Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ruler of Makai ❯ Fighting Encounter Pt.II ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fighting Encounter Pt.II
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
 
On the battle field…
 
A huge energy ball was coming towards Phoenix, but he only stood still and closed his eyes.
 
“What the hell is he doing,” Yusuke thought, “If that guy doesn't block or at least dodge it he'll be killed!
 
“Is that guy crazy?! Why isn't he dodging or blocking?” Kuwabara exclaimed.
 
Shizuru looked at Kuwabara like he was an idiot. “He obviously has a plan if he's not going to do anything.” She said in a bored tone.
 
“If he is like anything like Shadow, then he's going to pull out his weapon anytime now.” Kurama replied.
 
Boton looked at Kurama and asked, “But will it be able to block such an enormous energy attack?”
 
Hiei sighed and said, “It won't necessarily have to block the energy, but just merely deflect it.”
 
At this Genkai nodded her head and agreed.
 
Now at this point Phoenix materialized a red metal glaive. He grabbed it and held it in front of him. When the energy came close enough, he concentrated his energy into the weapon and deflected it to the side of his head. Yusuke's mouth gaped open when he saw this. His energy attack blew up a good portion of the forest instead of his opponent. Phoenix was still standing in the same spot and was still smiling.
 
“I'm still waiting for your so called powers to confront. Why don't you transform into the Mazaku, then maybe you'll be able to beat me.” Phoenix said with a snicker.
 
“Crap, Urameshi is in deep shit. He needs to power up or else he'll lose.” Kuwabara said.
 
Genkai looked at Kuwabara. “Don't worry he'll use it soon. If you look closer he's slowly gathering his energy to change.” She said.
 
“She's right, Kuwabara. It takes quite a bit of energy to change into a full demon form.” Kurama said as he thought about how much energy he required just to transform into Youko.
 
Hiei just looked at them and replied, “Well, the detective better transform quick because Phoenix looks like he's ready to attack.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
On Vixen's side…
 
Violet looked at Vixen and asked, “What do you think of the situation right now?”
 
Vixen looked from Phoenix to Yusuke. She thought about the possibilities of Yusuke actually winning. “My guess is that if Yusuke manages to transform Phoenix is going to have to fight a little harder. Yusuke's movement is hard to predict when he is in demon form.” Vixen said to Violet.
 
At that moment Violet was a little worried for Phoenix. She hoped that he wouldn't be too injured when he was done. She abruptly turned her attention back to the fight when she suddenly felt an enormous amount of energy was released. There stood before everyone's eyes was Yusuke in his full glory.
 
“Hmm, so that's what Yusuke looks like. He looks rather rugged, but he does have a little similarity with Raizen.” Hunter stated as he emerged form the shadows.
 
“Greetings, Hunter, I didn't think you would come out here for such a trivial trail.” Vixen said as she and the others bowed.
 
“Well, you can say I got bored staying in the lair so I had to find some entertainment.” Hunter replied with a twinkle in his eyes.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
With Kurama and Hiei…
 
The arrival of another opponent didn't go unnoticed by Hiei and Kurama. “Fox, what do you make of our situation, right now?” Hiei asked telepathically. “I don't know. Even with Yusuke at this level I still don't think it's enough.” Kurama thought in a serious tone.
 
The both of them then drew their attention back to the fight at hand and hoped that at least Yusuke would be victorious. At the moment that chance was getting smaller and smaller at each passing second.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Back to the fight…
 
Yusuke was tired of waiting and charged at Phoenix. Phoenix anticipated this. He tossed his weapon to the side and also charged head on. The both of them met in the middle of the field, locked hands, and proceeded to fight for dominance. Their aura had such a violent clash that they were creating a crater around where they stood. They stood like that for 5 minutes till Phoenix pulled Yusuke forward, to make him lose his balance, and tried to kick him in the side. When Phoenix swung his leg Yusuke released his hand lock, jumped, and did a back flip in the air. As he was slowly descending he gathered his remaining energy and shot a spirit gun, that was twice the size of his last, at Phoenix. Phoenix didn't anticipate this. He made a mad dash for his glaive hoping to reach it in time. Phoenix was able to grab it at the last minute and sliced the energy ball so that it went to the sides of his head. The energy blast flew into the trees behind him which caused debris to fly everywhere. Because Yusuke was covering his eyes from the debris he didn't see the blur that was coming towards him. But when Yusuke did finally notice it, it was too late. Right before his eyes Phoenix appeared and slashed him across his chest. Yusuke jumped back, but there was proof to his lost. Across his chest was a crimson line.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hunter and Vixen…
 
“That was an excellent battle. I must say Yusuke still has the potential to become stronger, only if he takes our training. What do you think, Vixen?” Hunter asked her.
 
