Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Rock On Spirit Boys ❯ First Rehearsal ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Me:Sorry I haven't updated in almost ever.


Kurama:It hasn't been that long.


Me:TT.TT... Yes it has...


Kurama:-_-


Yusuke:-____-


Kuwabara:-__________-


Me:I think I get the point.


Hiei:Hn. Baka onna.


Me:[writing blackmail note][hands it to Hiei]


Hiei:0.0...[glares at me]Fine. What's the catch?


Me:[whispers in Hiei's ear]


Hiei:O.O... You have GOT to be kidding me...


Me:Just do it.


Hiei:After the break.


Me:fair enough.[looks at others]What?


Kurama:what exactly did you tell him?


Yusuke:Yea.


Me:You'll find out. I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Thank you and enjoy.


~Chapter 2~


"Lily? Lily, wake up,"Kurama's voice echoed through Lily's head.


"Is she okay?"Yusuke had sounded guilty that time.


"Hmph. Just our luck. The only one who knows where we'll be sleeping is knocked out because of the hallow headed detective,"that was obviously Hiei.


"Yeah, Urameshi. Why'd you have to smack her?"Kuwabara was clearly building the guilt on Yusuke's shoulders.


"I didn't mean it!"[A/N If you're dense enough not to figure it out, that was Yusuke]


"Probe her mind, Hiei. We've got to figure out what's going on,"Kurama said.


"Hmph. Fine,"Hiei took off his bandana and his jagan eyes glowed.


~Lily's dream~Hiei's POV~


There was a meadow with many flowers along the lining. The trees seemed to stretch atleast fourty feet tall. A little girl ran across the meadow and stopped at the center. Other kids entered from the other side. The girl leading had short, dark blue hair and big, brown eyes. The second one had long, pink hair and dazed, ocean blue eyes. The last girl had layered, orange hair and fierce, crimson eyes. The last two were twin boys. They each had bladed, short, dark brown hair and narrowed, glazed, dark green eyes.


"So, you give up, rookie?"The leader asked.


"I never give up, Yusaka,"that girl... that girl was Lily...


"Fine then. Where's the pheonix feather?"the pink haired one asked. What were they talking about? Pheonix feathers are impossible to find. Apparently, the others knew. They were laughing their heads off.


"Yeah!"Lily smiled. She held up a fire colored feather.


"WHAT?! Let me see that!"One of the twins stepped forward. Lily handed him the feather and he began to float."SHIT IT'S FOR REAL!"


"How the heck did you find it?"The orange haired girl approached Lily, suspiciously.


"There's mountain with a river that runs up. I thought it looked promising, so I climbed it and tried over there,"Lily grinned.


"Hmph. Fine, you're on the team. Welcome, Lily Sun Beam,"Yusaka put her arm around Lily's shoulder and they laughed together. Everybody comes to congraduate her, except the other twin. Everything starts spinning and I find myself looking in a room of some kind. There were a bunch of mirrors around.


"Lily, come out!"The same group of kids were standing in the room, their reflections on every mirror. They keep walking until their reflections don't show them. They show Lily.


"What do you want with me?!"Lily stepped out from between two mirrors. It was amazing she fit through that gap.


"We want you back on the team, Lily. What Kaiyosei did meant nothing!"I take it Yusaka was talking about one of the twins.


"It did mean something. Don't try to fool me and say it didn't,"Lily glared at Yusaka."He's the captain, isn't he? His word is rule."


"Listen, he didn't mean tha---"


"YES I DID!"Hmph. That must have been Kaiyosei.


"Kaiyosei... Don't take this too fa---"The pink haired girl got cut off.


"SHUT IT, KAZUMAHARA!"The pink haired girl closed her mouth. I wish that could work on Kuwabara.


"Why don't you shut up, Kaiyosei?"Lily crossed her arms.


"Listen here, you never belonged to this group. YOU WILL NEVER PROVE YOURSELF WORTHY OF ANYTHING! YOU'VE BEEN A WASTE ALL THIS TIME! AMAZING WE DIDN'T ABANDON YOU WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE!"His voice echoed throughout the halls of mirrors.


"SHUT UP! IF YOU ASK ME, YOU'RE JUST A WORTHLESS, ABANDONED, ORPHANED---"Lily had taken it beyond the line at that point. Kaiyosei grabbed her and smashed her into the mirrors.


"Nobody... mentions my... PARENTS!"Just as Lily was about to get up, Kaiyosei and his twin both double kicked her and all the mirrors behind her broke into pieces. The glass pinned her to the ground, making her bleed.


"She was never worth our time. Let's go,"Kaiyosei turned around and lead the way from the room, leaving Lily in a puddle of blood.


~End dream~Normal POV~


"Hmph. She's having nightmares,"Hiei tied his bandana back on. Kurama was staring at Lily.


"What about?"Yusuke asked. They were in the lobby of an American airport.


"People back-stabbing her, mirrors breaking, and blood. That's pretty much it,"Hiei looked down. She had such a peaceful face even though she was having a nightmare. Lily began to move and the others sat up. Her eyes opened, still hearing the ambulance sounds from her dream. She looked up and smiled at everyone. Smiling was her only medicine. Kurama saw it.


