Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Silver dreams ❯ Aid from a mother ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Written by: Shinigami_Chylde.

 

Author's note: Sorry it's been a while since my last update… I have been busy with school and my BETA reader has been busy with a project of her own… However now without further adieu, Chapter 16!

 

Disclaimer: Looks in wallet… Well I ain't rich so I still must not own it.

 

Chapter 16: Aid from a mother…

 

Shiana's (Shiri's mother) POV

 

I look outside the window of my room and try to patiently wait for the sun to completely set. Hopefully Mirak understood to meet me by the edge of the village alone, without either Shirak or my mate. I need to speak with just him and find out a bit more of what had happened to my child. Clutching my cloak in my hands I watch as the sun finally sets completely behind the mountains. Silently and carefully I slip out of my room and into the shadows to head to the edge of the village. I wait for about ten minuets or so until Mirak finally shows up.

 

"Sorry I'm late mother but Shirak takes quite a long time to fall into a deep enough sleep for me to actually leave without his notice." He pants trying to catch his breath.

 

"That's alright Mirak I understand" I nod.

 

He straightens himself and asks, "So why did you want to see me and why all the way out here?"

 

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened with Shiri, and do it without you father or bother freaking out." I explain carefully.

 

"That makes sense seeing as they both are takings this way out of proportion…" he grumbles. "They won't seem to listen to me that…" he quickly cuts himself off.

 

"That…what?" I question slightly worried.

 

He motions for me to be quiet and I watch as he scans the edge of the forest before he suddenly pulls one of the village boys out of the surrounding brush.

 

"Put me down! I didn't do anything!" the boy yells.

 

"I highly doubt that," Mirak states. "Now tell me what you are doing out here," my son demands.

 

The boy looks away from him, refusing to respond.

"If you won't tell us what you are doing than I am afraid I am going to have to…" Mirak lets his sentence drop and places a finger on the boy's forehead. Instantly the boy's eyes clouded over. "We were never here… You were merely returning home from a walk in the woods and lost track of time." Mirak told the boy before sending him towards the village. Mirak then turns to me, "There, now he won't remember a thing."

 

I begin to laugh slightly and Mirak gives me a funny look. "Now I know how you get yourself out of trouble," I explain.

 

Mirak smiles to me sheepishly, "Uh, yeah…"

 

I shake my head in bewilderment and disbelief. " I am amazed at how similar you and Shiri are to one another." He sighs softly so I get my thoughts back on track. "What were you saying before we were interrupted?" I ask.

 

"Everyone knows that I have the ability to read one's aura… but what most do not know is from that reading I also get a glimpse into their hearts, and in some cases their future. I saw into Kurama's heart and soul, he loves Shiri and truly means no harm by her. However father and Mirak do not believe me, they are only looking for a reason to kill the Youko," Mirak explains.

 

"I believe you my son, and I know that she will be fine. Shiri is a smart girl, but there is something you must do for me. You must go back to Youko's den and find your sister, when you do, give her this," I hand him a crimson choker made of a velvet band and gold crescent moon. "This will ensure your sister's safety if something should go awry. The gold on that necklace is enchanted with my powers and will send her to the human realm," I explain.

 

"Mother you can't be serious! The human realm!?" He gasps.

 

"Yes, Mirak, the human realm. I would rather know she is safe among them then in danger among us," I say softly.

 

Mirak takes the necklace from my hands and gently pockets it. "Alright mother, if it means that much to you than I will do it."

 

"Thank you Mirak. Now it's getting late. We should return to our quarters as not to arouse any suspicion." I say, as I turn to go back to the village. All I can do for my daughter now is pray for the safety of her and her new companions and stop my husband from making a hasty decision.

 

To be continued…