Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Thirteenth Full Moon ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 19
The Thirteenth Full Moon
Yamakaza looked at herself in her mirror at the sight she saw in front of her. She saw dog ears on her head and her hair was a lighter ember red. At first she thought her brother had placed fake ears on her head but when she went to take them off she froze. She felt her fingers brush the right ear and it actually felt as if she was touching her own ears. She moved her hand down to where her ears were supposed to be and saw they weren't there.
She told herself, “It's okay nothing's wrong . . .” That was until she felt something move across her pajama bottoms. She looked down and saw a fluffy tail. She finally let out a scream as she realized that the ears and tail were actually apart of her.
 
Everyone in the house heard Yamakaza scream from her room. Neko was the first one to her room and yelled, “Yamakaza-san what's wrong?”
“Nothing!” she yelled fearfully.
“I'm coming in!” as he reached for the doorknob.
“No!” as he heard her throw herself against her door. “Don't come in!”
Neko turned the knob and tried to open the door but for some reason couldn't. “What's wrong? Open this door!”
“No! I-I ya-can't!”
“What do you mean you can't? You're holding the door shut!”
“Just go to school and tell the Kurama-kun I won't be able to make it today!”
“Alright if you say so,” before he walked back down the stairs.
“What's wrong?” aunt Kudaku asked as she met him at the bottom of the stairs.
“I don't know but she said that she wasn't coming to school today.”
“Odd . . .”
 
Yamakaza was pacing the room as she tried to figure out why she was like this all of a sudden. She took pulled out a Youkai Species Book that sat on her dresser along side some of her other books of different spells, potions, and such things like that. She flipped through the pages and saw `Canine Youkai' as one of the titles of a section. “Let's see fluffy tails and big ears . . .”
She slowly looked at each individually picture until she came to the wolves. “Okay I'm a wolf yasha but what species of wolf. Well, my hair looks maroon and so does my ears and tail.”
She looked at each picture and finally came to the Cinder Wolf Clan. On the page it had a youkai and yasha wolf posing and a description of the clan. ``The Cinder Wolf Clan one of the most pride full clans of the wolves. Their clan's motto is `Do or die' they refuse give in to anything. They generally refuse to show weakness and most of the time they have short tempers but they take great joy in their packs. They would do anything to protect them and kill anyone who would try to destroy their packs,'' she read and then said, “No wonder why I'm so protective of my brother but it doesn't answer the question of why I'm like this?”
“I could answer that,” said a voice of a woman in the direction of Yamakaza's window.
She looked up and saw a woman in a black kimono with white lightning designs all over it. One of the woman's uma ears faced her as the other faced the side. The woman's bright red eyes stared back at her warmly until Yamakaza yelped and it turned into a confused look.
Yamakaza pointed at her and cried, “Wh-who are you? Wh-what are you doing in my room?”
“. . . that's right ningens weren't use to people appearing in their rooms.” She stood up and bowed to her as she placed her left hand on the top of her chest. “I'm Shiro Inazuma . . .”
“Th-that's th-the-”
“Yup! The same name as the secret name you gave your uma!” as she straightened up.
“That's impossible,” as stood up and backed away from the woman, “Only I know that name a-and-”
“Me, I'm a Uma yasha . . . your uma.”
Suddenly Yamakaza just collapsed onto her floor and Shiro Inazuma walked over to her as she sighed. She really didn't expect the girl to actually faint because from what she heard of the Takashi training all ninjas are expected to expect the unexpected. Then again it's not everyday that one learns that they are a youkai and meet up with a youkai that's also their uma.
 