"Lily, are you alright?"Kuwabara really cut the silence there.


"I'm fine. Thanks for asking, Kuwabara,"Lily smiled sweetly and stood up. Kurama looked at the others with a concerned look and they nodded.


"So, Lily, you sure you okay?"Yusuke asked.


"I'm fine. Let's get to the house,"Lily began walking and the others shrugged and followed.


~20 minutes later~


"THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!???"Yusuke looked around at the luxurious house.


"There's a bowling room and an entertainment center in the basement, a training room on the fourth floor to your right, the bedrooms are upstairs, there's a green house in the backyard, a music room on the first floor, and some other things you guys will have to find out by yourself,"Lily gave each of the boys a keys to the house and walked in. Hiei cocked an eyebrow. Lily has changed since that time in her dream. Kurama followed Yusuke and Kuwabara.


~Five hours later~2:00 AM~


Kurama went to check on Lily in her room. He couldn't sleep with Yusuke and Kuwabara playing video games in the basement. He peeked in her room and smiled. Lily was layed on her bed. Her room's walls were black and most of everything was dark colored. Kurama thought Hiei's room would have been like this. Even her sheets were a dark blue. Kurama walked in and aproached her bed. He gently moved some stray strands of hair from her face and stared at her peaceful expression. He looked around and found a few pictures on Lily's drawers. One had her and a boy making peace signs at the camera. Lily looked happier than she was now. Kurama put down the picture and walked towards the window. A crescent moon was in the sky and he couldn't resist spacing out.


"The moon controls the ocean, did you know that?"Kurama turned around and saw Lily sitting up on her bed.


"I'm sorry, did I wake you?"Kurama asked.'She does look cute when she yawns, though.'


"No, I couldn't sleep,"Lily walked over to the window and gazed at the moon."I can never sleep under a crescent moon. It gives me too many memories, really."Kurama stared at Lily, but couldnt read her eyes. They were pretty empty compared to the others he's seen.


"What is it about crescent moons that make you nocturnal?"Kurama sat next to her.


"... band rehearsal begins tomorrow at noon, okay?"Lily smiled and started to walk to her bed. Kurama grabbed her wrist and she paused.


"Lily, there's something plaguing you, and as a friend, I need to know,"Kurama said. Lily turned around with her eyes fixed to the ground. She looked into Kurama's eyes and moved closer to him. Her face was but a few inches to his as she stroked his cheek with the back of her hand, moving strangs of hair from his face. Tippy toeing, she hugged Kurama and then gently removed his hand from hers.


"Another, day, Kurama. I promise,"Lily lead Kurama to the door and hugged him goodnight. When she had closed the door, Kurama sighed and headed towards his room, when suddenly, he trips on something. That something sent him flying backwards into the couch down the stairs.


"Ugh..."Kurama looked up and saw a pair of red orbs glaring at him. Apparently, he stepped on a tired Hiei that mistook him for an attacker.


"Hmph... I was aiming you towards the window,"Hiei jumped down and stared at Kurama.


"Hiei, you have to be here by noon if you're planning on leaving,"Kurama informed. Hiei glared at him.


"I come when I wish, Kurama,"Hiei disappeared. Kurama stared out the window. A storm was growing.


~Next Day~8:00AM~


"Aw yai wo[chews]ish vat Wiwy ixsch---"Yusuke was stuffing his face with food during breakfast.


"What?"Kurama stared at Yusuke's bloated cheeks.


"[Swallow] I said, all I knew was that Lily is our band manager, but I didn't know she could cook,"Yusuke stuffed his mouth with more food from the plates infront of him.. Kuwabara and Yusuke looked like they were having an eating contest - and Yusuke was winning.


"Hey..."Kuwabara looked around,"where's The Shrimp?"Kurama almost choked on his rice.


"Kuwabara, Hiei hasn't come back, yet?"Kurama asked.


"How would I know?"


"Because he said if he DID come back, then he's leave a sign on your wall that read "here lies the new future poop of Japan.""Yusuke fell off his chair, laughing and Kuwabara fumed. Kurama chuckled and stared at Kuwabara, as gulible as ever."I'm only kidding.[Looks at watch] Where IS Hiei?"


"Are you boys ready?"Lily entered the kitchen.


"Almost, Lily. Hiei hasn't come yet,"Kurama explained. Lily's eyes narrowed for a breif moment and returned to normal.


"I guess we probably have to start without him. All HE has to do is... remember the melody, the tempo, the lyrics, at which place is his cue, and how to work as a team player,"Lily sighed."Let's get to the music room,"Lily walked away and the others looked at eachother. They shrugged and followed her down the stairs.


