Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ruler of Makai ❯ Secrets Revealed ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Secrets Told
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Raizen's Palace…
 
5, 4, 3, 2, 1….
 
“RAIZEN, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!? WHEN I FIND YOU I'M GONNA FUCKING KICK YOUR ASS!” Yusuke roared as he threw the doors open. The threat rang through out the palace and scared all of the servants into hiding.
 
Unfortunately for Yusuke, Raizen was tired of him shouting all the time. He decided it was time for him to show Yusuke his place. When Raizen heard Yusuke's threat he raced out from his studies to where Yusuke was, grabbed his neck, and held him a foot above the ground. Kurama was rubbing his temples as felt a headache coming, Hiei was just staring at the both of them, and the rest of the gang, besides Genkai, was scared witless. To tell you the truth Raizen was having fun watching Yusuke choke, but when he noticed who was standing behind Yusuke he abruptly let go of him. Before Kuwabara or Yusuke could say a word Raizen called Hokushin.
 
When Hokushin appeared he knelt down and said, “Yes, my lord?”
 
“Take Yusuke's guest to their chambers, and alert the other servants that if any harm should befall upon them then the culprit will pay with his life.” Raizen commanded.
 
When the others heard this they knew this Raizen wasn't someone to fool around with. Which brought up the question how did Yusuke last this long? Hokushin bowed at Raizen and proceeded to escort the girls to their quarters. Kuwabara chose to stay to see what was going on. While the girls were leaving Yomi and Mukuro were entering the scene.
 
“Now, Yusuke what are you yelling about this time.” Raizen asked while holding back his rage.
 
Since Yusuke was still trying to catch his precious air, Kurama decided to answer for him. “Lord Raizen, please excuse Yusuke's foul behavior, but we ran into some trouble while returning to Makai.” Kurama started out.
 
“We had some challengers that we fought, but…” Hiei left it hanging since Yusuke, Kurama, and himself were too ashamed to finish.
 
The three kings waited to hear what happened, but since they weren't going to tell, Kuwabara decided to finish it for them. “They lost against them, and so that's why Urameshi's pretty edgy.”
 
The kings' couldn't believe what they heard. Their heirs lost to some random demons? There was going to be hell to pay.
 
“Who were these demons that so called beat you?” Mukuro asked them with venom dripping in her voice.
 
Yusuke got up and stared straight at Raizen. “Well, let me see. This guy name Akimotto told me to say hi to you for him.” Yusuke spat out the name as if it had a bad taste.
 
Yomi and Mukuro looked at Raizen and raised their eyebrows. At the sound of Akimotto's name Raizen stiffened and let out a growl. He said something in a gruff voice that sounded like, “Follow me” so all of them followed him in silence down the corridors of the palace. The atmosphere was so tense that Kuwabara thought it would be a good idea to keep his mouth shut for now. They were led into Raizen study which opened on its own accord and closed once everyone was inside.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Back in the lair…
 
“He's going to tell them now.” Hunter suddenly said.
 
Vixen had just sent the rest of the group to finish the preparation for the performances. She turned and looked at him with question in her eyes.
 
“How do you know, Akimotto?” Vixen asked. She would usually only say his name in private because it was her way of showing him affection.
 
Hunter sighed and replied, “I can feel his tension and nervousness. It's because of our bond as twins.”
 
“I see, Akimotto do you really want to overthrow Raizen?” She asked. Vixen already knew the answer, but she had to hear it from him to dispel her uncertainty.
 
“Vixen, you know me better than the others. You know that I never wanted to rule anything. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm preparing them for the final battle that will decide Makai's fate. We both know my time is short.” Hunter said as he walked closer to Vixen that they were face-to-face.
 
“I know,” she said with tears shining in her eyes, “but I can transfer some of my energy into your body. Why won't you let me do this for you?” Vixen asked with sadness in her voice.
 
“I can't let you do that because then you'll be wasting your life away. I know that if you do this for me I'll come to depend on it. Every time you give me your energy you're shortening your own life. I care too much for you as a daughter to put such a burden on you. Vixen you are my heir even if you are adopted. You suffered, killed, and gave up so much that you were never able to find happiness.” Hunter replied as he gently touched her face.
 
