Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ruler of Makai ❯ Celebration ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Celebration
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The night of the ceremony just outside the palace…
 
“Excuse me, may we pass?” A woman asked sweetly.
 
The guard there turned around to find three seductive ladies standing in front of him. They were wearing the same style of clothing which consisted of a gypsy outfit that had slits on the outside sections of the legs and arms that bundled around the wrists, elbows, knees, and ankles. They had veils covering their hairs and the lower half of their faces. The one in the middle wore white, the one on her right was lavender, and the remaining female was clad in light blue.
 
“What business do you have here?” The guard asked trying to sound gruff, but ended up sounding a little too breathy.
 
The one dressed in white stepped forward and replied in fake desperation, “Why, we're the entertainers. If we don't get in now we won't have enough time to prepare.”
 
He looked like he could care less. “What do I get in return?” He asked with a grin that showed his crude looking teeth.
 
They knew what he was thinking so they decided to play along. The lady dressed in blue swayed her hips seductively as she walked up to him. She pressed her curves into his body and leaned her head near his ears while whispering erotically as she stoked a certain something, “If you let us pass with no trouble I'll make it worth your while after this is done.”
 
He shivered at the tone of her voice and nodded his head. The entertainers walked past the guard with smirks. As they walked in the woman in white muttered a spell and the barrier protecting the castle came down behind the unsuspecting demon. As soon as it come down four other figures slipped past the guard and joined them.
 
“Good job, Vixen that was simply enough.” Hunter said with a smirk.
 
Mist gave an unladylike snort and replied, “Of course, it was easy. Most males think with their balls instead of their brains.”
 
The guys just kept quiet and rolled their eyes, but Vixen and Violet laughed at this. They continued to walking to the ceremony.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In the ceremonial hall…
 
A crowd of high respectable demons had already arrived at the palace. There were different types of demons ranging from elemental to the darkest of the dark. The smell didn't help considering that most of these demons never heard of good hygiene.
 
Hiei wanted nothing more than to leave the insignificant place, but if he snuck off that would ensure his fate. Mukuro threatened that if he left there will be a hell of a training waiting for him when he comes back. He shuddered thinking about the last time he had managed to enrage her. That wasn't an experience he wished to repeat. The smell of the room was so disgusting he felt like he was suffocating. He stood in a corner so he could elude the small and so that nobody would take any notice of him.
 
“Man, is this a party or what?” Yusuke asked with sarcasm dripping in his voice as he and the rest of the gang walked up to Hiei.
 
Most of them didn't dress up to fancy considering they didn't know what to wear in a room full of demons. Yukina, Hiei, and Genkai just wore their usual attire, while the others changed a bit. Yusuke had on a green jacket with a white T-shirt and jeans, Kuwabara was wearing a loose dark blue shirt and khaki cargo pants, and Kurama wore his Dark Tournament outfit only the sash was gold. Now Shizuru and Boton on the other hand were a little better dressed. Shizuru wore a white blouse with a gray suit and matching pants, but Boton had on a light purple kimono with yellow flowers printed on it.
 
“Yes, I agree, there's not much to do, but to wait for the announcement.” Kurama replied.
 
“Um, guys why are those chicks over there looking at us like their hungry?” Kuwabara asked with a nervous chuckle as he pointed a thumb at them. He was pointing to a group of female demons that had their eyes on Kurama, Hiei, and Yusuke. They already knew what was going on in those girls' head. They guys looked at each other and just shrugged their shoulders like they didn't care.
 
“Hmm, pity that none of them was Keiko, huh, Shuichi?” Youko asked with a fake sincerity in his voice. “Not now Youko!” Shuichi shot back with aggravation. “Aww, are you getting sexually frustrated? I can change that.” The fox said in a song like tone. “Oh no, you don't. The last time I was frustrated with something you sent me those images of Keiko that I didn't need to see.” The human boy said quickly. “Now, now you can't say you didn't enjoy it. I mean come on we're in the same body and I can practically feel your desire for her!” Youko said deviously. At this Kurama blushed, but no one but Hiei noticed. Hiei may have seen it, but he chose to ignore it.
 
