Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Rose Dreams ❯ Sango Meets Isabella ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: Sango meets Isabella

A young woman wearing lavender hakamas and a white haori, with a stoic face, hair held back in a ponytail, and wool sandals holding a bow with an arrow knotched and ready focused on the location of a demon she had been chasing after. She heard a rustle in the bushes and out came the demon. It was a hideous, nasty looking demon and appeared to be half monkey half crow. It had a monkey's head and tail and the rest of its body was that of a crow. The young female looked disgusted at the demon as she released the arrow missing the demon as it dodged. She knotched two more arrows and shot for the demon's head and chest missing again. The demon laughed appearing before her with incrediable speed. Just as it was about to strike her with its tail it was hit with a giant hiraikotsu.

The girl looked down at the destroyed demon and then behind her. There stood a girl holding the hiraikotsu that had only moments ago destroyed the demon. The girl holding the hiraikotsu walked over and helded the other girl up. "I'm Sango, are you ok?" asked the girl with the hiraikotsu. "I'm fine, arigato for saving me, I'm Isabella. How can you even lift that thing?" she asked. "I'm a demon slayer, been one since I was about nine years old. I'm used to the weight of it." Sango replied. "I'm supposed to be the protector priestess of this village but I'm not very good at archery." said a saddened Isabella. A child around age eight ran over yelling. "Isabella come quick!" she yelled. Isabella and Sango rushed over to see what all the fuss was about. "What is it Satsuki?" Isabella asked. "There are three demons attacking the village. There are three warriors left, they need your help." exclaimed Satsuki as she looked at Sango. "You look familiar." she stated. "What do you mean?" Sango asked. "What's your name?" asked the child. "I'm Sango, and you're Satsuki correct?" asked Sango. Satsuki nodded and smiled. "You're the one who exterminated the Headman's manor." she exclaimed. Something clicked in Sango's head. "Satsuki, you've grown." she said looking at how the child had changed. The happy conversation was interupted by the screams of the villagers.

Sango put Satsuki on Kirara and she and Isabella ran off to help get rid of the demons. Sango killed numerous demons with hiraikotsu, while Isabella shot arrows. Isabella missed many of the demons. She only managed to destroy a few. Sango took out her katana and began fighting demons with both her hiraikotsu and her katana. While her hiraikotsu was spinning around to return to her she striked with her katana. Isabella managed to hit another few demons. Satsuki and some of the other children of the village protected by Kirara threw stones at the demons. Isabella managed to hit a lot of demons with her arrows once they were a bit slowed down by being hit with the stones.

A few hours after sundown and the battle Sango and Isabella decided to travel together since her sister had sent a letter saying she'd return to the village and become protector priestess. They set off the next morning, after having a quick breakfast. Isabella noticed Sango's eyes becoming teary and asked, "Are you alright?" "Yeah I'm fine." Sango replied turning her head and wiping her tears away quickly. She turned her head back around and smiled. Isabella wasn't convinced but decided not to push it.

Please Read and Review

Note: Final pairings decided Kagome/Youko/Kurama, Hiei/Sango, Kuronue/Isabella