“I don't care if I die! You were the first person to show me kindness and you taught me how to love. It's the least I could do to repay you. I can't bear the thought of you leaving me.” Vixen said as she clutched his shirt and cried into his chest.
 
Even though Vixen couldn't see it, Hunter gave a small smile as he pulled back her hood and began combing his fingers gently through her hair to calm her down. When she did finally calmed down Hunter pulled her back till she was looking into his eyes. “Vixen, you must promise me that when my time comes you must not interfere or follow me.” Hunter commanded her in a serious tone.
 
Vixen's eyes widened at this. It felt like an eternity before she nodded her head, but Hunter wasn't satisfied with this. “No, I must hear you say it, Vixen, promise me!” Hunter once again said in a firm tone.
 
“I promise.” Vixen said slowly with her eyes fixed to the ground.
 
This was how the rest of the group found them. It didn't take them long to figure out what was going on. They knew this was coming up sooner or later. The silence was unnerving so Violet decided to break it.
 
“Vixen, my lord, we are done with the preparation. Shall we be leaving now?” Violet asked.
 
“Yes, it's best if we leave now if we don't want to be late.” Hunter replied as he walked past them to lead them out.
 
When Hunter left, the guys followed him out first to leave the girls some privacy. When the guys were gone Violet and Mist went up to Vixen and gave her a group hug which she returned. They didn't need words to express themselves just looking into their eyes they could communicate with each other. Vixen smiled back and put her hood back on. Then she and the girls left the lair and caught up with the guys.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Raizen's study…
 
Once everyone was inside and the door closed so that no one could hear them everybody took a seat at the table. Raizen sat at the head with Yusuke sitting at his right hand with Kuwabara. Yomi and Mukuro with Kurama and Hiei sat at Raizen's left. Raizen pinched the bridge of his nose while he was thinking about where to start.
 
“We're waiting old man.” Yusuke said with impatience lacing his voice as he annoyingly tapped his fingers on the wooden table.
 
Raizen let out a pent up sigh. “Akimotto,” he said slowly, “is my older twin brother.” Everybody eyes widen at this information and Yusuke's mouth gaped open. Before Yusuke could even utter a word Raizen continued. “Even at childhood we had been rivals competing to see who was stronger.” Raizen said.
 
“Well, that would explain why he would want to over throw you.” Mukuro said as Yomi nodded his head.
 
“Maybe, but he never wanted power. As I was cruel in my youth he was a kind person and never sought to harm life unless it was necessary. We would think that since he is “soft” he would be weak, but I assure you he's not. I tell you this though; Akimotto is stronger than the three of us combined,” he said as he looked over to Yomi and Mukuro, “The one particular thing is that, like I needed human flesh to survive he needed to do the same, but never once in his life has he tasted the flesh of men.”
 
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up you mean he never ate humans and he's stronger than the three of you?!” Yusuke asked with surprise evident in his voice.
 
“So that must prove the point that eating humans won't increase your strength.” Kurama said as he looked at the kings.
 
“What, you mean to tell us here is that he has never eaten and managed to stay alive for this long? How is that possible?” Yomi asked.
 
“Unless he is taking energy or consuming a different source of food some how I should think it's possible for him to keep himself alive.” Mukuro answered.
 
Kurama thought about that possibility and agreed. “What do you think Youko?” Shuichi asked his counterpart. “I agree, unlike Raizen, since this Akimotto never tasted humans he wouldn't need to depend on them, but still…” Youko left hanging. “Yes, go on.” Shuichi insisted. “Shouldn't his strength be decreasing? To me it sounds like he's getting stronger everyday.” Youko stated. Kurama eyebrows furrowed together thinking about what he said. Youko was right. Why was Akimotto's strength not squandering.
 
Hiei saw that Kurama was having a conversation with Youko and decided to interrupt them. “What's going on in that head of yours, fox?” Hiei asked.
 
