Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ruler of Makai ❯ Surprises ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Surprises
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /font>
Back in the ceremonial hall…
 
As soon as the performers disappeared there were loud groans of disappointment from all of the male demons. Yusuke and them just scoffed. Yusuke enjoyed the show, but something was nagging him in the back of his head like he should know something about the woman dressed in white.
 
“What do you think, Shizuru?” Boton asked. She thoroughly enjoyed the performance. The way the girls moved with elegance and ease caused Boton to envy them.
 
“I guess it was alright, but judging from the sound we just heard I think some of the audience would have like a private show with them.” Shizuru stated. She could see some of the demons panting and their eyes still had the lust look in them. She was worried. They would have to be a little bit more careful incase one of those demons tries to do something.
 
Genkai looked at them with a blank face, and let out a groan when she noticed that Yukina was gone again and at the worst time possible. “Touya, Jin, Chuu go find Yukina now! It's dangerous for her to be wondering about now with these sex crazed demons!” Genkai barked.
 
The guys looked startled. The first to respond was Touya. “Again? Where does that girl go? Chuu, go find the others and tell them to search for her. Jin and I will remain on guard, but whatever you do don't tell Hiei or give him any kind of indication that she's missing, or else we're all in trouble.” Touya instructed quickly.
 
Chuu left in an instance wasting no time. The girls could only scan the crowd hoping to find her. They shifted nervously thinking about what Hiei would do if he found out Yukina was in a crowd of demons who, Kami, knows what they would do.
 
Raizen stood up and addressed the crowd, “Fellow demons, I thank you for attending the ceremony of our heir's recognition. I bid thee farewell, and safe return to your home.”
 
At this the demons paid their respect to the kings and left for the long journey ahead of them. When the hall was empty with the exception of the king's guests, some of them let out a relieved sigh. The only ones who were nervously looking around were Boton and Shizuru. Genkai easily kept on a straight face.
 
“Well, I guess now that it's over it wasn't so bad.” Yusuke said.
 
Kurama looked at him and stated, “Except for the part where you threatened the entire congregation of demons.”
 
“That may be so, but I expected that kind of reaction from them. I knew Yusuke would also do something like that so I anticipated a challenge, but sadly no one was brave enough to fulfill it.” Raizen said in a bored tone.
 
“Yea, I really liked Mukuro's announcement.” Yusuke said as he pointed a thumb at her.
 
“Well, I can't have anyone insult my choice, now can I?” Mukuro said with a smirk.
 
Kuwabara was the first to notice one of the girls were missing. “Hey sis, where's Yukina?” He asked.
 
Shizuru rubbed her temples. She knew he would be the first to ask since he was love sick about her. She prepared herself for all hell to break loose. “We actually don't know. We were all watching the performance intently and thoroughly enjoying ourselves, but when the lights came back on she had disappeared.” She said tiredly.
 
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S GONE?! THEN WHO'S LOOKING FOR HER?!” Kuwabara yelled.
 
“We're already on that. I sent Chuu and the others to go find her.” Touya replied calmly.
 
Hiei was seething. “How could they have lost her?!” he asked himself. He tried concentrating his Jagan eye on locating her aura, but he didn't feel anything. He was about to go run off and search for herself when Chuu and the others returned.
 
“Well, did you find her?” Hiei asked holding back his anger.
 
They shook their heads. “No, we couldn't find her.” Chuu answered.
 
“This would be the second time she ran off.” Shishiwakamaru said.
 
“She disappeared before?” Kurama asked.
 
“Yeah, I found her on the opposite side of the room. She was walking with determination in her eyes. I intercepted her and asked what she was doing all the way out there. She didn't give me a direct response so I returned her to her friends.” Shishiwakamaru told them.
 
“She said she thought she saw a familiar face and went to see if it was them.” Genkai put in.
 
“But who would she know?” Boton asked confused.
 
“Perhaps she saw one of her siblings and wanted to find them.” Yomi added. He was quietly listening to the scene before him and scared some of the members when he suddenly spoke.
 
“But her bro…” Boton cut herself off when she saw Hiei's dangerous look he sent to her.
 
