Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Rose Dreams ❯ Reshattered Shikon no Tama ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5: Reshattered Jewel

Kagome had wandered off into the a forest quite far from Youko Kurama's estate. She was locked in a battle with Karamatsu and things were not looking good. Kagome shot an arrow at Karamatsu but missed yet again. 'He's so fast' she thought. Karamatsu appeared before Kagome and knocked her bow out of her hand. He pushed her back and she fell onto her back soon finding herself being choked by him. "Give me the jewel miko!" he yelled at her applying more pressure to her neck. Kagome kicked him off and grabbed her bow. She did a back flip and knotched an arrow shooting for Karamatsu's heart but Kagura appeared sent her Dance of the Dragon attack towards Kagome. This caused Kagome to lose her bow. Karamatsu waisted no time, he was instantly in front of Kagome. He made a deep cut from her right shoulder to her side on her. Kagome cried softly in pain. "Hand over the jewel and I might let you live miko." Karamatsu said. Kagome ignored her pain and got up. He grabbed her and took the jewel from her swallowing it. Kagome focused on him trying to stay conscious. She held out her hand making a gun position. Her index finger began to glow a soft silver color. Kagome smirked. "Karamatsu. Here's a gift from me to you." she told him. "Spirit Gun." she called and a blast of silver energy flew from her finger striking Karamatsu in his chest. He desintigrated and that was followed by a huge explosion of light. Kagome gasped. 'The Shikon no Tama, its shattered again.' she thought. She watched Kagura pull a feather from her hair and leave. That was the last thing her senses collected before she fell into unconsciousness.

Meanwhile Sango and Isabella were fighting a hord of demons. They had just finished taking them down when an explosion of light caught their eyes. Sango looked up in shock. Isabella wondered what had caused the explosion. Sango sighed. "The Shikon no Tama, has been reshattered." she said just above a whisper but Isabella heard. "Is that bad Sango-chan?" she asked. "It could be. Come on Isabella lets be own our way." Sango replied and they rode off on Kirara back to Kaede's village. On the way Sango was deep in thought wondering many things. 'Were those demons all headed towards the jewel? Did they sense that this would occur?' she continued to rack her brain trying to figure out an explanation.

Meanwhile Youko and Hiei had set off to find Kagome. Youko stopped momentarily. Hiei looked at him confused. "What's the matter fox?" he asked. "I smell blood. Her blood." Youko said with evident anger in his voice. "Hn. So the fox is interested in a ningen miko now?" Hiei mocked. Youko glared. Hiei just gave him a glare in return before making it evident that they weren't out to argue but to find Kagome; And find her they did, Youko now carried Kagome bridal style back to his domain. "Fox let me take her I'm faster." Hiei told him. Youko only ignored him. "You should just admit it to yourself you're falling for her like a ton of bricks." Hiei stated knowing it would annoy Youko. Youko sent Hiei a death glare only to have Hiei return it with his own. He snorted as if stating disgust. "She's nothing but a stupid mortal." he said before quickening his pace. Hiei couldn't help the small knowing smile that tugged at his lips and sped up enough to keep some distance between Youko and himself thinking it best to give him as much alone time with Kagome as possible, after all he might just end up realizing what was obviously there.