Everyone's attention turned to Kurama. “Raizen, if I may ask why isn't Akimotto's strength weakening?” Kurama questioned.
 
“That I don't know. Still I would say that there was something wrong with him if he has issued an heir.” Raizen replied.
 
Kuwabara not being able to keep quiet any longer asked, “Do you know anything about this guy since Yusuke, Kurama, or Hiei might have fought him, but then there were a bunch of them?”
 
“Them? How many were there to challenge you three, Hiei?” Mukuro asked him.
 
Hiei sent a glare at Kuwabara for bringing up the memory of their defeat. “There were a total of seven. They consisted of four males and three females.” He answered.
 
“Did they by any chance mention their name?” Yomi asked.
 
Yusuke grunted. “Yeah, the guys were Hunter, Shadow, Phoenix, and Kitsune.” He replied.
 
“Also one of the female's names was Vixen. The other two didn't give us theirs.” Kurama added in.
 
Raizen thought about this for a while. “Akimotto has gone by the name Hunter. If I gathered my sources together correctly his heir is a female not a male.” Raizen told them.
 
All the guys in the room were shocked, but Mukuro just smirked at them. “Why would he make his heir a mere woman?” Yomi asked with a scuff.
 
“I wouldn't take it too lightly, Yomi. She is quite mysterious. Nothing is known about her and she always hides her appearance. If Akimotto has chosen her, then she must have a lot of potential and strength. Then most likely it would be Vixen since she was bold enough to tell you her name.” Raizen said in a grave voice.
 
At that moment a huge growl erupted. For a moment everyone was silent, and then all of their gazes were slowly directed to the red-faced human who was clutching his stomach. Yusuke burst out laughing while hitting the table with his fist, Hiei snickered, Kurama shook his head and gave a light laugh, and the three kings had a look of general amusement written on their faces.
 
“Hey, some of us got to eat ya know. With all of the excitement going on it's making me hungry.” Kuwabara said indignantly as he gave a huff.
 
“Sure, Kuwabara, whatever you say.” Yusuke said as he wiped a tear from his eye. “How about it old man?” He asked.
 
“That's fine with me. We can all be excused to get ready for lunch.” Raizen answered as he gave a light chuckle.
 
Everybody rose and slowly made for the door. Each of them went to their own guest chamber to freshen up except for Kuwabara who needed Yusuke's help navigating around the gigantic palace. When everyone left Raizen turned to face out a window that was in his study.
 
“What are you planning now, Akimotto?” Raizen thought.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kurama's room…­^_~
 
Kurama opened his bedroom chamber and entered it. He took off his school jacket and hung it over a chair. He then walked over to the opposite chair and sat down. Kurama stretched his legs out and brought up his hands to rub against his face.
 
“Well, that was rather humiliating. Imagine the greatest thief of Makai having to lose in such a pathetic wayand not only that, but having to admit it in front of a former comrade.” Youko raved on about. “Youko just shut up for a moment please.” Shuichi all but said. “Fine then, shall we talk about our new findings on this?” Youko asked with a huff. “Considering what Lord Raizen said I would say Akimotto and his team could be a potential threat. Is this what Keiko meant? I can't help, but think there was more to the warning than this.” Shuichi wondered. “Are we thinking about Keiko again? I must say you are certainly obsessed with her aren't you? Speaking of her, don't you think the way that Vixen women we met earlier had a strikingly similar air about her like Keiko?” Youko asked. Shuichi thought about this. Youko was right the voice, way she talks, and height are about the same. “It can't be her. Remember, she is only a human after all.” Shuichi answered. “That's what we thought about Yusuke, and look what he turned out to be.” Youko replied with confidence. “Besides I like the idea of them being the same person.” Youko added with smugness in his voice. “Why do I get the feeling I know where this conversation is turning to?” Shuichi said in exasperation. “What? I was hoping she would be a good fighter…………..especially in private.” The fox spirit said trying to sound innocent until the last part. “And, I was right. Don't you ever think about anything else besidessex?” The human side said as he sighed. “Humph, fine then I guess I just won't talk anymore then!” Youko snappedas he cut off their mind link. “Youko, Youko?” Shuichi called out, but go no reply.
 
