Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Silver dreams ❯ First meeting... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

By: Shinigami_chylde

Silver Dreams

Chapter 1, An Interesting Meeting…

Kurama POV

I sat in an ancient oak tree and watched a female, who judging by her sent was a wolf and fox youkai. She knelt by the river near the towering ancient picking certain herbs that were growing there. I watched her silently as I had done for the past few weeks. This time I just admired her features, she had a slender frame with sharp yet gentle features. Her silvery hair was tied up loosely on her head and only two thick strands framed her face. Her deep blue tunic fitted her snugly and was tied off with a black sash on the waist. The pants where a lighter blue and cut off at the ankles; she was barefoot and bore a silver chain on her left ankle.
'Hmm… Interesting,' I thought as I watched her reach for one herb that was farther over the river than the others. Suddenly she slipped and fell headfirst into the frigid water. I laughed as she came sputtering and coughing out water. Her head snapped to my direction and the look of her pure embarrassment was clear.
'Now you've done it Kurama...' I scolded myself.
"Who are you?!" She demanded. "Show yourself!"
I chuckled. "Now, now… Why spoil the surprise?"
She climbed out of the river and scanned for where I was but the oak branches shielded me from her view.
"Insolent youkai," she growled, as she wrung out her tunic.
"Insolent!? Why do you say that?" I inquired.
"You laughed as I fell into freezing waters and nearly gave me a heart attack in doing so you creep!" She snapped.
I jumped from my hiding place and walked silently up behind her then spun her around to face me.
"So I'm a creep now am I?" I growled.
Her eyes narrowed. "Yes, you are... Where were you hiding?" she spat.
"That is my business and you had better watch what you say vixen," I warned coldly.
Her shoulders tensed tightly and she glared. "I take orders from no one," she said firmly.
"Such strong words my dear," I said. "However there are some things you should know."
She stepped back and tripped over a root that I had grown for such a purpose. She fell onto her back with a cry of surprise and I laughed for the second time that day.
I knelt down to where our eyes met. She growled quietly in warning as she continued to back up till I stopped her. "Such a unique vixen you are," I mutter
"What are you playing at!?" She spat.
I grinned. "This forest that you're in...."
"What…?" She trailed off.
"Is mine," I smirked, as she stared at me in a mix of horror and shock.

To be Continued…