Yamakaza woke up on her bed and said, “That was the weirdest dream I have ever had.” She ran her hand through her hard and suddenly realized it wasn't a dream because the wolf ears were still there.
“Good you're awake,” said the voice of Shiro Inazuma from across the room.
She looked at the uma yasha and said in disappointment, “So this isn't a dream.”
“Nope . . . this is real. You're lucky that you became a hanyou before your brother did or else you wouldn't be able to protect him.”
Yamakaza stared at the other woman sternly and asked, “What do you mean by that?”
“Haven't you ever noticed how his moods change to that of a Takashi ninja in battle?”
“Sometimes,” her attitude changed when she realized she didn't like where it was going.
“Your brother is among the few people, ningen or youkai, which will develop skills beyond those of any of the Wolf Clans. You can blame your ancestor Natsumi for this if you want.”
“I can't blame any of my ancestors for what's happening now,” as she placed her arm on her face.
“That's the first time I heard that from any of your family.”
“ . . . what does that supposed to mean?” as she looked up.
“Well, for the last three hundred years I was selected to keep an eye on your part of the family along with some others.”
“Who else? Are you going to be watching my brother?” she demanded.
“I'm sorry I can't answer those questions but I can tell you that the person watching over your brother is good. They wouldn't let anything happen to your brother.”
“I still don't like the idea of this but when do I turn back to normal.”
“How should I know?” Shiro Inazuma asked casually. “It's your transformation.”
“Who knew you were going act like this if you weren't a real horse?” she asked to herself jadedly.
“Yup that's what most people say about me.”
  
Katsuro watched as Neko stood in front of the class reading poetry assignment as he made movements with one hand. Neko had many talents that he was modest about and chose to stay silent most of the time. Katsuro couldn't figure out one thing about Neko, it was his hair, it grew so quickly and now it was getting puffier. That made the girls like him even more and he hated that. They also loved the way he talked to everyone and the way he talked about his samurai honor or when he defended them.
`Neko-kun . . . he's always being so noble! Why can't he let some other guys take the glory?' it was at that moment that he released that the guys of the class were commenting on his poetry. `Don't any of these men have any dignity? The guy was raised by wolves, samurais, and supposedly ninjas! Everyone knows that ninjas and samurais are enemies and wolves don't live in Japan!'
Neko sat in his desk and placed his journal into his jacket. Katsuro noticed that Neko was always smiling that made it seemed he never had a bad day. Katsuro was determined to expose Neko for the fraud he was and he was going to do that today. After lunch, Katsuro and Neko had a free period and Katsuro decided to follow Neko to see what he was up to. Neko went to the soccer field and sat in the grass he suddenly took off his jacket and under shirt, revealing his rigid, back.
Katsuro was surprised that Neko didn't really care about social standards and he spotted something on Neko's left shoulder that was very odd. He was sure Neko wasn't into tattoos but the rose blooming mark on his back said otherwise. A stray cat wandered up to Neko and sat on his stomach as he laid flat on his back in the grass.
“I know you're there,” Neko told him not even looking at him.
Katsuro jumped at realizing the extent of Neko's senses had developed since he grew up in the wild.
“I know you've been watching me for a while now. I'm not that unobservant . . . why don't you come and join me.”
Katsuro slowly came over and sat down beside him.
Neko noticed him side glancing at his long hair, “You can touch it if you want to satisfy your curiosity.”
“What?” Katsuro asked startled as he looked at him disgusted.
“My hair . . .”
“Oooh . . .” as he realized what Neko meant and reached out to touch the hair fanned out on the grass. Surprisingly Neko's hair was soft like a long haired cat and thick as a dog in winter. “What is up with your hair?”
Without even looking at him Neko answered, “My body adapted to the environment when I was six or seven.”
“That isn't logical!”
“I lived with the pack for nine years.”
“No ningen can survive nine years in a pack of wolves and there are no wolves in Japan!”
Neko opened one eye and looked at him before saying as he closed it again, “You think too much . . .”
“Why are you noble? Why do you have a tattoo on your back?”
“I'm noble because that's the way I was raised and that's a birthmark on my back not a tattoo,” as he sat up while the cat slid onto his lap. He picked up his shirt, put it back on, and then put on his jacket. “Well, I need to head to class before the bell rings.”
“Why are you still going to class if Yamakaza-san isn't here?” as he watched Neko place the cat in the grass and it ran away.
“Because she told me I had to and she said she would take me to a dance party place . . . thing . . .” as he stood up. “See ya,” he waved as he walked back towards the school.
`I will find out what you're hiding,' Katsuro thought. (If you're interested in the symbol on Neko's back I'll put it up in my gallery)
  