Kurama just stood up and shrugged his shoulders. He proceeded to go change his clothes. Kurama took off his shirt and tossed it on to the bed. His upper body was well-toned. His muscle stood out, but wasn't bulging out like those disgusting figures of body builders. There were no scars whatsoever from any previous battles he had engaged in. The sun light within the room reflected off his skin so that it gave off a little glow. Kurama walked up to a mirror that was on the right side of the room. He looked at his reflection particularly at his neck where Kitsune cut him. The slash was already healed so that there wasn't evidence that his neck was ever touched. All of a sudden Kurama's lean form stiffened. He turned around and faced his room.
 
“If you're done admiring the view I suggest you show yourself.” He commanded in a dangerous voice, but got no reply. He waited a couple of minutes, but nothing happened. Kurama suddenly felt a light touch on his shoulder and abruptly turned around to face the perpetrator, but no one was there. A soft breeze fluttered against his frame, and then the strange aura disappeared. Kurama quickly looked around the room to see if anything was out of place, but everything seemed normal enough. Deciding his peeping-tom was gone he quickly changed. Before he left he scanned the chamber one last time, and silently closed the door.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In the shadow…
 
Vixen just looked at Kurama as he left. She then looked at her hand where she had touched him. She practically could still feel the tingling in it. Just staring at him removing his shirt was making her excited. Vixen wanted nothing more than to go up behind him and run her hands all over his deliciously sculpted body, but she had to refrain herself from doing such actions. Her excitement caused her presence to be known, but she didn't care. She left so he could finish changing much to her disappointment, but not before getting a feel for him. She returned to the room once he was done. When he left, some naughty thoughts were coming into her head which caused her to laugh to herself. Poor Kurama, only if he knew what she was thinking.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Dining room…
 
Kurama entered the dining hall to find that Raizen, Yomi, and Mukuro with Hiei had already seated themselves. He took his place on the right of Yomi. From what Kurama could catch they were discussing the laid out plans for the ceremony. Kurama looked over to Hiei who looked like he was about ready to kill someone. Kurama kept silent as he was trying to figure out who was spying on him. He had no doubt it was a female because of her smell which consisted of lavender and lilacs. He felt Youko stirring through the link, but not wanting to hear any of Youko's insinuation he quickly erased his train of thought.
 
The door was suddenly jerked open. In walked Yusuke, Kuwabara, and the girls. Yusuke was late because he had to go get the others since they didn't know where to go. By the look of things the girls were giving the guys a hard time. Kurama could tell because the girls were giggling and Yusuke and Kuwabara had veins popping out of their heads. All of them sat down on Yusuke's side, and servants brought in the food.
 
They ate and talked casually about random things. Most of the questions consisted of how old, what type of demon, occupation, and meetings. They talked a little about what was going to happen tomorrow during the ceremony. Raizen told them that the gathering was the beginning, afterward they will be justifying the claim of their heirs, then dinner will be served, and when that was done some entertainment will be held.
 
Just then a question popped into Kuwabara's head. “Um, Yukina did you manage to find your brother, yet?” He asked.
 
Everyone grew extremely quiet. It was so quiet that the only thing you could hear was their breathing. Hiei slowly adverted his eyes from Yukina pretending not to care, but inside he was cursing that baka to the very pit of hell.
 
Yukina let out a long sigh. “Well, I'm still searching for him, but I get the feeling he doesn't want me to know who or where he is.” She said. Everyone, besides Kuwabara because he didn't know, was thinking how right she was and how she didn't even know it. “It's time like these that I wish I had my sister.” She continued as she looked down at her hands. Now that caught Hiei's attention. He didn't know he had another sister.
 
“You have another sibling? Who is she?” Mukuro asked with interest in her eyes she raised an eyebrow at Hiei.
 
