Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Dying Breath ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angel Of Forgotten Souls: I don't own YYH or `my last breath' or evanescence!
 
Chapter 18
Dying Breath
 
As they walked into the outside world they found it was snowing, light snowflakes fell on them. The snow was a few inches deep. They appeared to be in some sort of a courtyard, it was all just one big plain. Lila's heart raced, every beat echoing in her skull. Her face held a smile like a child on Christmas. She hugged Youko and Kuronue before racing out into the snow, she span around, not even noticing the cold. Youko gave Kuronue a `just- friends-non-gay hug'.
“Come on!” shouted Lila. “Lets go home!”
She pointed to a huge hole, separating them from the forest, with a long snow-covered stone bridge leading over it. She took her hair out of her ponytail and brushed it with her numb fingers. She then jumped onto the bridge and motioned for the others to follow. They started after her, but all three stopped in their tracks when they heard yells behind them. There were hundreds of demons running behind them, each wielding a weapon such as a knife or a pitchfork.
“Go!” yelled Youko, pushing his partner onto the bridge. They ran as fast as they could to the bridges end, where Lila was waiting. They were almost there when Kuronue's ruby pendant snapped. He stopped.
Don't lose this, that's advice, from a good friend to a good friend…
Kuronue began running back to where his pendant had fallen.
“Leave it Kuronue!” shouted Youko.
“I need it!” his partner yelled back. Kuronue found his pendant and picked it up. He was about to dash back when a sharpened bam-boo stick was thrown and stabbed through his ankle. He sharply gasped in pain as more sticks fell and stabbed his back and head multiple times.
“KURONUE!!!” screamed Youko in horror, Lila just stood in shock.
“Go without me and run Kurama!” his partner yelled before breathing his last breath. Youko returned to Lila, they ran into the forest in silence. As they stopped for breath Lila broke out in tears, she sobbed into his shirt thing. Youko's chest throbbed from the pain of sadness, he felt really sick all the sudden.
“Lila, you're bleeding!” he said suddenly. She looked up, her eyes still wet from the tears all through she stopped crying a few minutes ago. She fell to her knees and cried out in pain.
“When did this happen?” he asked, scared for her life.
“I-I don't know I was s-so about you and Kuronue that I didn't notice the pain or anything.” She fell face-first on the ground.
 
(// For this next scene I'm going to put a song to it [my last breath by evanescence]//)
 
//Hold on to me love
You know I can't stay long//
 
Youko knelt down by her, and placed her head in his lap.
“Lila?” he whispered. She smiled up at him.
 
//All I wanted to say was I love you and I'm not afraid
Can you hear me?
Can you feel me in your arms?//
 
“Don't fret,” she said. “At least my last few minutes will be with you.”
“No,” Youko whispered.
 
//Holding my last breath
safe inside myself
are all my thoughts of you
sweet raptured light it ends here tonight//
 
“Youko, it's the first snow, when I was a little girl my mother always told me that on the first snow, the angels were celebrating because somebody has found their true love. Youko, I think they're celebrating for us,” said Lila staring up at the gray sky.
 
//I'll miss the winter
a world of fragile things
look for me in the white forest
hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)//
 
She gave another weak smile and said,
“And soon I'll join them.”
 
// I know you hear me
I can taste it in your tears//
 
“Don't leave,” Youko whispered.
“I'll stay as long as I can.”
 
//holding my last breath
safe inside myself
are all my thoughts of you
sweet raptured light it ends here tonight//
 
Youko closed his eyes, hoping it was all just a dream and he would wake up to reality. But it wasn't, this was the reality.
 
//Closing your eyes to disappear
you pray your dreams will leave you here
but still you wake and know the truth
no one's there//
 
Lila gasped sharply as death took her over.
“No,” Youko whispered.
“I love you Youko,” she said with her last bit of strength.
“I love you too.”

//say goodnight
don't be afraid
calling me calling me as you fade to black//
 
“Good bye.” Youko felt sick again as his head span. Tears burned at the corner his eyes.
“I'll see you in the afterlife.”
Although she was bleeding all she could worry about was him, so now she lay dying as the snow turned red around her.
 
//holding my last breath
safe inside myself
are all my thoughts of you
sweet raptured light it ends here tonight//
 
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: Yah! Finally another chapter done! I wanted to put a song to this one because I thought it went perfectly. If you haven't already heard this song I suggest you get to it. Anyway, please review!