Kuwabara looked over to her and asked, “Her what, Boton?”
 
Yusuke decided to jump in, “Boton is just blabbering now. She doesn't know what she is talking about.”
 
“She's blabbering about what?” Yukina asked as she walked up from behind them.
 
Boton turned around when she heard Yukina's voice and jumped to hug her. “Where have you been Yukina we were so worried about you.” She said.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause you to worry I had to go somewhere to think.” She half-lied.
 
Everyone, but Boton knew she was lying. Yusuke and the rest of the demons couldn't get an energy reading on her so that mean she wasn't only walking to get her mind off things.
 
Raizen broke in on their chattering and informed them, “Akimoto is here. He was the man playing the instrument.”
 
“What, how did he get past our defense?” Mukuro asked with disbelief.
 
“Very easily actually Mukuro, and how very observant of you Raizen to have noticed me. My, you certainly have grown since I last saw you.” Akimoto said as he has his followers walked into the room interrupting their conversation.
 
Akimoto removed his mask. Yusuke gasped when he saw that Akimoto looked exactly like Raizen only with black bangs. “Of course they are twins.” He thought. Shadow, Phoenix, and Kitsune wasn't wearing their cloaks, but the girls still were.
 
“What are you doing here, Akimoto?” Raizen growled.
 
Akimoto put on faked hurt face and opened his arms as he said, “What no hug for your brother?”
 
“So you're the one who fought our heirs?” Mukuro said with venom in her voice.
 
“Actually that would be us three over here.” Shadow said with a smirk.
 
“Then how about you fight with us then?” Yomi said in a hard voice.
 
“Oh, I don't think you want to lose to some females so I wanted to challenge your body guards.” Akimoto said as he pointed at Touya and them.
 
The kings narrowed their eyes at the insult. The opposing group snickered and laughed at them, but Vixen remained silent.
 
“Each of you chooses two warriors to represent you, and we shall begin the battle.” Vixen commanded.
 
“Fine then, I'll go first. Suzuka, Shishiwakamaru, step forward you'll be their first opponent.” Mukuro quickly commanded.
 
“Hey, Violet and Vixen you don't mind if I go first?” Mist asked them.
 
They nodded their heads and Vixen replied, “Be my guest they're not the one I want to fight anyway.”
 
As Mist walked up to her opponents she threw her cloak aside. Suzaku and Shishiwakamaru's eyes widen at the attractive female that stood before them. Mist had grayish eyes, her hair was shoulder length sea-green held back by a headband with some loose strands covering her forehead, and she looked to be about 5'9”. She was wearing a blue tub top corset that laced in the front, a jungle green mini skirt that had slits up to her thighs on both sides, and black knee high stiletto boots. Her clothes revealed flawless skins around her midriff, upper legs, and shoulders. Around her neck was a star pendent and strapped to her sides was a pair of Sai. Mist sent a smirk to the boys and asked, “You like what you see gentlemen?”
 
They didn't answer. The three of them continued to advance into the middle of the room. Vixen formed a barrier around them like last time. “The rules of this battle will be slightly different. There will be nothing holding you back. You may use your abilities to the fullest, and death is an option.” She explained with neutrality in her voice.
 
It looked like neither side objected, but silently waited for one of them to make the first move. When Vixen shouted begin, things instantly heated up. Shishi led the first assault. He pulled out his katana as he dashed towards Mist attempting to slice her. She jumped back into the air. Suzuka appeared behind and tried to land a blow on her head, but she maneuvered her body around him and jabbed her elbow on the back of his neck which sent him flying to the ground. She landed a distance from him as he slowly got up and rubbed his neck. Shishi jumped in front of her and quickly sent multiple slashes at her. She gracefully dodged all of them like she was mocking him. Seeing how she wasn't even trying he doubled his effort to give Suzuka time to recover from the bone crushing blow. As Shishi was distracting Mist with his frontal assault Suzuka crept up behind her and held her back so she couldn't move. The move didn't surprise her to much as she watched the demon in front of her bring his katana down to kill her. At the last moment she disappeared from the hold and instead of the blow hitting her it damaged Suzuka. When Shishi saw that she vanish he quickly shifted the attack so that it wouldn't kill his partner. Although it didn't kill him, Suzuka's wound was bleeding profusely and if something wasn't done he could die from blood lost.
 