“She is not my biological sister, but more of a bond. When I was a child I strayed away from Ice World and unfortunately crossed paths with some low-leveled slave demons. They knew I was an ice apparition and tried to capture me for my gems, but I quickly ran away. They were slowly gaining on me since they were stronger and faster. I was running so fast I didn't see where I was going and fell. They circled me and were getting closer and closer. Before they could touch me someone intervened. It was a woman. She gave them fair warnings, but they still wouldn't leave so she slew them. After that she took me home, and would come to visit me every so often. She was always taking good care of me that I almost considered her my mother. We were slowly creating a bond between us that when I was in danger she would know. One day she came to me telling me that she had to leave. I asked her why, but she wouldn't answer. She started to leave despite my pleading, so I made a request of her.” Yukina stopped to calm herself. Truth be told bringing back these buried memories were killing her. She didn't want to give up looking for friend, but it seemed like everyone she ever cared about was just tossing her aside and it seemed rather hopeless of finding her.
 
“What was that request?” Shizuru asked.
 
“I asked her to find my brother.” She replied with her eyes closed.
 
The kings listened quietly with interest. They already knew that Yukina was Hiei's sister, but wondered why he still wouldn't tell her. Hiei's mind on the other hand was reeling with all of this new information. Kurama was laughing in his mind at Hiei's predicament and wondered what Hiei was going to do now.
 
“What did she say?” Boton asked curiously with nervousness in voice.
 
Yukina opened her eyes and replied in a hushed voice, “She said she already found him.”
 
Everybody held their breath except for the three kings. They could care less. They waited for Yukina to say something. Now Hiei was extremely nervous. He was still hoping she didn't know.
 
“But she wouldn't tell me. She told me she had been watching him for a while now and said everyday his strength was increasing. She told me when the time was right and when he accepts that whatever he had done in the past wasn't entirely his fault he'll tell me. She also told me he'll be close by and leaning on me for support.” Yukina said as she held on to an object that no one else saw. It was a crystallized flower bracelet that her sister gave her before she left. Yukina kept it on her all the time as a reminder of hope that she'll one day find her family again.
 
“I'm sure your brother means well. It's getting rather late. Why don't Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei take you for a tour around the castle?” Raizen cut in.
 
Yusuke and the others just nodded their head and escorted the rest out. They knew Raizen, Yomi, and Mukuro were going to discuss the final plans of the ceremony. Preferably they were glad that they didn't have to stay.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
After Yusuke and team left…
 
Yomi looked at Raizen. “What security measure are you taking?” He asked.
 
“I don't know. No matter how many guards I station he'll some how be able to slip past.” Raizen said.
 
“Yomi and I can station some of our best men to stand watch also. Then we can ask that Genkai women to do some kind of back up spell to keep the rest of the unwanted demons out.” Mukuro replied.
 
“Alright, with that settled lets finish this pain-in-the-ass.” Yomi said tiredly.
 
Raizen and Mukuro looked at him surprised that he would say something like that. Then they just laughed.
 
The rest of the day was uneventful. After the tour the girls watched the guys spar. Then they diverted their attention to Yukina and asked questions about her sister. It got had gotten rather late and the kings were still finishing the last details of the ceremony. Yusuke and his gang ate their dinner before them and returned to their chambers for some much needed rest.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Yukina's Bedroom…
 
Yukina entered her room and walked out to the balcony across from her. She opened the door and let the evening breeze in. Yukina loved the view it gave her. The night was quiet and everything just looked peaceful. She wished life could always be like this, but knew that wasn't ever going to happen. She then hummed softly to herself as she held the bracelet when suddenly she felt a palm on her cheek, and her bond with her sister was getting stronger. She turned around hoping to see her, but alas no one was there. Deciding it was because of the lack of sleep she crawled into bed and fell soundly asleep.
 
When she was in a deep slumber for sure the mysterious figure stepped out from behind the curtains on the sides of the balcony and walked up to Yukina's small sleeping form. It ran its fingers through Yukina's hair and gave a soft smile when it heard her give a quiet sigh. A promise was murmured as it disappeared into the night, “I will protect you always my little ice maiden.” Then it bent down and kissed Yukina on her cheek, and then it was gone.