Before she answered she took down the barrier so that both combatants could return to their teams. “I agree, but I'm not sure if his pride will stand for it.” She replied with a smirk.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
On Yusuke's side…
 
“Damn it, how could he have dodged my spirit gun?!” Yusuke said with rage in his voice.
 
Genkai looked at Yusuke and sighed. “Calm down dim-wit. You weren't the only one who lost. Remember Hiei got a little ahead of himself and also lost.” She said as she pointed her thumb at him.
 
When Yusuke and Hiei heard this, the both of them sent a glare at her, but she ignored it. “Um, Genkai I don't think it's a good time to piss them off right now.” Shizuru said as she felt her sweat drop.
 
Boton looked at Kurama and asked, “Kurama, do you think you can handle, Kitsune?”
 
“I honestly don't know. As I was watching the battle, both opponents were only playing with Yusuke and Hiei. They weren't even trying.” Kurama replied honestly.
 
As Kurama was talking Kuwabara saw Yukina gazing off into the other team. “Hey, Yukina, is something the matter?” Kuwabara asked her.
 
At the sound of her name she turned around and gave a soft smile to Kuwabara. At that Kuwabara blushed. “I'm sorry did you need something?” She asked.
 
“Yeah, what's on your mind? Ever since you came here you've been dazing off, and especially over there at our enemy.” Shizuru said in a worried tone.
 
Everyone's attention was suddenly directed towards Yukina. Yukina sighed and shifted nervously under their intense gaze. “It's just that I feel a familiar aura over there. It's coming from one of them, but I can't figure out who it is and who they are.” Yukina replied in a depressed tone.
 
Hiei looked at his sister. He thought about what she said, and looked over at the opponents. He tried to analyze their auras, but still didn't sense any familiarity among them so he just shrugged his shoulders and turned away.
 
“Hmm, I feel it to, but I can't figure it out either.” Kurama said. “I know what you mean, Shuichi. It has been bothering me for a while, too.” Youko said. “Do you have a guess whoit might be coming from?” Shuichi asked. “It can't be any of the males so it must be coming from the females…” Youko said.
 
“Hey, Kurama, get your ass to the field and beat that last guy to a bloody pulp!” Yusuke yelled as he broke off Youko and Kurama's train of thought.
 
Kurama glared at Yusuke and Youko was growling in his mind. Kurama gave a straight look at Yusuke and replied, “Yusuke, there is no need to shout. Just because you lost doesn't mean you can take your frustration out on me.” Kurama walked to the field preparing mentally for the fight.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Vixen's side…
 
“Are you alright, Phoenix?” Violet asked in a worried tone as she walked up to him.
 
Phoenix looked at Violet and gave her a small smile. “I'm fine. I just need to heal a bit that's all.” Phoenix said as he put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.
 
“They're starting to figure out who you are, Vixen.” Hunter said.
 
Kitsune looked at her and asked, “Do you think they'll figure it out?”
 
“They will figure it out sooner or later, but let's have it more of later than sooner.” Vixen said as she manipulated her aura to give off a more malicious feel. “Kitsune, it's your turn, and lets make this quick so we can leave.” She told him.
 
“Yeah, I don't want to stay here any longer.” Mist said in an agitated voice. Shadow saw that she was rather restless because she wasn't able to participate in the action. He walked up behind her and embraced her to calm her nerves. So far it was working.
 
“You want to go? Alright then, give me 10 minutes then we're out of here.” Kitsune said in a smug confident voice. At that all the guys chuckled, but one thing went through the girls' head, “Males and their egos.”
 
Kitsune took off his cloak and handed to Vixen, which she took and held on to. There stood, to Yusuke team's shock, stood a Youko Kurama look-a-like. The only difference was that Kitsune had longer hair that was pulled back into a low ponytail on the side, and instead of having fox ears he had pointed ears on the side of his head. He's clothing was also pretty much the same as Youko's too, but only with the addition of an undistinguishable weapon strapped to his side.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In the middle of the field…
 
Kurama and Kitsune slowly walked to each other. When they finally met face to face Kitsune gave a smug grin while Kurama narrowed his eyes. When Vixen saw that they were ready she raised the barrier, and Hunter waited for the 10 minute show down.
 
As soon as the barrier was up Kitsune wasted no time on a frontal assault. He quickly pulled out his weapon which was a Ragnorak, a triangular blade that separated into three connected blades and has a hand hole so his hand can have a firm grip, and sent cuts after cuts toward the surprisingly unprepared Kurama. Kitsune continued to slash at Kurama. Kurama was barely dodging them in time and some of his clothing already had cuts in them. Kurama jumped back and pulled out his rose whip with a loud crack n the air. Kurama whipped his weapon to hit Kitsune on all of is sides, but Kitsune was one step ahead of him. When Kurama sent the whip at him, Kitsune spun around so fast with his Ragnorak on the outside that he slashed the whip into chunks. Kitsune halted his attack and grinned directly at Kurama.
 
