Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Trapped In Darkness ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 12
Trapped By Darkness
 
 
“Let's just go, I can't bare to be here anymore,” said Lila sadly. Youko nodded in agreement. The three walked on through the hall in silence. Youko had long since retreated to the back of his mind, and old trick he learned when he was young, he found it a good place to ponder things or sort through his thoughts.
I can't believe Leslie's dead! She was always so nice…so caring! I could always talk to her about Lila and other stuff and not feel weird because he…she… always understood. No…I can't think about that now. I need to figure out this thing so none of my friends are hurt anymore. But I'm sure, what just happened has already scarred them, and me, for life.
He took the small piece of crumpled paper out of his pocket.
“Where the first blood will be shed, tiny drops of crimson red…” he mumbled quietly to himself.
Oh great! No one of us will be hurt and bleeding! What next? Three one-way tickets for the subway to Hell? This is so stupid! I'm so pissed I could…
He was cut from his thoughts by a jab of searing pain go through his right arm. He let out a small cry of pain. The others turned to see blood flowing out of his shoulder. Staining the floor dark red. They saw an electric green glob (let's call them teeth-ers) sticking onto the wall by his arm. It had two green bug eyes to match its `skin'. It also had a mouth (but no nose) with several rows of razor sharp teeth. It was also beaming with electricity, making it very dangerous to go near. Its few features were almost cartoon-y. This would have made the trio laugh if it weren't for the fact the had to make it through a large castle infested with flesh-eating monsters and there dear friend Leslie had died right in front of them. Youko used the Rose Whip he got out earlier to slash it. The sticky mess exploded to nothing. Youko grew very tired from blood loss and leaned against the cold concrete wall for support. Kuronue ripped off part of his black vest and tied it around Youko's arm to stop the blood flow.
“You okay?” he asked, both him and Lila looking concerned (Although Kuronue was trying to hide it).
“I-I'm fine,” said Youko, a little dazed.
“Can you make it?” asked his partner. Youko slightly nodded and they continued down the hall. As the light got dimmer and dimmer Youko called out to Lila, who he could hardly see any longer,
“Lila, can you make a fire to light this place up?”
“N-no,” she said. “This darkness it's…restraining my spirit energy.” Soon you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. The darkness seemed to surround them, over take them, consume them… all the sudden there was a scream, followed by the loud thud of a body hitting the floor. Lila!
“Lila! Are you okay?” called Youko into the darkness. “Lila, Kuronue, can you hear me?” He heard Kuronue groan,
“Lila, get off of me!”
“Are you guys okay?” Youko repeated as soon as he was sure that the two had gotten up off the damp floor.
“Yeah,” said what seemed to be Lila's voice. “I tripped over a crack in the ground and fell on Kuronue.” Youko let out a small chuckle.
“It's not funny dirt-face!” yelled Kuronue, playfully punching Youko in the stomach…or at least he though he punched Youko, but in reality he accidentally punched Lila.
“Ouch!” she cried. “What ga' do that for?!”
SLAP!
“Ow! Don't ever do that again Lila!”
Drip…Drip…Drip…
“SHHSH!” hushed Youko. “Listen, can't you hear it?” After a minute of silence Lila spoke,
“Hear what Youko?”
“N-nothing,” he said. “Must have just been my imagination.”
No, he thought. It wasn't just my imagination; I heard that sound again…the sound I heard right before Leslie died. Maybe it really is just my imagination, or maybe the darkness getting to my head…or maybe…we're…going around in circles…
 
 
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: Bu Bu Bum! Yes! Another chapter! Have Youko and the rest found their destination that remains a mystery even to them? Or are they really going around in circles and will soon find themselves back at where Leslie died, the most horrible moment of their lives…so far…
Listen, this is my first Fan Fic and I really need reviews on it. I've got 5 so far and I'm really thankful to those who have already reviewed. Heck, they are probably my only readers! So if you wanna prove me wrong, you can go review right now. And if you have already it only helps to review this chapter as well. Comments, Idea's, Reviews, or Flames are welcomed.