Genkai looked over her shoulder and gave a scoff. “They are what you call sex starving, money and power, hungry female demons that have nothing better to do than to gawk at the opposite sex.” Genkai said loud enough so that the group of whores could hear. When they heard this they gave Genkai murderous looks and started to advance on her. Jin, Touya, and Chuu saw this and intercepted them so they couldn't get any closer to do any kind of harm. Rinku, Suzuka, and Shishiwakumaru were walking around the room like security guards at the moment.
 
Shizuru laughed and said, “You nailed that one Genkai. That was a face I won't forget in a long time.” Boton's sweat dropped and Yukina looked at Shizuru with confusion her face.
 
Out of the corner of the guys' eyes, they saw Hokushin walking toward them. He bowed and told them, “My lords, the masters wish for your presence by their sides. I believe everyone who was invited has arrived and that they will begin the introduction shortly.”
 
“Yeah, we're coming. Just tell the old man to keep his pants on.” Yusuke replied casually.
 
Hokushin looked at Yusuke with amusement in his eyes and left. After Hokushin left Yusuke and them remained with the girls a little longer till Kurama told them the room was totally full which meant everyone was here. Yusuke, Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara, who didn't want to stay with Shizuru, left to go find the rulers.
 
“Who would have thought that the rulers knew so many demons?” Boton said in astonishment at the number of demons attending the ceremony.
 
“They have to have a lot of contacts if they want to rule a smooth kingdom, but that doesn't mean there's love in the air. It's all respect and fear, nothing more.” Shizuru replied as she pulled out a cigarette.
 
Genkai looked at Shizuru. “Hey, kid, you might want to put that away. We don't want anymore attention then we already have.” Genkai replied as she looked around at the crowd of demons. Shizuru returned the cigarette to its package and looked around. Genkai was right. There were plenty of male demons eyeing them. She shifted her attention over to Boton who was fidgeting nervously. Shizuru didn't blame herefor being afraid, hell, even she was sweating. If it wasn't for Chuu, Jin, and Touya she was sure they would have been mauled by now. Then something came to her attention.
 
“Um, Genkai, Boton,” they looked at her, “where's Yukina?” She asked.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
With Yukina…
 
After the guys left Yukina's eyes started wandering around. As she was looking around a figure snatched her gaze. It was a woman dressed in white. The woman's sienna eyes lured Yukina's own eyes to hers. The mysterious woman face was covered so only her eyes were showing and she was clad in a gypsy outfit. “Could it be?” Yukina thought frantically. The conversation between the other girls and Genkai fell on deaf ears as she started to walk towards the woman.
 
Yukina weaved her way through the crowd as she excused herself. The woman stood in the same place as she continued to stare at Yukina. When Yukina was about 2 feet away from the woman her heart started to beat faster. “I know it's her! She's finally back!” Yukina's thought raced. As she was getting closer and closer to the woman a wave of giddiness took over. Yukina stretched out her hand to touch the woman, but someone stepped in front of her.
 
“Hey, your with Yusuke aren't you?” a man, dressed in a white kimono and light gray hakamas with a katana strapped to his side, asked.
 
“Yes, I am. My name is Yukina.” She replied momentarily forgetting why she was all the way out here.
 
Well, Yukina, my name Shishiwakamaru. If you don't mind my asking, why are you all the way out here? I don't think you were supposed to stray from your comrades. I'll have to take you back. You don't know what could've happened to you.” He explained.
 
“But…” she didn't finish her sentence when she noticed the woman was no longer where Yukina last saw her.
 
“But what?” He asked with confusion.
 
Yukina simply cast her eyes to the floor. “Never mind, can you please return me to my friends?” She asked in a small voice.
 
“Of course.” He replied as he turned around and led her back through the crowd.
 