“How did you evade my attack?” Shishiwakamaru asked.
 
Mist let out a chuckle and replied, “I'm a water demon my speciality is to change my body into a mist and reassemble myself, hence the name Mist. So even if you manage to catch me off guard I can change and evade your assault. Now, I think it's time to end this game.”
 
She pulled out her Sais' and charged at him. One thought ran through Shishi's head, “I'm in deep shit. No matter what I do she'll dodge my attack. If I don't hurry up Suzuka will die,” as glanced over to his fallen comrade. Now Mist was on the offensive and Shishi was on the defensive. He placed his katana in front of him to block Mist's on slaughter. His arms were rocking from the force of blows, but he refused to give up. He closed his eyes for a moment, but when he opened them she was gone. He looked around trying to find her. A couples of minutes have passed and the silence was unnerving. His eyes widened when he suddenly felt her behind him. He turned around, but it was too late. She stabbed into the wrist which his hand held his weapon, rendering it useless, and she slashed him across his neck. Shishi fell to the ground as he used his uninjured hand to cover his wound, but it didn't help. He eventually blacked out and fell on his stomach.
 
As soon as he fell the barrier also came down. Mist walked back to her team without looking back, while Touya and them tried to stop the wound from bleeding. Yukina, Boton, and Genkai ran up to them and used their healing powers to help the two fallen warriors. They let out a relieved sigh when they saw the wounds weren't too deep. Once the two fighters wounds were closed up they regained consciousness. Yukina looked at Vixen like she wasn't sure anymore. “Why are you doing this, sis?” she sadly thought.
 
“That wasn't even a fight. It was too easy.” Mist commented in a bored tone.
 
Shishi and Suzuka growled at her when they heard this.
 
“That means they were holding out on us when we were fighting them.” Kurama said.
 
“So what we were holding out to. I mean if we could have used our energy attacks they wouldn't be smiling right now.” Yusuke said angrily.
 
“I wouldn't be to sure Urameshi. They beat you in hand-to-hand combat what makes you think the result wouldn't be the same if they didn't hold back on ya?” Kuwabara replied.
 
Mukuro and Hiei ignored their chattering and glared at a smirking Akimoto. “Who is next? Why don't you give it a chance brother?” Akimoto asked.
 
“Chuu, Rinku go forth.” Raizen commanded.
 
“Violet you can go ahead and take them. I'll fight the shinobies.” Vixen said. Violet bowed her head and replied, “As you wish.” As she walked up Phoenix whispered her to be careful. She sent him a smile and said she would be alright.
 
Her cloak vanished to reveal her form. She had sparkling amethyst eyes, her hair was short light purple that covered her right eye, and she was about 5'9”. She wore a one shoulder lavender tank top that exposed her stomach, skin tight khaki capris, and had an orange sash that acted as a belt. She had diamond shape crystal earrings that reflected the light.
 
Rinku let out a low whistle and Chuu said, “Wow, what a fine looking lady.”
 
“Why thank you for saying so, but that doesn't mean I'm going easy on you.” Violet said with a smile.
 
“Nah, I don't expect you to.” Chuu answered back.
 
Yusuke shook his head at Chuu's antics. Kuwabara was still gaping at how gorgeous the girls looked. The rest of the guys acted like they could careless.
 
