Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Silver dreams ❯ I Don't want to Leave... ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13 I don't want to Leave

Shiri's POV

My role in this place is more confusing to me now than it ever was… I feel like I am in the way of something or more specifically someone. I sighed softly and opened my eyes. The fire went out a while ago it seems. I look over my shoulder to see Youko and Kuronue fast asleep. I had seen their previous moment, how Kuronue had kissed him, so softly and sadly… Hell I couldn't help but feel sorry for batboy; he had known Youko so much longer than I… and cared for him so very deeply. Yet what could I do? Youko made his own decisions… and he obviously didn't feel for Kuronue what Kuronue felt for him or at least not to that extent.

"What am I going to do now?" I muttered quietly to myself.

I decided to go outside and get more familiar with Youko's territory, that and

I needed to clear my head a little. I looked back to see if I had woken them with my movements, but as far as I could tell, both remained asleep.

"Finally I can relax," I sighed, gazing around.

Anywhere I look there are plants of every kind. Most of them are highly dangerous demonic creations, so naturally I attempt to avoid those. Their beauty is merely a ruse to trick by passers. It is actually rather cruel of Youko, to lure them into the beauty only to be devoured or cut by razor sharp thorns. I shivered as I thought about that and moved back a little. It was a mistake though as Youko's vines ensnared me. I struggled some but it only served to have them tighten around me. So I growled and tried to freeze them but alas that proved unsuccessful as well. Time was running out for me as these plants are very strong and empower themselves by draining my energy. All of the sudden before I succumbed to a world of darkness, my bonds were released and I was caught in the arms of Youko.

"Shiri, are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes, I'll be fine," I replied.

He calls back the demonic vines and holds me tightly to his chest. "I am really going to have to do something about those," he breathed. "Until I can get them accustomed to you I am going to have to remove them. What would be the point of my freeing you only to have something I created kill you? I promise that when I return I will get you… Well, aquatinted so to speak."

"Aquatinted?" I giggled. "Do we have a conversation or something?"

"No, no, nothing like that. They need to grow used to your aura. That will take time that we don't have right now. Kuronue and I have some business to attend to first," he explained.

"I know, I know, I was only kidding," I smiled.

"Oh, I see," he said, returning my smile.

Youko helped me to stand and brushed some of my hair from my face. His touch was gentle and comforting and I found myself leaning into it. Closing my eyes I fell limp in his arms, surrendering to the strength and safety.

"Was Kuronue right?" He questioned in no more than a whisper.

My eyes shot open and went impossibly wide when I felt his lips gently rest upon mine. What was Youko doing!? As if sensing my bewilderment and panic Youko pulled away from me and released me from his arms.

"What was that?" I asked stunned.

He turned his back to me and hung his head somewhat. "That was me losing control. I am sorry Shiri," he apologized, beginning to walk back to the den.

However I reached my hand out and captured his wrist. "Don't go just yet… Stay here and talk to me," I pleaded, tugging at his wrist enough to make him face me.

He looked at me only for a brief moment before turning away from me again in embarrassment.

"You mumbled something about Kuronue, what was it?" I asked.

"He… he said that I had gone… soft for you," he responded.

I let out a small noise of surprise. "Well if it's any consolation… I don't mind," I confessed.

He seemed shocked by my comment, and then he smiled and pulled me into another embrace. "You know this is weird for me… Nothing of this sort has ever happened to me. Usually when a woman crosses my path… Well you know…" He trailed off.

I smiled back and fell into his warmth. "I know Youko, I know; and given your reputation it is indeed weird that I feel so safe in these very arms," I responded.

Youko chuckled and raised my face to his. "Yes, I think Kuronue was right, I have gone soft for you," he confirmed, before kissing me softly once more.

It was the strangest sensation; it didn't feel at all like a kiss. No, it was more like a feather being brushed across my lips. So strange… He was known for being so brash and violent, so how could he be this gentle? I tore my lips from his and clung to him nearly sobbing. He was right, I did belong to him. I could never leave him now. The warmth, the safety… the freedom he gave me. He gives me everything I ever wanted and I knew I could never leave.

To be Continued…