Yukina glanced over her shoulders to check one last time, but still no one was there. Yukina left with a heavy heart. She clutched the small flower bracelet as she held back a sob.
 
Oblivious to the small ice apparition, the woman clad in white was watching them leaving from the corner of the room. She disappeared after she saw the man coming towards Yukina. She heard the interaction between the two of them. As they left a guilty feeling over took her at not meeting Yukina, but this wasn't the time to reveal herself yet.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Back with the other girls…
 
“Jin, did you see where Yukina went?” Boton asked the wind master.
 
“You mean the short one? Nope, can't say I have. Isn't she supposed to be with you lasses?” He asked.
 
“If she was here, do you think we would be asking you, Jin?” Genkai shot back. Jin looked at them with embarrassment as he scratched the back of his head.
 
“Are you missing someone? Cause I think I found her.” Shishiwakamaru said as he presented Yukina to them.
 
Boton let out a relieved sigh. “Where have you been, kid? We were worried about you.” Shizuru questioned.
 
“I thought I saw someone, but it must have been my imagination.” Yukina answered truthfully. The girls continued to talk to each other as to why Yukina didn't tell them she left.
 
“It's beyond me, mate. I didn't know she was gone till the girls were at Jin's throat.” Chuu said with confusion.
 
“She must be stronger then she looks if she was able to slip past us.” Touya replied as he glanced over to the young ice maiden.
 
Jin stared at Touya. “What cha mean? Her doing sneaky stuff? I don't believe it. She's innocent as a lamb.” He said trying to defend her.
 
“Strong or not, I'll leave that up to you guys, but don't let this happen again or else Hiei will surely murder all of us. I gotta go back and keep an eye out with Suzuka and Rinku.” Shishiwakamaru said as he departed from them.
 
At that moment the three rulers stood before the multitude of apparitions followed by their heirs. A great silence fell over the legions of demons as they waited for one of the kings to speak. There was so much tension in the air that even the lowly of demons could sense it.
 
Yomi was the first to step forward and speak, “Fellow comrades and demons. I thank you for attending this ceremony. We will voice the names of our successors and you shall contribute your say in this by saying if you believe if they are worthy of the honor or not.”
 
At this the congregation nodded their heads. Yomi continued, “I present to you Kurama as my successor to rule in my stead. Do you accept or decline?” Kurama slowly walked to the right hand of Yomi. Kurama eyed the demons, but no one protested against him being an heir.
 
Mukuro stepped forward and said, “I have chosen Hiei as my successor. Will anyone dare to defy my choice?” Hiei walked up to her and glared at the multitude of demons. Wisely all of them kept their mouths shut and nodded in agreement.
 
Finally it was Raizen's turn to announce his heir. “I have chosen Yusuke Urameshi as my heir. Who objects with my decision?” He questioned.
 
At this all demons present howled their opposition. “He has human blood!” “He works as the Spirit Detective!” “He is weak and unworthy of this honor!” The demons shouted.
 
You could see the veins popping out of Yusuke's head as he tried to restrain himself from doing some serious damage. “SHUT UP!!! YOU GOT A PROBLEM?! LET'S SETTLE THIS WITH FISTS THEN!!! I BET THIS WEAK HUMAN CAN WHOOP YOU!!!” Yusuke raged.
 
Well, that got the demons to shut up. Not one of them dared to go challenge the spirit detective in fear of getting killed by him or worse angering Raizen. Raizen looked at the crowd with a smirk on his face.
 
“Since we have managed to settle this disagreement, I say lets continue with the evening. Please take your seats, dinner shall be served.” Raizen said. Once everyone was seated he summoned the servants and dinner was underway.
 
The girls had a separate dinner table close to Yusuke's. Kuwabara stayed at Yusuke's table, still not wanting to be near Shizuru. The girls discussed amongst themselves about Yusuke's outburst.
 
“Geez, did Yusuke have to yell so loud? My ears are still ringing.” Boton exclaimed as she rubbed her ears.
 
