Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ The Beginning Of What's Gone ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
The Beginning Of What's Gone
I don't own YYH
 
 
 
Yusuke sighed, “Yep, you're right.”
“Now who is this monster inside of the boy that everyone is fearing?” asked Riazen.
“His name is Youko, Youko Kurama,” yusuke replied.
“Youko, as in the legendary bandit Youko?” asked Riazen, a flicker of amusement shone in his eyes for the first time.
“Yep,” moaned Yusuke while flicking a piece of grass around.
“Damn,” mumbled Riazen who had a somewhat shocked look on his face.
“What, did he steal from you too?” asked Yusuke looking up.
“No, I knew him back when I was with your mother,” said Riazen.
Yusuke's eyes were bulging like tennis balls and his jaw dropped open.
“But I thought you haven't see her for centuries and Kurama said he was only 300.” “Only?” I can't believe I just said that…
Riazen bent his head back and laughed.
“He betrayed Yomi over 1,000 years ago and that was before we met! Only 300! That guy was always so humorous! Even I'll admit he looked awfully young but 300?!”
“Yeah well, he isn't that funny,” mumbled Yusuke.
“If you have a few minutes on your watch you can hear the legend of Youko Kurama, “The Uncaught Bandit, “The Angel Of Thievery,” “King Of Thieves?” asked Riazen “It was told to me from Youko himself, so its all true, no lies.”
“Sure,” said Yusuke sitting up straighter eager to hear of Kurama's past.
“Then I suggest you make yourself comfortable son, and dear reader because you are about to hear time's tale, the tale of what's gone the tale of the legendary bandit…Youko Kurama.
 
A young boy looking only about eight years of age stood at the kitchen stove rapidly stirring a peach colored mix and nervously glancing at the clock every few minutes. At 5:26 a woman stormed in and slapped the boy, sending him across the room. His back hit the rough metal surface of the bottom sink, a trickle of blood slid down his cheek. He stared at her with his big golden eyes. His hair was matted with dirt; you could barely make out the silver color. He had two small white fox ears and a tail.
“I gave you until 5:25 to make dinner! What? That's not enough? You brat! I've kept you alive all this time!” screamed the woman.
Wrong, I've kept myself alive; you haven't ever been there for years…he thought
The woman, after giving him another hard kick turned on her heal and left. The young boy had lived under the abuse of his parents for years. But would soon be escaping it all, for good. He got up
and stumbled out of the room. He found his older brother lazily sprawled and the couch reading. The background noise of his parents fighting was quiet to some but deafening to him.
“You're acting like it has feelings! Why don't you help it with its chores next time? They would go a lot quicker! Maybe it can learn to do the housework in the time I give it!”
“ `Its' our youngest son! How can you treat him so cruelly?!”
His brother grinned,
“How ya doin' Youko? Or is it “It” now?”
No, my name will always be just Youko. The boy thought.
“It must feel terrible being the only one who gets beaten,” his brother sneered.
Youko paid no attention to this remark as he went downstairs. It was nearly time for the family to eat the dinner he made. Although he wasn't considered family anymore so he wasn't aloud at the table, but Youko was happy with whatever leftovers he could get. So he just sat there listening to the family say a talk of things such as the weather and hopes of no school. Youko had never gone to school, so he enjoyed the few hours he got almost everyday when the house was empty. It was at that time of day when he was able to taste the freedom beyond the cold dark cell of his family's abuse. It was then when the thought struck him between the eyes. He could leave. He had the power to abandon his chamber of death tonight even. He could leave.
Later…
Youko crawled up the wooden stairs being careful not to make a sound. He took off his shoes (or what was left of them for he had worn them out many years ago) and crept into the kitchen. It was 2:30am. His goal was to get to the next town that was in “Vermin City” Demon Worlds largest.
However he only had a couple of hours to get there. He snuck outside and put back on his shoes. Then he took off down the street. Running faster then he had ever in his life. Tears of joy were streaming down his face.
I'm finally leaving, he thought to himself. After years I can finally live outside the barrier of fear and suffering, some people call it normal life, I say it's a promise land…