller pieces. She walked towards the boys and said when she was face to face to them, “At least I have the guts to comfort the people I don't like instead of standing in the distance throwing rocks at them.” She then walked past them towards the school as she thought, `I really hate this place. Why did father put me in this school?'
“Yamakaza-san, come play with us!” cried one of the girls on the playground.
She looked around for a good place to climb up and spotted a high place to jump to. The boys started laugh at her but stopped when they saw her jump up and grab one of the monkey bars in the middle. She slipped her legs between the bars and pulled herself up. She placed her kneels on the bars and smiled at the girls but their reaction wasn't what she expected. They just stared at her weird, `I knew it they think I'm freak. I'll just tell mommy to keep me out of this.'
Suddenly the connection was broken as someone ripped them apart. Yamakaza screamed as she watched a man place a collar on Neko and dragged him away, “Let me go! Neko-kun!”
“Yamakaza-san! Help!” she heard him cry out in fear.
“Neko-kun!” as she struggled to go after him.
She was suddenly slammed against a stone wall and heard a woman, “Why don't you stay put and be quiet, then I won't have to kill you.”
“Yamakaza-san!” she heard Neko yell in the distance.
 
Neko struggled against the man as he dragged him down a long hall. He began to have flashbacks of something like this happening to him when he was younger. Suddenly there was a blast of air coming from the direction they were headed that stopped the man.
He heard a familiar woman's voice yell, “I won't let do this to him again! Why can't you leave him alone?”
“You never cared what I did to hanyous until you gave birth to one,” he stated calmly and angrily. “Why should it matter now?”
“Because I understand more of what they go through now! Dragon Scale Scatter!”
Neko was thrown against a wall as the manjumped out of the way of scales as they hit where they stood.
  
“Sounds like a fight,” whispered the woman that led Kurama and Hiei through the lair, “Stop.”
They all stopped as the woman pulled out some shuriken from her hoister. She threw eight shuriken at someone ahead of them and heard them go through flesh and hit the wall. They heard cursing ahead of them as she took out two kunai and tied a piece of clothe to their ends. She threw them and they heard them hit the wall as more curses were heard.
“Alright let's go!” she led them into the room the person came out of and said, “Hiei-kun give us some light.”
He did and at one side of the room they saw Yamakaza slumped against the wall unconscious. Kurama went over to her to check her for any other injuries. There were none and he turned to the other woman to ask, “She's fine but what do we do with her?”
“I'll take her out of here while ya two go find whoever else you're looking for. Hiei-kun knows his way around.” She bent down with her back facing Yamakaza and carefully put her on her back with the help from Kurama, “I'll meet ya outside but watch your backs the eldest brother is more powerful than the Dragon Twin Sisters put together.”
“Right, let's go Hiei,” Kurama said as Hiei nodded.
They made it to the doorway of the room when they heard a scream yowl of what sounded like a wolf and a cat.
“What the hell was that?” said the woman.
“Just go,” Hiei told her.
She nodded and headed back in the direction they came from while Hiei and Kurama headed in the direction of the sound. They reached a hallway and saw a ryu yasha lying on the ground exhausted. Hiei went to her and asked, “Where is he?”
She slowly looked at him sorrowfully and said, “In . . . his room . . . like last . . .” then she fell unconscious.
“You know her?” Kurama asked.
“She was the one that let me in the last time,” then he headed towards one of the rooms.
Kurama followed Hiei into a room and saw a male ryus' body lying on the ground dead. They saw blood was everywhere and the Yang deep inside the ryu youkais' chest as a slash to his stomach still dripped with blood. They looked around the room for any sign of Neko and there in a far corner of the room he was sat curled up shaking. They weren't sure if he was crying or just shaking. They heard Neko say in a shaky voice, “I finally did it . . . I finally killed him . . .”
“Neko-kun,” as Kurama tried to get closer to him.
“St-stay away . . . I can't control . . . it,” Neko warned as he shook more.
“Kurama-kun, get back,” Hiei told him.
Kurama backed away as Neko slowly stood up still keeping his head bent. Now that he was standing they saw the top of his hakama was torn to shreds and had red marks, like claws, all over his upper body. “He won't . . . hurt me anymore . . .” Neko told them.
“Neko-kun . . .” they heard the woman from the hallway, “Calm down.”
Neko finally looked up at her and revealed that he was full youkai as his blood red eyes showed sadness and fear filled them. He watched her struggle across the room to him as she held in her hand a dragon pendent. When she reached him Neko wrapped his arms her neck and said as he began to cry, “I-I killed him . . .”
“Yes . . . yes you did,” as she tied the pendent around his neck before she wrapped her arms around him, “he won't harm you again.”
Kurama and Hiei watched in amazement as Neko turned into a child in the yasha's arms. She cradled him in arms and turned to the men to tell them, “He already knows this but his pendent must never be taken off or else he'll go into full youkai . . . Here,” she then handed Neko to Kurama. “He belongs in your world not ours'.”
Kurama took Neko and asked, “Why are you doing this? I thought you were like all the other of your kind.”
She shook her head as she told them, “I was until I fell in love with a ningen and bore a son. Now all my kind hates me but they dare not kill me. But you must leave before my sister comes.”
“How though? There's no other way out.”
“Through the window it's the safest way out.”
“Right,” Kurama nodded and he and Hiei headed to the window.
  
