Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Endless Searching ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13
Endless Searching
 
 
“So what's next on our agenda?” growled Kuronue as the three walked down the dark hall.
“Wait you know about--” started Youko.
“Yes!” his partner snapped. “I know we're going from that stupid piece of paper!” After he said that there was silence.
“Sorry,” Kuronue. “ I didn't mean to yell.”
“It's alright man,” said Youko.
“Look!” Lila interrupted them. They all looked to where she was pointing and saw a dim glow. They ran toward the light. Youko had to put a hand in front of his eyes so the light would not burn into them as painfully. Once his eyes and the eyes of his comrades had adjusted they looked around. They thankfully weren't going in circles, and found themselves in an entirely new room. It was made from rain cloud-gray stone that was crumbling in some places. The walls and floor were damp and the faint sound of dripping water could be heard. That was when Youko decided that the dripping sounds he had heard were only and always just dripping water. There was a dim bulb on the ceiling giving off just enough light to make out the rest of the room, although there wasn't much to see, only a few rats crawling around and a big metal door on one wall. To there surprise they opened it quite easily. Beyond it was a stone passageway. They could see many turns that were optional to take.
“It's the maze of rooms,” whispered Lila. Youko nodded.
“We best stick together. It's more than likely that all but one of these passageways leads to a deathly trap. And I'm almost certain that if one or more of us die and one survives, they will keep waiting for the others until the apocalypse has ended,” stated Kuronue. “We will not be able to tell if one of us is just behind or dead.”
“But, won't we be easier to kill that way?” Lila asked.
“Yes…” said Youko in a whisper of a voice.
 
 
Flashback
(This takes place right before his mother went mad)
 
“Come on Kayla, come out of the bathroom!” shouted seven year old (much older in demon years) Youko. He pounded on the wooden surface again. Kayla, his 16 (older in demon years) year old sister didn't reply. She was very depressed lately and had locked herself in the bathroom four hours ago and wouldn't come out.
“Kayla, you need to come out!” he continued to yell. She sat on the edge of the bathtub, staring straight ahead, blocking out all noise. In her hand she held a dagger. It had a gagged blade and a black handle with a purple jewel in the middle. She ran a finger over the edge of the blade. Her long silver hair was tied in a very messy bun on the top of her head; you could hardly make out the two white fox ears sitting on top. Her golden eyes seemed clouded over, or covered in mist. She unexpectedly stood. Her knee length pure white dress swayed slightly. She walked over to the window and lifted the screen. She carefully stepped out of the window; she didn't want to hurt herself. She'd save that pleasure for later. She ran bare foot along the grassy plain, her dress flapping wildly. By that time Youko managed to pick the lock on the door and get in the bathroom. He looked around to find the window ajar and his sister gone. He sighed, climbed out of the window and ran after her.
Kayla was about 200 yards away when she carefully climbed over an iron fence and continued running. She had finally reached the lake. She gripped the knife as she studied the perfect picture of her and her surroundings in the water.
Youko jumped the fence and wildly shook his head, trying to see his sister. He saw her a couple hundred feet away, standing near the lake. The dagger in her hand was raised to her chest and her eyes nailed shut. He raced towards her, as fast as his demon legs could carry him.
“Kayla! No!” he shouted. But it was too late, Kayla had already dug the knife into her chest and let herself fall into the water, destroying the horrible mirror image of the scene.
When Youko came home with the sad news his mother called him a `Child Of Evil' and blamed him for the death of her oldest daughter. That's why she continuously beat him…
 
Flashback ended
 
Youko shook the memory from his head and said,
“But not believing in your abilities to survive or just giving up, is for the weak minded. Believe me I know. Now lets go.”
 
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: Well, there you go. I knew some of you wanted to know why his parents beat him so I though I should throw that in there. Please review and tell me what you thought, or you can e-mail me. (Although I don't like that as much!) Thanks!