Shizuru nodded her head. “I'm surprise half of these demons' ears are still functioning, especially that Yomi guy considering how many ears he got.” She stated.
 
Genkai generally ignored the two. She looked over to Yukina. Genkai was getting extremely worried about her. Ever since Yukina had come back to Makai she had been very quiet and distant. Genkai thought it was maybe because Yukina wasn't able to locate her siblings.
 
Genkai placed a hand over Yukina's and gave a gentle squeeze with a motherly smile. “Don't worry too much about it dear. I'm sure you'll find them very soon.” The ageing woman said gently.
 
Yukina looked at her with a small smile and ate bits of her food. The other two saw the interaction, but continued to finish their meal.
 
The rest of dinner was finished in silence with the occasional whispering among the guest. Once everyone was done dining the servants came and cleared the table. When everything was cleared and everyone had calmed down some servant came out to move some tables to create a stage. As soon as they were done Raizen clapped his hands to summon the performers.
 
Suddenly all of the lights went out and long streams of gasps were heard. Quietly a soft melody drifted in the air. A large ring of doted embers appeared on the stage, but the peculiar thing was that there was nothing for the fire to consume in order to burn. A male figure dressed in dark brown with a mask covering the upper portion of his face was playing a wooden flute majestically. The room was to dark to distinguish anything else about him as he slowly walked to the outside of the ring of fire.
 
Raizen frowned. He didn't like the situation. Raizen had a feeling that he knew exactly who that was. “I knew nothing would stop you fromcoming here, Akimoto.Now what are you up to?” he thought.
 
Once the figure reached his destination a light stream of mist was coming from the middle of the stage. Out of nowhere three female dancers appeared in the ring with their heads down. As the music continued the dancer slowly lifted their heads and raised their arms in a swan like grace. They silently glided apart to form a triangle with the dancer dressed in white at head which was place in front of the rulers and their heirs. They held out their arms and materialized sheer scarfs that matched their outfit. They swirled the scarf around their body as they spun giving off an ethereal glow as the light flickered off their skin. The leader's eyes connected with Kurama and Yukina's eyes during this movement.
 
Kurama took in a sharp gasp. Yomi hearing this tilted his head and asked, “Is something the matter Kurama?”
 
“No, it's just that the performance is ……very intriguing.” Kurama half lied. Determining this was the only response he was going to get he turned his attention back to the performance.
 
“Youko, no doubt about it now, that's definitely her.” Shuichi replied. “Ha! I told you so. That means Vixen and her little group is here.” Youko said in a proud voice. “Yes, but what are they going to do?” Shuichi asked. “I really don't care about the rest of them. Letfocus on Vixen right now. Who would have thought she would be able to entice all of the male senses.” Youko mentioned with meaning. “I quite agree. It's like…wait hold up. STOP DISTRACTING ME YOUKO!” The human counterpart shouted. “Oh shut up and enjoy the show.” Youko commanded. Kurama kept quiet and watched the rest of the show with great interest.
 
“It is her!” Yukina thought excitedly. “I have to talk to her, but how?” She contemplated. “Perhaps I can meet her after the performance somewhere, now how to tell her.” Yukina thought of the different ways to tell her, but suddenly remembered. “Of course, our bond!” She exclaimed.
 
“Sister, can you her me?” Yukina asked timidly. A smile formed on the dancer's face as she continued to move seductively. “I was beginning to wonder when you were going to figure it out.” She replied. “Can I meet you some where to talk privately?” Yukina asked in desperation. “I don't think it's a good idea at present, but if you really insist follow the man who is playing the flute. He will lead you to me.” After that she cut off their link. Although abrupt the young girl was satisfied and renewed her attention to the performance.
 