“Where are those bakas?” the woman asked herself as she took cover in the forest outside the dragon castle.
“Huh? Natashi-san?” she suddenly heard Yamakaza ask.
“Yamakaza-san, good you're awake. But you mustn't say my name right now, okay?”
“Alright . . . wait were you captured too?” she suddenly asked.
“No, your red head friend and my friend Hiei asked for my help, but your friend doesn't know who I am and I want to keep it that way.”
“Alright, but where's Neko-kun?” as she looked around.
“That must be who they went after,” she mumbled before she said louder, “They should be here soon . . . There!”
They both looked up and saw Hiei and Kurama jumping out of one of the windows. Natashi started to glow with her bright green aura as she gathered it to summon a large soft plant. The two men landed on it and she then made it disappear. They heard a screech fill the air coming from the castle.
“Here comes the fun part,” she told them. “Yamakaza-san, can ya walk?”
“I think,” she answered as Natashi let her down. She struggled to keep balance but couldn't, “I'm going need help.”
Natashi placed her arm around her neck and said to the others, “We've going to have to run as fast as we can. So ya better keep up with me because if ya don't make through the portal with me you're going to have to find your own way home. Got that?”
“Got it,” answered Kurama.
“Right, let's go,” then she dashed off.
Hiei was close behind her and Kurama still cradling kid Neko in his arms followed behind him. Kurama looked behind him just in time to see lots of dragons gathering in the sky. “I hope you can open the portal now!”
Natashi looked behind and said to Yamakaza, “I need your help to open the Worlds Portal Jutsu.”
“I don't know that jutsu,” she told her.
“Use your right hand to make the O-ushi Ousu-buta O-hitsuji signs.”
“Separate hands . . .” as she smiled.
“Yeah, once we do that just put your hand beside mine.”
“Alright, let's do it!”
They suddenly were back in Ningenkaiwhere they started. Kurama fell over as Neko changed into his normal form. Everyone looked at them as Neko opened his eyes and looked at Kurama. “Um . . . what . . . are you doing?” he asked little freaked out.
Kurama stood up and said, “I'll explain at the house.”
“Kurama-kun, you didn't grab the Yang did you?” asked Hiei.
“I thought you were grabbing it . . .”
“Uma, Tori, Usagi, Saru!” they suddenly heard Neko as he placed his on the ground and there was a flash of light. As the light faded his katana appeared under his hand.
Natashi looked at him then at Yamakaza and asked, “So ya took in the one person that the Head of the Household wants?”
“Don't tell!” she pleaded.
“It's not my business so why should I care. Besides I have more important things to do than tell the Head of the Household what you're doing. See ya!”
“Yamakaza-san, who was that?” Kurama asked.
“Sorry, Kurama-kun but I can't tell you. You just need to know that she's doing what she's doing for a reason. Besides I have no clue of what she's doing,” she held up her hand to stop him from saying anything and said, “and I don't need to know.”
 
Memory Blocker Breaker Ninjutsu. Hand signs: Dog, Ram, Dragon, and Rat. The Memory Blocker Breaker Ninjutsu just like the name says it breaks all the Memory Blocker Ninjutsu one has set on someone.
Ningenkai means Human World this is where ningen resign.
Japanese bathroom are small and they don't use the same toilets as Americans. If you ever go there don't except American style of toilets.
Classes (I got this from a Yu Yu Hakusho website I don't remember what's it called but I still give credit to them)
The ranking of demons and apparitions is done by grade letters. E-class is the weakest class of demons, only slightly stronger than ordinary humans. Meanwhile, the S-class is the strongest demon classification. Each class also has sub-divisions of upper (or +), middle, and lower (or -). For example, A has three subclasses: A-, A, and A+. They are not used to classify humans, and the when judging the power of a human, they will say that the characters power is equivalent to a certain demon class. A* indicates that the particular character is at the highest level of that rank. In the Three Kings Saga, it seems that many demons surpass the Upper S-class rankings, so Yu Yu Hakusho adopts a numerical system. 80,000 on this system is equivalent to a Middle B-class, 120,000 to a Middle A-class, and 200,000 to a Middle S-class. However, the device used to record the energy levels aforementioned breaks before the Makai Tournament, so the exact class and energy readings of some of its contestants remain unknown.
Middle E-class 25,000
Middle D-class 50,000
Middle C-class 60,000
Middle B-class 80,000
Middle A-class 120,000
Middle S-class 200,000
Tessen (鉄扇, Tessen) were folding fans with outer spokes made of iron which were designed to look like regular, harmless folding fans or solid clubs shaped to look like a closed fan. Samurai could take these to places where swords or other overt weapons were not allowed, and some swordsmanship schools included training in the use of the tessen as a weapon. The tessen was also used for fending off arrows and darts, as a throwing weapon, and as an aid in swimming, like hand-flippers.
Ousu-buta means Boar. Facing out, non-dominant hand makes a fist as the dominant hand on top with index and pinky up.