Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Meeting In The Dark ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
Meeting In The Dark I DON'T OWN YYH
Kuronue prepared very differently than Youko. He hooked a dagger that had a black ancient looking handle with a red gem in the center around his neck. He also took supplies they might need like rope and matches.
“Youko you ready?” he called.
“In a minute!” Youko called back.
Quickly, Youko took two small roses and put them in the back of his hair so they weren't visible. For Youko had figured out his powers long ago. He could manipulate plants into deadly weapons with his spirit energy, cast illusions, and shape shift. Then he dressed in his favorite thieving robes, which were all white. He shoved a death tree seed in his pocket and ran after his partner who had already left. When they reached their destination Youko took out a long piece of parchment and gazed down at it. Kuronue looked over his shoulder to see a picture of the mansion sketched on it.
“It looks like here's out best bet,” said Youko pointing to one of the higher up windows near the top. They hurried along the shadows to the other side. And sure enough there was a window about 70 feet above them.
“Now how do we get up there genius?” But barely before Kuronue could finish his sentence he was hurled through the window. After getting back onto his feet he glared down at the fox.
“Did you just push me through a freak'in seven story window?!” he yelled.
Youko grinned.
“Yep! How's the view?”
“Ugly if I'm looking in your direction!” his partner called back.
“Yeah, whatever! Lower the rope numbskull!”
After Youko had gotten in the tower (which was very hard because Kuronue kept swaying the rope) they found themselves in a circular stone room.
“There is no way out. They floor and/or walls show no sign of trap doors. Come on lets find a different window,” said Kuronue.
“No, look!”
Kuronue turned and saw his friend pointing to an air vent. He groaned.
“Youko don't tell me you found something else you want to throw me through.”
“No blockhead! This is the way out! We go through the air vent!” he said.
“Youko, there is no way we could fit throu---
Before he could finish the stubborn little demon pushed him against the wall and climbed on his shoulders.
“Wha--hey! Get off!”
“Hold still! I'll never get in the vent if you keep mov'in!”
Youko got in and pulled up his bat-friend. They crawled through the vent being careful to walk lightly.
“Would you gel you tail away from my face?!” snapped Kuronue.
“Sorry!” Youko replied. “Wait I hear somebody coming!”
They froze and listened. Soon two girls appeared out of the darkness. They looked shocked that somebody else had planned on stealing from there tonight. The girl in front had scarlet hair that went a little past her shoulders. Her bangs were a light crimson. She had ruby colored eyes. She was dressed in pale blue pants and a pale blue belly-shirt. The girl behind her had light purple hair that waved around her face and turquoise eyes. She wore a silky yellow dress.
“Hey, what are you doing here?” the first girl asked.
“The real question is what are you two girls doing up here in the middle of the night hanging around deserted mansions.” said Youko.
“I'm not just some girl. My name's Lila.”
“Who's you friend?” asked Kuronue.
He's my sister, Leslie.”
“Ohh…” Kuronue looked sort of pale.
“Now leave! We were here first!” said Lila. `There are traps if you go that way anyway.”
“What do you mean?” asked Youko.
*Sigh* “Boys are so stupid. There is no treasure. This place was designed to catch thieves,” she said. With that the four of them scrambled out of the mansion.
“You see? I told you!” said Lila as the door locked itself right after they got out.
“Yeah, thanks,” said Kuronue.
“Aw, we could have figured it out,” said Youko
“You're just jealous that us girls are smarter!”
“What?!”
Kuronue, realizing a fight was erupting grabbed the back of Youko's shirt, spread his wings and took off.
“Kuronue what the Hell are you doing?!”
“I can't let you hit a girl,” he replied.
Youko shook his fist at Lila; who was making faces.
Kuronue rolled his eyes and thought,
I hope we don't run into them again, for Youko's sake!