The music room consisted of a few microphones, drum set, a few guitars, a a few bass guitars, a keyboard, some desks, wires, amps, a stage, and seats for an audience. Kurama walked over to the red guitar and picked it up. Engraved on the front was "Spirit Fox." He slightly chuckled and set the guitar down. Yusuke stared at a green bass labeled "Spirit Rebel." He grinned and picked it up. Yusuke hung it by the strap and strummed it. Kuwabara's drum set was labeled in gangster font-"SPIRIT BOYS."Kuwabara ran over and started drumming. Lily looked at the microphones, remembering the time she had disappointed her friends. Lily sighed and started to plug in the equiptment. She saw two hands helping her and turned around. Kurama smiled and she smiled back.


"Need help?"Kurama offered.


"It's okay, really. Thank you very much, Kurama, but I'm already done,"Lily smiled and turned around."Does everyone know how to read notes?"Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kurama nodded."Great! Then I guess I can trust you all to not have to right letters on the music sheets?"They nodded again. Lily handed out the music sheets to everyone and turned on the power. Providing stands for the paper, the boys sat down on some stools and got readdy for their cue.


"How do we know when to come in?"Kuwabara asked.


"It says it on the sheets. Listen to eachother. Well, in order for it to be easier, the singer has to be here,"Lily explained.


"Why don't you sing then?"Yusuke asked. Shadows covered Lily's eyes and Kurama's eyes saddened.


"Okay, then,"Lily smiled and got out her own music sheets. She looked at Kurama and their eyes met. She quickly diverted her eyes to Kuwabara and signaled him to start playing. Kuwabara looked at the notes and started drumming. Yusuke bobbed his head and joined in.[Please do NOT sopy this song. I copywrighted it already, so don't get any ideas]. Kurama tapped his foot and started strumming his guitar. The tempo started out slow and started to speed up. Lily grabbed the microphone and her bangs fell over her eyes again.

"The rain's my sorrow
Fire's my medicine
Hopin' to see tomorrow
If I dare to struggle again
Look up, I won't be there
Look down, I'm lyin' numb
There's too much pain to bear
More jus' seems ta' come..."

Yusuke sped up for the chorus of the song. He looked at Lily, but couldn't see her eyes. Kurama and Yusuke stopped about ten seconds for Kuwabara's drum solo. The lights came on and flashed on stage.

"I'M STRUGGLIN', just to rise again
BLEEDIN', this'll be my end
Damn right, gonna' lose ma' li-ife
No one's gonna' stop meh' no-ow"

Hiei entered the room and sat in one of the chairs. He watched how Lily moved, every one of her muscles moving with the music; how her heart beated with the tempo; the way her eyes gave the same emotion as the song. He couldn't see how people can live like that, so depressed and are just trying to hide and avoid the whole thing. He slightly lifted his bandana and his jagan glowed.

"Yeah... Yeah... You could see me suffr'in
Ya can't see it; 'den ya' goin blind
And now, and now, I'm...
TAKIN' 'DIS ETERNAL FA...AAL...AAL...A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL...

DAMN RIGHT

I'M STRUGGLIN', just to rise again
BLEEDIN', this'll be my end
Damn right, gonna' lose ma' li-ife
No one's gonna stop meh no-ow

Damn right... Yea-eah..."

Kurama's solo part came in. He slid to the edge of the stage and waved out his hair.

"Yea-eah... strugglin' losin' ai-ir..."

The song ended with the echoing of Kurama's guitar. Hiei covered his jagan, gathering just enough info to even fill HIS nightmares... For the rest of the month. Hiei got up from his chair and approached the stage. Lily jumped down.


"Where exactly were you?"Lily crossed her arms.


"Places,"Hiei stared at Lily. She smirked and his eyes widened. How did she know he had read her mind?


"Not really a good excuse, but I'll let it slide for now. You'll have to be at the next rehearsal, though,"Lily said.


"I can't guarantee anything,"Hiei simply turned away, trying to end the conversation where it was. Lily smiled sadly and hugged Hiei. His eyes widened on how warm she was.


"All I ask is that you'll try, okay?"Lily let go of Hiei and walked off."Lunch will be ready in a half an hour,"Lily called behind her.


"Hmph..."Hiei couldn't understand how humans were.


"Hiei, where were you?"Kurama asked.


"I was off places,"Hiei simply said."You'll never guess all the things I found out about her."


"I'd rather hear from her own lips. I'll go see if she need help with---"A high pitched scream was heard from the ground floor.


"LILY!"


~End chapter~


Me:Well, that took a while to update.SHOWWY!!!


Kurama:^_^"""


Yusuke:so what did you tell Hiei?


Me:Well... [looks at Hiei writing note]... You'll see.[takes note and ships it off in the mail]


[Fifteen minutes later]


Botan:[bursts through door]OH! HIEI![hugs Hiei]


Hiei:ONLY FOR TODAY!


Botan:[hugs harder]ok, ok!


Kurama:o.0


Me:They're dating for the rest of the day[mischievious grin]... and the night.


Hiei:[glares at me]You're sick.


Me:No I'm not.


Hiei:YOU WILL BE WHEN I GET THROUGH WITH YOU!!![lunges at me]


Me:EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!


Kurama:[sweatdrop]Anyways... Please R&R. Thank you. Ja ne!