Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Mind Games ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16
Mind Games
 
 
Kuronue stared in shock.
“Leslie, what do you mean?” he asked, backing away. Leslie took another step towards him.
“Don't you get it Kuronue? Anybody who enters this castle is damned, by the time I figured that out it was too late. You see,” she continued slowly walking toward Kuronue who was backing up against the wall. “I've become a restless ghost, a spirit that can never leave the place it died, in my case, I can never leave this room. I'm forever trapped, only me and my sour thoughts of revenge, you didn't save me on time, you will pay for that.”
“Then why weren't you angry before you died?” challenged Kuronue.
“You idiot! I didn't know I was to be forever trapped here! But I won't have to worry long, as soon as I kill you I am free to leave.” She ran at Kuronue. He jumped out of her way and she hit the wall hard. She growled and ran at him again. He smiled and stepped a few feet back.
“Understanding will be the death of you.” She said.
All the sudden the monster that killed her swung down from the ceiling and hung her.
“Funny,” he said. “I heard in some cases, if a restless ghost attempts to get revenge they can't die, except, they are vulnerable to they way they already died.” Leslie paled as she realized her breath was being cut off. She tried to choke out an insult to him but was overtaken by the second death and disappeared. Kuronue shook his head sadly and walked through the door, which reappeared.
Lila sat straight up. She found herself in a small stone room. Behind her was a door ahead of her was a dead-end. She sighed if relief that it was all just a dream, she must have fell and became unconscious, for she was back in the room she first entered. She looked down at her arm and gasped when she saw there was blood smeared all over her shoulder, the wound was in the same place she slammed her arm into that rock. Breathing heavily, she raced through the door. Youko and Kuronue's faces greeted her.
“Lila, you're bleeding! What happened?!” demanded Youko.
“I…father…burn…ran…fell…woke up…” stuttered Lila.
“Calm down, and tell us what happened,” said Youko.
“I-I saw my dead f-father. H-he tried to kill me,” she said. “H-he said, `Loyalty will kill you.'
“I didn't know if I should tell you this but,” said Kuronue. “I saw Leslie, she said, `Understanding will be the death of you.'” They all turned to Youko.
“I saw…someone too, they said `Trust will kill you.'” It was quiet for a moment.
“So what's it mean?” asked Kuronue, breaking the silence.
“Friendship,” replied Lila. “Loyalty, Trust, and Understanding make friendship.” Youko raised an eyebrow.
“Friendship will kill you?” he asked.
“Of course!” cried Kuronue. “In the note it says `Unlock the secret in the tombs.' all of the people we met are already dead. The secret is `friendship will kill you.'” Silence filled the room as each one thought.
“But,” Lila spoke up. “Friendship is what got us this far.” They nodded and Youko said,
“We need to stick together, this maze may not have traps, but it can drive one off the edge of sanity.”
“Let's go through my door, I think we can get through if we all go together,” said Lila. The walked into the room to find a dead-end they pressed rocks and searched for trap doors for about an hour.
“Come on, lets try a different door, this one is empty,” said Kuronue as he and Lila started to leave, the stopped and turned when they heard a sliding sound. Youko had uncovered a sliding door.
“Welcome aboard, please fasten your seatbelts and keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times, Thanks you!” said Youko grinning. They laughed and walked inside the passage, little did they know, it was the last time they'd laugh for a long, long time…
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: Hey! Glad to be back! I'd like to thank all those who have written me and reviewed. Thanks! The letters and reviews have really fired me up, that's why I've been writing so much lately. Thanks again!