Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Clouded Memories ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15
Clouded Memories
 
 
Lila and her father stood silent.
“Lila, honey, what's wrong?” he asked gently. She closed here eyes and turned her head.
“Nothing.” She gazed down at the grass then at the hand he placed on her shoulder. She let out a startled gasp when his hand turned black around the edges and burn marks appeared all over them. She jumped back from him so they were a few feet away from each other.
“Lila, sweetie-pie, don't be afraid…” he started, then the skin all over his face suddenly showed burn scars and small bits of fire were scattered all over his torn cloths and skin. His eyeballs were somewhat melted and the left one was dripping down his cheek. He continued in a rasping voice,
“It's just me.” His shirt had suddenly became tatters and the sky was covered in dark clouds, she franticly turned to run when a horrible sight met her eyes, the cabin below them was on fire, burning and smoldering. Her father grabbed her from behind but she turned and delivered a punch to his stomach. Her hand sank right through his skin so when she pulled it out there was a big hole there, but no blood. She nearly screamed when the large hole somehow, well, sort of melted itself back together. She ran passed him into a forest near by. Her heart pounded and her legs throbbed but still she continued running. She could hear her father catching up. Branches whipped her face and arms but she paid no attention. Then she tripped on a fallen tree branch and sprawled across the forest floor, hitting her right shoulder hard on a sharp rock. She could feel the warm sticky liquid pouring from her arm, dying the grounds natural color to crimson. He opened her eyes to see her father glaring down at her. “Loyalty will kill you.”
 
“How did you survive?” asked Kuronue. Leslie's eyes filled with tears.
“I-I'm still a little shaken from what happened Kuronue. I don't think I'm ready to talk about it yet,” she said. He nodded in understanding.
“Lets go find the others, they will be so happy, I can't wait to see Lila's face light up!” said Kuronue smiling. Leslie was facing the other way when she said,
“There's just on problem about that, Kuronue,”
“What?” he asked. She turned, reveling that she was now transparent and smirking. “You're still alive.”
 
Youko stared in shock at the person in front of him. It was a young girl, looking around 16. She wore a knee-length white dress and no shoes. Her hair was tied in a messy bun by a black ribbon, she had two white fox ears perched at the top of her head, and her gold eyes sparkled
“Hey, Youko, I thought I'd never be seeing you again,” she said.
“Kayla? You're…alive? I-I thought you stabbed yourself!” Youko cried.
“Some farmer pulled me out of the water, he told me I almost died.
Ever since then I've dedicated my life to find you,” she said. She held up the dagger she used to attempt at suicide.
“But I'm not like that anymore,” she said throwing down the knife. “I no longer wish for my death. But, I do, however, wish for yours.” He gasped as she lunged at him but he easily dodged.
“I don't want to hurt you Kayla,” he said. She laughed evilly as her skin disappeared, she was now just a skeleton, her dress was in shreds and there were only small patches of silver hair left on her skull. A big purple worm crawled out of her empty eye socket and dropped to the ground. She grinned showing she was missing some teeth. He attacked her with Rose Whip but she remained unfazed.
“I'm already dead, Youko, I have been sentenced to Limbo, but I will take you down with me!” She punched him with her skeleton hand and he fell on the ground, next to the dagger, with a hard thud.
“Trust will kill you! That's why now you die!” she tried to attack him again but before she could he had jumped to his feet and stabbed her with the dagger. She sank to her knees and clutched her chest.
“H-how did you know the dagger would d-destroy me?” she asked the pain clear in her voice. He shrugged. Then she turned back to Kayla as a normal and alive demon.
“Come on Youko, do you remember me? Your sister? I can't get this knife out, please, help me!” He smirked at her attempt to get him to help her.
“Nice try.” With that he kicked her head off and turned back to find the door reappeared, he smiled and walked through, hoping the others had survived as well.