The three of them walked to the middle of the room where the battle would take place. Vixen erected the barrier like before and said begin. Chuu and Violet wasted no time in trying to dominate the other. They ran towards each other and locked hands. It looked rather ridicules since Chuu was much taller than Violet and that she was a girl. Rinku waited on the sidelines waiting for the right moment to attack. Around where the combatants stood a crater formed from the pressure. Violet jerked Chuu forward as she jumped up and landed both of her feet under his chin. Chuu flew into the air and landed on his head. Once Violet landed on her feet Rinku shot out his yo-yo's and wrapped them around her wrists and ankles. The strings were digging into her skin, but she didn't care. She concentrated her energy into her wrist to materialize her weapon. Once it appeared she cut the strings that were constraining her. Her weapon was a pair of arch blades connected to her wrist guards. She yelled out “Crescent Slice” and shot out white energy blasts in the shape of arches. Rinku dodged them, but a couple sliced shallow cuts into his cheek and legs. He jumped back to where Chuu was waiting for him to do his thing. Chuu took a bottle of beer like the one from the Dark Tournament and drank it. This time Chuu didn't make a fool of himself by throwing up like he usually did. His strength increased and he charged towards Violet with a speed she didn't expect. He landed a punch in the middle of her chest that sent her sliding across the barrier. That punch would have left any opponent reeling, but she seemed un-phased. Rinku's yo-yo's were of no use now and him not being able to engage in physical combat made him utterly useless so he wasn't able to help Chuu. Chuu pulled out a dagger from his boot and charged at Violet. He circled her fading in an out hoping to confuse her. Violet closed her eyes and mainly focused on his aura. As soon as she closed her eyes Chuu leapt at her. She pinpointed his location, but didn't move. The result of that he plunged the dagger into her stomach and leapt away from her.
 
“Alright Chuu you got her!” Rinku said enthusiastically.
 
“Yeah, I may have gotten her, but look there's no reaction on her face.” Chuu replied seriously.
 
Violet looked at them with boredom in her eyes. She pulled out the dagger and blood spurted out everywhere. Violet slowly brought up her hand to cover the deep wound.
 
“Wha what are you doing? Are you trying to kill yourself?” Rinku asked as he stuttered.
 
“If you don't hurry up and finish us off the poison in my dagger will kill.” Chuu said.
 
“Yes, I know, but I don't think I need to worry about that.” She said in an as-matter-of-fact tone. She willed her weapons to disappear. The hand on her wound all of a sudden started to glow. The wound was rapidly healing right before their very eyes.
 
“How did you do that?” Rinku yelled.
 
“That's my ability. I'm a miko-demon. I specialize in healing and purifying.” Violet replied with a smirk.
 
“Well let's see if you'll purify us then shall we.” Chuu yelled.
 
“Oh, I don't think I'll purify you guys since you gave me such nice compliments.” Violet said sweetly.
 
Violet's fingers were glowing as she charged at them. In a blink of an eye she materialized in front of him and swiftly pushed her fingers into his body in certain areas. She disappeared and did the same thing to Rinku. She backed away from Rinku and stood before them. Rinku and Chuu tried to move their body, but to no avail did they succeed. Try as they might their limbs wouldn't budge.
 
“What did you do to us?” Chuu asked angrily.
 
“I just used my purifying power to block out the blood flow to your limbs so you can't move. That officially makes me the winner.” Violet said with a smile.
 
The barrier came down and Violet started to walk away.
 
“Hey, you can't leave us like that. Aren't you going to un-paralyze us or something?” Rinku shouted after her.
 
“Should I or should I not? Hmm, what do you think, Vixen?” Violet asked her leader.
 
Vixen let out a laugh and said, “Yes, I think you should since they gave you such flattering comments.”
 
“Oh, alright.” Violet said. She turned towards them and held out her hand. Rinku and Chuu's body gave off a soft glow. When the glowing died down they tried to move their body and it responded to their command. Not only were they able to move, all of the wounds and discomfort of their body was healed. They nodded their thanks and returned to their side.
 
“Damn these guys are making us look like amateurs.” Yusuke spat out.
 
“They seem to be very experienced and calculative.” Yomi said.
 
“Yes, they are so strong they're not even taking us seriously.” Mukuro added in an aggravated voice.
 
“It would seem that we're losing again, Youko.” Shuichi stated. “That may seem that way, but we still have Jin and Touya. They are shinobies don't underestimate them.” Youko replied. “I wonder will Vixen finally reveal herself.” Shuichimused. “How about we make a bet. If my instincts are correct and if it's Keiko you have to let me out a day and I can do what I pleasewith her.” Youko bargained. “Fine, if you lose you have to leave me alone for a whole day when we do find Keiko.” Shuichi answered back. “Deal, now hush up Touya and Jin arewalking to the center.” Youko commanded.
 
