Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Friendship Resurrected ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 22
Friendship Resurrected
 
 
Youko gasped, startled, so he almost fell off the boat. He tuned at glared at me. I was laughing my head off. After I had caught my breath I walked over and stood by him, my palms resting on the edge of the ship.
“So, tell me, what's the King Of Thieves heading out to war for? Or do you just want cheap transportation?” I asked.
“Aren't you a little young for war?” he asked.
“Oh, I get it,” I said. “No personal questions right? And by they way I'm older than I look.” He shrugged. Well, I could see where he'd think that, my race ages really slow, so I only looked about 17 when I was really much older.
“So,” I said extending my hand. “I'm Riazen.” He didn't answer. “And you must be Youko,” I sighed. I figured I could get more of a conversation out of a wall. He didn't even acknowledge me, as if I wasn't even there. He was off in his own little world. After a few minutes he looked over at me. His golden eyes looked sad, dull, edged with anger, not at all like what you would expect from the great King Of Thieves.
“Okay,” I said, hoping to get something this time. “Let's start over, I'm Riazen…” I held out my hand. He shook it, his grip was firm and confident, and he would have fooled me, if it weren't for his eyes that kept betraying him. It was clear as glass he was in terrible pain.
“I'm Youko,” he said, his voice was like his handshake, but once again his eyes flashed sadness.
“So you gunna answer my question yet? What are you doin' goin' out to war?”
“I needed to get my mind off things,” he said. A day later the ship stopped at the town called `Hope Yet' instead of going straight to the battlefield because the ship was a little damaged by hitting a big underwater rock and they wanted the same ship to transport the survivors. But here was a storm coming up at `Weeping Child' so they couldn't send in another ship. Because the ship's gash was a little big it would take a month to fix it. So the soldiers went into apartments and hotels to stay until it was fixed. By, in my opinion, fate, Youko and I were staying in the same apartment, in the same room. (No, they do NOT love each other they are just friends)
At first we just talked a little, then we became more ofacquaintances, but after a while he opened up and told me his story, the story of which I'm telling you now, and I spoke of my past, but that's a story for another time. But the time we got back on the ship two months later (the damage was a little more serious than they thought) Youko was my best friend, we had so much in common and got along so well it was amazing. I'm sure he thought the same. We were like brothers. We talked as if we knew each other for years, no nervous laughter, no long uncomfortable silences.
“Hey, Riazen,” Youko said as we boarded the ship. “How much you wanna bet I can make that rookie piss his pants?” I laughed as Youko glared at a random demon, probably a high C class. He glared so hard that the demons face got sweaty and he started breathing really hard. Youko clasped a clawed hand on the freighted demons shoulder and the demon yelped in fright and hurried away. I laughed until my side hurt. As we stared out at the sun rising and reflecting beautiful blues, oranges, and pinks on the clear water. I sensed two strong, yet familiar aura's behind us, Youko must have sensed it too because his ears started to twitch. Then two fighters came up from behind us.
“We meet again,” said a low voice. They turned, ready to fight as two dark shadows approached them…
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: Please don't flame on the reason they spend two months in the town `Hope Yet', I know it's lame but I had to something to get them to trust each other. And I'd like to apologize to `Soar More_Fly Higher', she knows why.