Everyone was staring intently at the attractive women. Every move they made their outfit molded against their luscious form exposing the midriff, arms, and legs. The glimpse of skin was so tantalizing that none of the males could keep their eyes off them. The females' eyes gave off an effect that could spark any man's fantasy. The ethereal glow didn't help the situation either. The effect only made them look more mystical, mysterious, and seductive. Their slow and graceful movements were seducing their male audience to the brink of insanity. The arousal in the air was so thick that you could practically smell and taste it. One could wonder what they were thinking.
 
The music was slowly dying down. The girls were retreating back to where they began. The ember flickered against the darkness, and abruptly extinguished itself. The music lingered for a moment then it was gone. Then the room was introduced to light once again.
 
Before the lights came back, within the darkness Yukina had disappeared. Shortly after the music had ended a figure crept up behind her. He covered her mouth with his hand so that not a sound escaped and stole her away.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
With Yukina…
 
Yukina struggled against her captor trying to break free. He was tall and extremely strong to her disadvantage.
 
“I will not harm you. If I remove my hold will you swear not to shout?” Asked the man softly.
 
When Yukina heard the gentleness of his voice she agreed. He removed his hand and she turned around. It was the guy her sister told her to follow. He led her down a dark corridor in silence.
 
“What is your name if I may ask, and why did you abduct me?” She asked timidly.
 
Without turning around he answered. “She will answer all of your questions, and with the abduction thing I thought it would be more prudent if I came to escort you.” He pointed to the direction where Vixen stood.
 
“Hello, Yukina, I see you have been fairing very well.” Vixen said with a sisterly smile.
 
Yukina ran up to her and gave her a long hug with tears of joy falling from her eyes. Vixen returned the hug as she kissed Yukina's forehead and rested her cheek on it.
 
“Where did you go? I was so worried about you when you left without saying goodbye!” Yukina said with some sniffling as she hugged Vixen tighter as if she would disappear from her again.
 
Vixen let out a sigh and tilted Yukina's head up and replied, “I left you for your own safety. I didn't want you or the others to get involved in what I do.”
 
At that moment Mist and Violet walked up and interrupted them.
 
“Is this your little sister, Vixen?” Mist asked curiously.
 
Vixen nodded and told them, “Yes, this is Yukina. Yukina these are my friends. Mist is in sea-gray and Violet is in violet.”
 
“It's a pleasure to have finally met you, Miss Yukina. Vixen talks very highly of you.” Violet complimented.
 
Yukina blushed at her praise. “Thank you, its nice meeting you too.” The girls continued to talk casually till Hunter came up to them.
 
“Vixen, I believe it's time to go introduce ourselves properly. The demons have left and that human boy named Kuwabara, I believe, is making quite a scene about your disappearance.” Hunter informed as he raised an eyebrow at Yukina.
 
“Alright then, does that mean we got some action?” Shadow asked as he and the other guys appeared out of no where.
 
Vixen, Violet, and Mist looked at them with stern faces. “No, I believe it's our turn to have some fun. You guys already got to fight the heirs.” Mist complained.
 
Phoenix stepped forward and said, “I agree with Mist. I want to see their faces when they get beat by girls.”
 
“Are you implying something my dear Phoenix?” Violet asked with a mischievous look.
 
“You know that's not what he meant; besides I think you ladies were going to challenge the six fighters Kurama trained.” Kitsune said.
 
“What?! But where's the fun in that? They're weaker than the heir!” Mist pouted.
 
“Yes, I know, but we don't want to embarrass the heirs, or to anger the kings since we're here to settle some business.” Hunter told her.
 
“Oh, fine then, but you guys will have to make it up to us.” Mist pouted.
 
“Well, since that's settled shall we get going?” Vixen asked. “Yukina, I'm going to teleport you back to the ceremonial room, but once you're transported back act like you know nothing, alright? I'll explain everything to Yusuke and them once we're done with the challenge.” Vixen told her.
 
“Alright then, but be careful, okay?” Yukina replied as she held Vixen's hand. Vixen smiled and concentrated her energy into transporting Yukina. When Yukina vanished Akimoto and them advanced into the room of the kings.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~