Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Silver dreams ❯ A Bad Omen ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Written by: Shinigami_Chylde Friday, January 28, 2005
 
Authors Note: Ok, ok… blame EXAMS this time… They are coming up very soon and my BETA and myself are running around like chickens with our heads cut off, trying to get everything done! So… If we are late in other chapters after this… just bomb our school or something, then we'll be free.
 
Disclaimer: I it wasn't mandatory to do this… I would stop, because OBVIOUSLY I am never going to own it!
 
Chapter 17: A Bad Omen.
 
Kuronue's POV
 
Kurama releases Shiri and follows me back to his den. I guess I should have let them have more time together but Kurama and I have plans to discuss. He knows as well as I that business comes before pleasure, especially right now at this important time. Our plan to raid the Palace of the Demon world must be laid out now. Tomorrow is the chance we have both been waiting for; the lord of the palace will be away, taking half of his guards with him.
 
“It'll be perfect Kurama,” I say with a grin.
 
“Yes, but remember Kuronue, there are still traps around the palace and the guards he will be leaving there will be very strong.” Kurama warns.
 
“Have no fear partner, I've taken that into consideration. There is a section along the wall that seems to be less guarded than the rest. It should be a simple task for the two of us to just kill whoever is there and sneak into the palace,” I inform him.
 
The spirit fox looks at me quizzically. “How long were you there for?”
 
“I camped out in the forest around different points of the castle for seven days and observed their patterns. The guards change every six hours, but their numbers always remain the same. Also every time I change the location of my camp I was able to pick out the traps that are laid in the forest. They are fairly strong but easy to avoid, as they are large, mainly there to scare would be thieves and assassins. However I know from hearsay and other experienced demons that there are smaller, less obvious, but far more deadly traps hidden amongst the larger ones. That is what we will have to watch out for.” I answer.
 
“Do you know where they could be?” Kurama enquires.
 
“Not fully, but the most likely choices would be to the North, North-East, East, South-East, South, South-West, West, and North-West, almost directly near the points where the larger traps are positioned. So if I am correct there should be a small opening to slip through between each point where the small traps hide, we just need to look carefully and be cautious about it. It'll be close, but I am sure the two of us will manage,” I reply.
 
Kurama smiles, “Of course! Nothing is impossible for the King of Thieves!” (1)
 
“Bloody self centered kitsunes,” I mutter jokingly.
 
“What? I can't help the truth…” He grins.
 
I return the grin with more evil intentions, “Oh? Is that so? Well then oh high and mighty one, who gave you this nickname?” I ask.
 
If Kurama were anybody else, he would have blushed furiously at this and remained silent… We both knew it was a self-proclaimed title, but Kurama told me once that it was really only his opinion that mattered. So being who he was and what he had once said Kurama just brushed it off as if I had never made the comment.
 
“Alright, being serious once again. I have come up with the have you come up with the prize?” I question.
 
He nods to me. “ Indeed, there is a very rare and precious mirror guarded in that palace. I is beautiful and worth a fortune, it should be a fine addition to our collection.”
 
Very well then, it's all settled. We should leave tomorrow at about sunrise; it will be the best use of time. But for the time being, let us just relax. Shall we go outside and get some air?” I suggest, gesturing to the mouth of the cave.
 
He nods to me and rises from the ground to stride gracefully to the opening. I watch him silently, admiring his grace and elegance. It pains me that such a thing of beauty can never be mine. Upon noticing that I am not following me he turns and gives me a confused stare… How adorable he looks with that expression on his face and the light hitting him in just the right angle… I sigh and get up myself, following him outside. As soon as we are seated he scans around the outside of the lair for Shiri, finally spotting her he stops, and just watches her silently.
 
“Can't keep your eyes off of her can you?” I ask in a quieted tone.
 
Kurama's ears twitch slightly, but other than that he doesn't move. However, a nearly inaudible “forgive me,” does escape his lips. I feel my face scrunch into a bit of a frown and I grab his chin to make him face me. He looks very shocked by my actions.
 
“Stop this Kurama,” I say seriously. “No more apologies. It is not meant to be, between friends. No one should have to say they're sorry for what they feel. Besides, fate is not something that can be tampered with, and your fate…” I set my gaze over to the girl whom Kurama chose to be his own, “is to be with her,” I state.
 
“So then…” he begins slowly. “What is your fate?”
 
“My fate?” I sigh. “My fate has yet to be decided by the gods,” is the enigmatic reply I leave him with. However, deep I my heart I know that they have decided, and I know that whatever decision was made for me, is a bad one.
 
 
To be continued…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2