Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Friendship Enters The Fray ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
Friendship Enters The Fray I don't own YYH
 
“The world is dark, light is precious and rare; take advantage of it.” That was Youko's motto. He didn't yet know what the “light” was supposed to be but he was sure he would figure out his own riddle. He had been living in the streets for almost a year now. His life depended on shoplifting. Hey, if you're sleeping a tree and are too young to get a job there is no better way to keep on livin'. He trained his hands to move as fast as lightning and he found that being beaten as a child was only to his advantage because he was so used to having to use his senses to tell if somebody was coming it improved them. He could hear the dripping of water from a fountain a block away, he could make out small details on faraway figures, and know the sent of blood when it came to him in a slight breeze. He also taught himself to fight, at least enough to survive but it wouldn't do him any good if he got jumped a whole gang.
One day while Youko was hanging out in “Connie's Candy” Shop he saw a boy who looked about a year older than him look suspiciously around and then shove a candy bar into his pocket. Youko rolled his eyes; obviously he was new to shoplifting. So he decided to set a good example. He walked over to where the boy was standing, made sure he was out of view of the cameras, gave a friendly smile to the cashier, and stuck two candy bars into his deep pocket. The boy stared in admiration. Youko then strolled out of the store casually grinning.
And then it happened, a large gang of about 10 teenagers ran in. One delivered a punch to Youko's face. Blood blocked his vision and he staggered over practically blind. Another boy kicked him in the stomach. It was then when he heard another person walk in and beat up all the others. Youko quickly wiped the blood from his eyes and looked up at the stranger. It was the boy from the candy shop. He had black chin length hair and large black bat wings on his back.
“Man, you're a good shoplifter but you gotta either watch your back or learn to fight.”
Youko reached into his pocket and pulled out one of the “Zailies Bat Bars” that he had stolen and tossed it to the boy.
“Thanks,” he said sticking it into his pocket. Youko got to his feet.
“My name is Youko,”
“I'm Kuronue,” he replied shaking Youko's hand.
 
 
“Do you think you could show me how to shoplift?” he asked.
“Only if you promise to teach me to fight,” said Youko smiling.
 
Me: So did you like it? I know this chapter was short but that's life. This was my first story so cut me slack. Please review.