Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ The First Blood ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11
The First Blood
 
 
“What is it?” Lila asked.
“I don't know…I don't know.”
Kuroune and Leslie walked over. Eyeing the box Kuroune took out his dagger and put the edge of the blade under the lid and was able to pry it open. Youko reached inside and pulled out a rusted silver key.
“A piece of tin?” he asked.
“No,” said Lila taking the key from him. “It's a key. And there is a piece of paper.”
“What's it say?” he asked as the four gathered around in a circle.
Lila read the note aloud. It said,
 
In the darkest of the night,
Breaking of the dimmest light,
Down the spiral road to Hell,
The sacrifice that you can tell,
Where the first blood will be shed,
Tiny drops of crimson red,
Make it through the maze of rooms,
Unlock the secret in the tomes,
Go through the wooden doors of stone,
All the way to masters' throne,
Win the way past innocence then,
You may have freedom once again.
 
“Wooden doors of stone?” asked Lila confused. Youko shrugged then pocketed the key and note and led them through the door. Lila didn't have to use her fire for the next room because there were four windows across the bottom left side. They were about three feet tall and five feet long. The room so far was even more boring than the last…so they thought. Just then a red, lets call them frog demons, jumped from the shadows. It was two feet tall and jumped like a frog, only much further and faster. It was a medium shade of red. Its eyes were big and gold with just one big black slit, kind of like a cats, on each eye.
It jumped over, right onto Leslie. She let out a startled cry.
“Hey, get off of her!” yelled Kuroune. Then he punched the frog demon and sent it crashing into the window and through the glass right outside. Breathing hard he helped Leslie to her feet.
“Okay lets just…keep going,” she said still in a little shock.
They opened the door much easier than the one before. Youko, one again, stayed behind.
“What's the matter? Find another pointless key?” called Kuroune. Youko rolled his eyes and ran to catch up with his partner. They went through the next few rooms without any trouble. Until they came to another room. It was very big and empty except for a spiral staircase going down in the middle. They all ran down the stairs like little children. When they all reached the bottom…well, at least when Lila Kuroune reached the bottom, they all turned to see a gray colored demon that matched the what the ceiling and walls and floor looked like, was hanging upside-down. (Lets call it a hanger monster) It had grabbed Leslie by the neck and was hanging her like a rope.
She made gagging sounds as she struggled for breath. They all ran toward her and tugged as hard as they could while Kuroune cut the monsters hands off. Leslie fell onto the hard ground and, after slaying the hanger monster Kuroune knelt down beside her. He could see her throat was damaged and she would die before the moment passed. She reached a hand up and held Kuroune`s pendant.
“Don't loose this,” she said in a breathless voice. “That's advice from a good friend to a good friend. I have a feeling you'll need it.” She breathed for the last time and her hand slipped from the pendant. She laid there, quiet and still…dead. Kuroune didn't know what to think, he was so in shock and sadness. Lila broke into a waterfall of tears for her lost sister and even small tears could be seen in Youko, who has never been known to feel any emotion or care, eyes. He took out the note and realized. It was their destiny that was laid out on that paper. In the darkest of the night, They came here at night breaking of the dimmest light, was when Kuroune broke the window saving Leslie down the spiral road to Hell, when they went down the staircase The sacrifice that you can tell, Leslie was the sacrifice!
Where the first blood will be shed, Tiny drops of crimson red…
 
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: I would just like to say thanks to Drowned_in_light for helping me with some of the names. And I now know how to spell Kuroune! K-U-R-O-U-N-E! And if it's still spelled wrong it doesn't matter because I'm pretty sure by now you know who I'm talking about. I wasn't sure if I should make Leslie's death to sad or not so I made it medium leaning toward not sad. And there is the fact I can't write sad stuff very well. So, did you like this chapter? Reviews? Comments? Ideas? Advice? Flames? Please review and I'll be sure to read it. But remember, I really need reviews for this story because it's my first story and I'd like to see how I'm coming along. So if you don't mind just, please take you know, fifteen seconds out of your day to write me a review. Thanks, you're the best! Oh yah, It's called `the first blood' even though there is no blood because I thought it would be to obvious to call it `the first death' so ya know, don't be too mad at me for calling it that.