Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story 2 - Dark Tears ❯ Left Behind ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13
Left Behind
 
 
They sat in silence for a minute or so.
“We best keep going,” said Youko softly.
“Wait!” They all turned at Leslie's sudden command. “We're about to enter Kira-kira!” she said.
“Yeah?” asked Yusuke, looking out into the snowy land before them. “So?”
“Well,” she continued. “I'm pretty sure that…uhhh…”
“Spit it out woman!” snapped the impatient Hiei. She glared lightly.
“I'm sure that the snow is toxic to pure humans.” There was an endless and deafening silence.
“No way!” shouted Yusuke. “There's no way we're leaving Kuwabara!” His comrades looked anywhere but at Yusuke.
“Alright,” spoke up Kuwabara. “If I can't enter, I can't enter. I'll wait here, so in case any of Koenma's men come looking for you, I can lead them off your trail, it's snowing so hard your footprints will be covered in no time anyway.”
“I'll wait with you,” said Lila. “I'm much more familiar with this forest than you, plus, I can take care of any demons who wander over here.”
“No,” answered Kuwabara. “You have to go with them.” Lila looked around helplessly.
“He's right,” said Kuro. Hiei snorted. With that they all left, leaving Kuwabara behind. They walked slowly through Kira-kira. The snow was knee deep and the falling snow whished by in the wind like and speeding bullet, sting their already numb faces. They trudged forward still, the icy wind going right through their clothes and biting their skin. A blanket of ice seamed to cover them, an ocean of numbness, with waves of ice water washing over them. Finally, after a couple hours, Leslie fell to the ground, breathing heavily.
“Go without me,” she said. “I'll catch up.”
“No way!” said Lila, how will you know which direction we're taking? The snowflakes blind you if you look right in!”
“Don't worry,” said Leslie, her violet hair falling into her face. She looked worse than the rest of them; her skin was pale, with a rosy tint on her cheeks. There was crimson lining her eyes, and her lips were a purplish-blue. With that she started to giggle.
“Oh no,” muttered Kuro. “All this cold is affecting her head, she won't last much longer in this storm.”
“I see a cave over there,” said Youko. “We can drag her into it, it won't be much warmer but at least it'll shield us from the wind and snow.” With that Youko and Kuronue took a hold of Leslies arms and dragged her into the nearby cave, Lila, Yusuke, and Hiei following behind. They stood around Leslie who was sitting against the cave walls, shivering violently. Lila was sitting next to her, her arms wrapped around her sister, trying to keep her warm. Lila started humming, trying to comfort both her sister and herself, she was very close to freaking out.
“What are we going to do?” said Lila; worry clearly in her voice. “She'll freeze!”
“Hn,” hned Hiei, before slipping off his cloak and tossing it to Lila. Lila wrapped it around her freezing sister.
“Thank you so much!” she said, standing, before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.
“GET AWAY FROM ME WOMAN!” shouted Hiei. She laughed.
“That's not how Youko reacts!”
“But what are we going to do?” asked Yusuke getting back on subject.
“We have to keep moving,” answered Kuro.
“And leave her here?!” shrieked Lila.
“Just go without me,” said Leslie, her shivering had ceased, and her lips had returned to a dull pink, man that cloak must've been warm! “There are no demons around here, I'll just wait for you here. In fact, you all should stay here the night, its dark, and you can't keep walking all night, under normal circumstances yes, but it'll be pitch black cause there is no moon and with all that snow flying around something bad will defiantly happen.” They all agreed with her and sat/laid down. Leslie was in the middle of the back wall, still wrapped in the dragon-masters cloak, Lila and Youko were sitting to the right of her, close together to share body heat. Kuronue was sitting in the right hand corner of the back; his bat wings wrapped around him like a blanket. Yusuke sat in the left hand corner, curled up in a little ball. And Hiei was near the entrance, watching the snowflakes drift by.
 
Hiei's P.O.V
 
I watched the drifting snowflakes, they say no two flakes look alike, but I can't tell the difference. They all, no matter what shape, remind me of home.
 
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: Hey! Happy New Year! Hoped you liked this chapter! It was just a bit longer than usual. Please Review!