“Hey, Kitsune, you got 5 minutes left.” Hunter shouted over to them.
 
“Yeah, hurry it up, show-off.” Shadow added in.
 
“Alright then, since my comrades are so eager to leave how about we make this our final stand off?” Kitsune asked Kurama.
 
Kurama looked at him and agreed. They jumped back some distance. “On my signal we'll finish this once and for all.” Kurama instructed Kitsune. Kitsune just nodded is head.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Yusuke's side…
 
“What are they doing, Hiei?” Boton asked.
 
Hiei looked at her like she was an idiot and replied, “They're deciding this match with a final move.”
 
When Hiei said this everyone's attention was focused on Kurama hoping that he would at least be able to bring one victory to their team.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Back to the show down…
 
In a split second Kurama pulled out another whip and the both of them charged at each other. Kurama swung the whip low intending to wind it around Kitsune's leg, but Kitsune jumped over Kurama's head and with a lightening strike slashed at Kurama. When Kitsune struck, some strand of Kurama's hair fell. The both of them ended on the opposite side of the field with their back facing each other. A couple of seconds past everyone held their breath. Then Kurama felts some liquid was on his neck and instantly know he lost. The barrier suddenly came down and Kitsune returned to his team.
 
Hunter then stepped forward in front of Yusuke's team. “I must say that was a very interesting outcome, but we will be seeing you again. Till then farewell, and tell Raizen that Akimotto sends his greetings.” Hunter told Yusuke.
 
“What do you mean say hi to the old man? Hey, get back here I'm not through with you!” Yusuke yelled as he ran after them, but they were already melting into the shadows.
 
The last one to leave was Vixen. As Yusuke was running towards her she put up a barrier so he wouldn't cross. “Like, we said earlier since you lost you'll be seeing us very soon.” Vixen said.
 
She turned around intending to leave, but stopped when Yukina shouted, “Wait! You're the one Keiko warned us about aren't you? Who are you and what have you done with her?”
 
“We have no name, but serve under our king. I have no clue of this Keiko you speak of, and if she did give you a warning. I suggest you heed whatever she said.” Vixen answered without turning around.
 
“I'm not asking about your group. I'm asking who you are. Why do I feel like I know you?” She asked desperately.
 
Still with her back facing them as she walked into the night and replied, “Perhaps you do or perhaps you don't, my name is Vixen. All shall be revealed in due time.” With that she disappeared.
 
When she left everyone was quiet and thinking about what she told them, especially, Yukina. Before Kuwabara could pull his macho stunt, Shizuru went up to Yukina and gave her a hug. When Yukina felt Shizuru hugging her she cried a few tears and Boton picked them up with a sad smile and gave them to her. On the inside Hiei was seething at Vixen because of the way she treated his sister. He promised himself he would get even with her for Yukina.
 
At that moment a huge gust of wind came up to them. When the wind died down there stood Chu, Rinku, Touya, Jin, Suzuka, and Shishiwakamaru.
 
“Where the hell have you been, Yusuke?” Chu asked him in a booming voice.
 
Yusuke glared at the group and replied, “We were here the whole time.”
 
“You couldn't have been. We checked this area like 10 times and you weren't here, but then poof all of sudden you're here.” Jin said.
 
Kurama and the others looked at them confused. “What do you mean you looked here several times, and why are you out here?” Kurama asked.
 
Touya answered for them, “We were sent by the kings to find you when Raizen felt Yusuke's energy unexpectedly. He instructed us to find you in this forest, but when we arrived about 15 minutes ago we didn't feel your energy. We searched this forest about 10 times like Jin said, and all of a sudden you were here.”
 
Hiei looked at Kurama. “They must be extremely strong if they were able to completely hide us like that.” Hiei stated. At that Kurama agreed.
 
“Um, sorry to butt in, but you mind telling us what's going on?” Rinku and Suzuka asked at the same time.
 
“No time, lets head back to my old man's place.” Yusuke said quickly as he sprinted off. Every body else followed and whoever couldn't keep had to hitch a ride. ^_~
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Still in the field after they left…
 
As soon as everyone left, a lone figure stepped into the field where Yukina stood. It picked up a tear gem which Boton had missed. The figure held it to its heart and let a single tear trail down its face and dropped on the tear gem. When the tear came in contact with the gem the gem suddenly gave a light glow.