“Ahh, the last pair I take it you shall be representing Yomi then.” Raizen said. “Are you ready to reveal yourself Vixen?” He asked.
 
“I'm more then ready.” She replied as she removed her cloak slowly. Multiple gasps were heard on the opposite side. There standing before them was Keiko. She had gotten taller and her hair was all the way down to her knees. She wore a red Chinese shirt that had no sleeves and went down to her knees and it had slits up to her waist, there was a gold sash tied around her waist, she had on a slightly loose white pants, and her shoes were ankle high stiletto boots. She had on arm guards like Touya, on her upper right arm was a simple gold band, and around her neck was a silver choker that had a crystal in the middle.
 
“Hey everybody.” was all she said with a smile.
 
“What are you doing here Keiko? What are you doing with them?” Yusuke questioned.
 
“Because Yusuke this is where I belong and they are my friends?” Keiko replied simply.
 
“Boy, do you know her?” Raizen asked.
 
“Yeah, but now I'm not so sure. She and I grew up together in the human world.” Yusuke said with a straight face.
 
“Yes, I win!” Youko howled. Shuichi was grumbling in the background. “So when do I get my day out, Shuichi?” He asked with a smirk in his voice. “Not now, Youko we have to solve this at the moment.” Shuichi said hoping to avoid the inevitable. “Fine, but I still expect an answer from you.” Youko said. They shifted their attention back to the matter at hand.
 
“Keiko, you're a traitor! Why are you doing this to us?” Boton shouted as tears formed in her eyes.
 
Keiko gave Boton an intense look and replied in a hard voice, “Do you really think that I am a traitor then so be it. How I choose to live is none of your business anyway. Why am I doing this? I do this because I follow the will of my lord. I watched you, Yusuke, for years waiting for you to become stronger. The moment I met you I knew you were the one. Raizen's one and only heir, I patiently waited for you to get stronger till I could test you. Now the time has come, soon we shall see if you deserve to become a ruler. That goes for the rest of your friends also.
 
Genkai looked over to the girl whom she thought was human. Ever since Genkai had met her she knew something was off about her, but she couldn't put a finger on it. Now she knew why she was never human in the first place. Keiko must have been extremely strong to have hidden this for such a long time.
 
“Are you really human, Keiko? Would you have killed us if he told you to?” Shizuru asked with disbelief in her voice.
 
I tell you this now I am not human. If Touya and Jin wins then I'll answer your questions, but if I win you drop the subject and I'll tell you in due time.” Keiko replied.
 
“Fine, then if that's what you want. Touya, Jin give her what she wants, and don't go easy on her just because she is a girl and you think she is still Yusuke's friend.” Hiei commanded with anger.
 
Everyone looked at him and wondered what got him to go off. Yukina looked over to Keiko and hoped she would be alright. Out of everybody she kept her body composed not letting them know she was already in on the plan
 
“You can't do that Hiei. She's our friend. She must have a good explanation for this.” Kuwabara said quickly.
 
“I agree Mr. Hiei, will this be necessary? I believe we can settle this in peaceful terms.” Yukina said with hope in her voice.
 
“I thank you for your concerns you two, but don't underestimate me for the girl you thought you knew.” Keiko said quietly.
 
“ENOUGH! Just get in there and finish what they started!” Mukuro shouted. Now that got everyone on her side scared. Jin and Touya quickly left to the fighting area.
 
Keiko walked up to them till she was about 5' away. She held out her hands and cast a barrier around them. Jin flew into the air immediately, but Touya remained on the ground.
 
“Don't expect us to go easy on you just because you're a woman and friend of Yusuke's.” Touya told her in a hard voice.
 
“I don't expect you to.” She replied just as hard.
 
