Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Fame and Legend ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
Fame and legend I DON'T OWN YYH
Years past. Youko and Kuronue became legendary bandits. There fame spread throughout Demon World faster than their wanted posters. They decided to make a “Lair” which was an underground house with many rooms. Where Youko could spend his days planning battle strategies and researching opponents, and at night they would have somewhere to sleep. Of course Youko didn't spend every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year in a day just in the lair. He in fact quite enjoyed strolling through the forest on warm summer days.
“When you get yourself caught and killed because of your mindless wondering don't come running for my help,” his partner Kuronue would say. Youko didn't care; just hanging around all day wasn't a way he planned to spend his life.
“Time is your asset not your opponent,” that's the saying that pulled Youko from one successful thievery to the next. Youko was currently sitting on a branch of a tall oak tree about 50 feet off the ground. He had a long piece of parchment on his lap and was sketching the scenery around him. He set the piece of lead down and lifted himself onto a higher branch. It was one of those days when you are so bored that nothing sounds interesting. So he wondered out of the forest back to the lair.
Years dragged on, everyday was the same: Get up, catch breakfast, go over battle plans, hangout in forest, catch lunch, go thieving with Kuronue (unless they were laying low), make new battle plans, and go to bed.
It wasn't the way you might think most bandits would live but it was life for the fox demon.
*Snores*
“Yusuke!!!”
“Wh-huh?” said Yusuke waking up.
“Don't tell me you slept through that!”
“Of course not go on!”
Riazen sighed, “Came out just a little too much like your mother.”
“Kuronue,” Youko asked one day, “Can we steal from `The Blade Castle of eternal darkness'?”
Kuronue raised an eyebrow.
“Nobody has survived long enough to leave before.”
“That's my point Kuronue! If we steal from there our legends can become bigger than ever before! Bigger than `Sin Hill!' Pleeeaaassse!” pleaded Youko who was now at the age of 104, looked like 30, and acted childish.
“What the Hell, I guess a challenge would be refreshing,” said Kuronue. As the two of them got ready for a battle they would never forget.