Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Silver dreams ❯ Word's Out. ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

4Written by: Shinigami_chylde

Author's note: Hello everyone, sorry I haven't posted anything for a while but I had trouble with this chapter and then of course school started and I totally got caught up with that… But here it is now and we hope it was worth the wait.

Disclaimer: I hold no ties to Yu Yu Hakusho what so ever… So you can't sue me!

Silver Dreams: Chapter 14: Word's Out…

Kurama's POV

I can't help but feel calm and relaxed around Shiri, and that feels weird. No person, save for Kuronue, has ever had such a profound effect on me, especially not one as profound as this. This is a girl that I want to protect and be with, perhaps even make my mate… I am not sure what it was that made me spare her life that faithful day, maybe deep down I had always known that there was something special about her. Heh, listen to me, the great self-proclaimed `King of Thieves' talking this way about a girl. Perhaps I should make her take a blood oath to never speak of this soft side of me... Hey I did it to Kuronue.

I smile slightly at my own personal brand of humor and look down at Shiri. She is clinging to me nearly sobbing and clearly in her own world. She seems so happy to be here with me now… So much so that I even regret the blood oath line, even if it wasn't spoken aloud. Besides I know that deep down I can trust her, she doesn't seem to be one who would go against her words. I wrap my arms around her waist tighter and hold her to me possessively; this is my vixen and no one shall take her from me.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Kuronue's voice snickers.

He startles both Shiri and I, and my young vixen quickly lets go of me. I however, maintain my strong hold around her waist. She stares up at me baffled for a moment before turning her attention to the bat winged pest. I smile to myself as a look of annoyance crosses her face; Kuronue was never one for timing, or even tact for that matter.

"Do you need something? Or do you just enjoy to play voyeur in your spare time?" she questions coolly.

Before our intruder could respond the mournful howls of a wolf pack reached our ears. Shiri cringed at the sound.

"What in the hell is that?" Kuronue asked, covering his ears.

"It is my father's pack. My village must have just gotten word that I am not returning…" Shiri guessed.

My ears continued to ring even after the howls had faded away. Shiri clenched her fists starring out into the direction that the howls had come from.

"Is there something wrong Shiri?" I ask.

"Hmm? Oh, it's nothing… it's just that…" She trailed off.

"What?" I urge.

"I am praying that my brothers took me seriously," she states.

"Oh?" Kuronue chimes in.

"You see… I told them that if they ever came back to get me… That… that I would let Youko kill them," Shiri choked out.

"Oh," The bat demon responded.

I hold Shiri even tighter to me if that is possible and growl deeply, bearing my canines. I would fight for her if I had to. Kuronue smiles ruefully and leaves us to our privacy. For as tactless as he is, he still did know that is was a private moment and that he should take his cue.

Shiri looks up at me slightly amused and asks. "Possessive much?"

I only return her gaze and shrug.

"Just do me one favour… If, if they do come for me… Spare Mirak," Shiri pleads. "He and mother were the only ones who cared."

I nod to her. "Alright, if it means that much to you, then I will."

"Thank you Youko," she smiles sweetly. "That means so much to me."

I smile back and kiss her one more time. It is so strange and yet so right. She leans into our union and wraps her arms around my neck. My smile broadens when we separate and she gazes at me with trust and happiness in her oceanic eyes.

"Uh, I am sorry to interrupt the moment again but, we do have some business to discuss Kurama," Kuronue states seriously.

I release my vixen and nod. "You're right," I reply.

Shiri looks between Kuronue and myself before heading inside to let us discuss our plans.

To Be Continued…