Touya used his power to drop the temperature to a freezing climate. He created ice sheets to cover the ground so it made it harder to run on. Keiko stood her ground impassive. Jin dived towards her with his arms stretched out summoning his attack. Two tornados swirled around his arms and he aimed it at Keiko. She effortless dodged it, but Touya formed an ice sword around his right hand and swiped at her. Keiko ducked down and landed a backwards kick under his chin. Touya flew into the air, but Jin caught him before he could fall. Jin dropped Touya safely on the ground and flew towards Keiko. He started to land punches on her while he was in the air, but she was blocking all of them. As he continued his assault she caught both of his hands and threw him to the ground hard. Before he could recover she jumped up and kneed him in the gut. The impact was so hard it caused Jin to cough up blood. She rapidly started to punch him in the chest endlessly and Jin's body was only going deeper into the ground. Touya shot out ice crystals at her, but she merely jumped back, caught them, and threw it back at him. They landed in a neat row in front of his feet. Jin quickly flew to Touya's side as soon as he got the chance. He was breathing hard and clutching his chest in pain.
 
“Is that all you got? And you call yourselves Shinobies. Your master would be ashamed if he saw you now!” Keiko scoffed.
 
“We're just beginning. You just managed to catch me off guard that's all. How do you know about our master?” Jin shot back.
 
“Well then I suggest you be more careful then and don't let your guard down around me. For your second question, why I was the one who trained him.” Keiko shot back with an eyebrow raised.
 
You lie! Our master may have died, but how could you a mere mortal train a skilled ninja like him?” Touya asked angrily.
 
“Don't underestimate me. I'm old enough to tell you that my wisdom is far exceeding than Youko's.” Keiko replied in a silent whisper.
 
Touya ignored her whispered response. “Jin we will have to combine our attacks and attack her at once. We have no time to waste.” Touya said in a whisper.
 
Jin nodded and took to the air. Keiko heard the whisperings, but paid no attention to them. She charged towards them not caring what they were going to do. Jin summoned both of his tornados again and sent it at her. Touya gathered his ice powers and sent them into the tornado to create and blizzard cyclone. The attack contacted with Keiko and created a large smoke screen. The shinobies waited to see the end results of their attack, but they didn't anticipate her to be standing. Keiko stood in the same spot where the attack landed with a silver staff that had a large diamond shaped crystal attached to the top about equal to her height held out in front of her with a small barrier surrounding her. She was looking at them with a smirk planted on her face.
 
She ran towards them while muttering a spell under her breath. She made a swipe in front of her body shooting out lightening strikes from her staff. Jin and Touya jumped out of the way, but soon found energy rings heading their way. Jin did a back flip in the air and dodged it, but Touya wasn't fortunate enough. One of the rings captured him and now he was struggling against its tight bond, but the more he tried to break free the ring only got smaller and smaller.
 
“I wouldn't resist if I were you. The more you struggle the tighter it will become and eventually it will slice you in two.” Keiko said.
 
Touya growled and yelled, “I won't loose to you!” He used a large amount of his ice energy and concentrated around the ring. He caused it to freeze and he shattered it.
 
He and Jin used their remaining energy to conjure up a giant storm. It was surprising that the palace hadn't fallen yet due to all of the attacks they were summoning. The shinobies used the last of their strength and sent the blast in her direction. Everyone knew she wouldn't be able to dodge it in time at the rate it was going, but Hunter and them already predicted the outcome and showed no fear in the attack. Before the enormous attack could hit her she shouted, “Inferno Flame!” At the moment a large gust of flames hotter than hell shot forth into the combined power of ice and wind. The wind fueled the fire and it spread till it consumed the entire blast. Not only did the attack disappear, the flame reached all the way to Jin and Touya. By wasting all of their energy they didn't have the strength to move. The intense flame scorched their body severely. Their clothes remained barely intact, but their skin was in terrible shape.
 
Their breaths were shallow as they waited for their end. Unaware to everyone else in the room a shadow lurked among them. It waited for the right moment to strike the weakened demons so it could feed. When it saw that the shinobies were down for good it leapt towards them penetrating through the barrier. The figure positioned itself on top of the demons in critical conditions ready to strike the finishing blow. Jin and Touya's eyes widened, but they couldn't do anything to defend themselves. It seemed like eternity before their fates were sealed.