“Neko-kun you ready to go,” Yamakaza called as she placed her wallet in here front pocket of her jeans.
“Yup,” as he walked down the stairs before suddenly stopped and stared at her. “What are you wearing?”
“This is just what I wear to dance places,” she told him as opened the door, “Come on or we won't get in.”
He just nodded as he followed her out for he was still stunned at what she was wearing. She wore a black shinobi shozoku with the sleeves cut off, the front was cut off to revealed the Moon Cat's Eye Jewel and was tactfully covering the her right shoulder blade that revealed her left shoulder. He himself was wearing a shirt that was called a wife beater and loose jeans pants. Before he realized it they were at the place.
“Come on,” as Yamakaza grabbed his hand and led him to the door. In their way was a tall man standing in the way and she said to him, “Yo, Masuyo!”
“Yo, Yama-hoshi!” he answered, “It's been a while since you've been here!”
“Been busy but I brought a friend,” as she pulled Neko forward.
“Hi, there Dokushinjosei,” Masuyo smiled at him.
“Nice to meet you Masuyo-kun I'm Saigo Made Neko,” Neko said as he made sure Masuyo realized he was a boy.
“Sorry Neko-kun,” he said embarrassed.
He just shook his head in dismissal and Yamakaza said, “I was hoping we could get in.”
“Of course you and your boyfriend can, you always come early.”
“Boy-boy-”
“No you're mistake,” Neko told him calmly as he raised his hand to dismiss the thought, “we're not in a relationship.”
“Oh, sorry my bad, well go ahead in,” he told them as he opened the door.
As they entered they heard `The Ketchup Song' by Las Ketchup start to play. “Come on; let's get on the dance floor it gets to crowded. You know how you get in close quarters,” Yamakaza told him and when they got on the floor she said, “Now just do what I do.”
Neko watched her a moment as she swung her arms in the air above her head and threw a foot in front of her. She bent back a little before she straightened up and spun. She stopped and began to dance faster as the music sped up by just using her feet. When he got the hang of it he joined her and chuckled as she smiled at him joyously. They soon were starting to think as one and put their hands in the air at the same time they swung their hips to the music. There was no denying it they were good as dance partners, lab partners, for that matter any type of partner just they started to think as one.
The music changed to `Macarena by' Wil Veloz and soon more people joined in on the dance. Once again Neko followed Yamakaza's led, right arm out, left arm out, right palm up, and left palm up. Right hand on left shoulder, left hand on right shoulder, right hand on right side of the neck, and left hand on left side of the neck. Right hand on right side of head, left hand on left side of head, right hand on left hip, left hand on right hip, right hand on right hip, and left hand on left hip. Swing hips, jump to the left, and then repeat. Neko laughed at how easy the dance was and neither he nor Yamakaza notice the two men watching them.
They finally sat at a table exhausted from their dancing and ordered some drinks.
“That was fun,” Neko sighed as he leaned back into his chair.
“I knew you would have fun,” Yamakaza told him.
“The second dance we did was the easiest dance I've ever done.”
“I bet traditional dances are harder to do.”
“Damn those two are still watching us,” Neko said suddenly as he looked over at two men in the corner of the room from the corner of his eye.
“I noticed them when we sat down.”
“Shall we?”
“We shall.”
They both made sure the two men didn't see them do the hand signs for the Clone jutsu and the Illusion jutsu. They made themselves invisible as their clones left the building and watched as the two men followed the clones.They released the Illusion jutsu and sat there drinking their drinks.
Yamakaza looked at her watch and said, “We better head home it's getting late.”
“You're right let's go,” as he stood up and stretched. “I'm sure our clones won't last long with all the energy we spent dancing.”
Yamakaza left the money for their drinks on their table and followed Neko out of the building.