Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Solitary Rose ❯ Greetings To Bust ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Me: Okay! Another one!

Hiei: You sure you can handle it?

Kurama: Of course she can. She has enough sugar in her body, doesn't she?

Me: [Smiles] Yup!

Kuwabara: What's this one about?

Me: You'll see. By the way, I didn't want to give this away, but somewhere in the story, Hiei falls in love. I wonder with whom?

Kurama: [Looks at you] What kind of story is this, by the way?
 
Me: -_-… It's not a gay fan fiction okay? Hiei falls in love with a girl, but that's all I'm saying.

Kurama: Anything else you want to say?

Me: Nope. Start the story.

~*Chapter 1*~

~`Pause`~

Me: Wait! I forgot to say-I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho! On with the story!

~*Continue Chapter 1*~

Sabishii walked through the hall, trying to ignore the rumors going around. She picked up some information regarding a new student, but she didn't pay it much mind. The students didn't realize she could hear every word they said. Nothing in Takenaka High School happened that she didn't know. Her amber eyes traced the numbers on the lockers as she passed. Stopping at locker 113, she reached out her hand to open it. The silver pendant on her glove shone in the light of the halls. Suddenly a force pushed her to the ground and her book fell out of her arms. Black and white streaks of hair were blurring the vision in front of her. Her rear end made contact with the ground and she winced. Sabishii stared at her books and sighed. She got on her knees and reached out her hand to pick up the books when someone kneeled next to her. She looked up and her amber eyes met with green ones. The boy smiled, tucking a red lock of hair behind his ear. He started to pick up some books himself. Sabishii had picked up three books, which she noticed weren't hers. She and the boy stood up, then exchanged books.

”I'm sorry I bumped into you. I thought I was late for class, but in reality, I have 20 minutes to get to homeroom,” the boy held out his hand. “I'm Minamino, Shuiichi. Your name is…” Sabishii looked at his hand and reluctantly shook it. Shuiichi's eyes widened. Her hand was cold as ice-and it was 70 degrees outside.

”Hitenjurai, Sabishii. Likewise.” Sabishii noticed the expression on Shuiichi's face. She withdrew her hand and looked down, trying to remember where she's heard that name before. “Thank you for helping me with my books. You're new here?” Sabishii's eyes narrowed, picking up a bitter whisper.

”Why is that cutie Minamino talking to that witch?”

Sabishii's eyes turned back to their normal expression and she turned around, opening her locker. Shuiichi opened the one right next to hers. Sabishii sighed. She knew what he was, already. She knew whom he hung out with. She knew which crowd he ran with. That didn't surprise her much. She arranged her books in her locker and picked out a textbook for the next period.

”I've been here for about three days now. I transferred in from Meiou High. Would you mind if-” Sabishii cut Shuiichi off.

”You're friends with Sunora?” Sabishii's eyes shifted to Shuiichi. The coldness in them made him wonder what was in her, but he decided to leave it for later.

”Yes. How did you know?” Shuiichi looked at Sabishii questioningly. She raised her hand and pointed behind him. Sure enough, there was a group of girls approaching them. The leader's name was Kuchin, Sunora. Shuiichi sighed. He was hoping to avoid them today. Sunora flipped her brown hair behind her and fixed her red eyes on Shuiichi.

”Walk me to class, Shuiichi?” The other girls giggled as Sunora expected an answer. Shuiichi politely smiled.

”Actually, I was wondering if someone would show me around. The principal suggested I'd ask Sabishii to show me the ropes,” Shuiichi looked at Sabishii and she raised an eyebrow. The principal didn't exactly like her. Neither did the teachers. She looked into Shuiichi's eyes. They had a hint of plead in them.

”Sure, Shuiichi. I'd love to,” Sabishii took Shuiichi's hand and started to walk pass the group of girls. “Good luck with that lice problem, Sunora. Maybe that's why you have split ends.” As Sabishii walked away, she could hear a bunch of curses behind her. She had let go of Shuiichi's hand and started to her tour.

”Tell me the truth, Minamino.”

”What do you mean?” Shuiichi paused and looked at Sabishii.

”Why you wanted to get rid of them, why you used me to get rid of them, and FYI, the teachers never suggest on me doing something with the new “promising” students,” Sabishii turned and looked into Shuiichi's eyes again.

”You caught me. One, they're my fan girls and although I'm flattered by it, I really don't want to be near them trying to get close to me. Two, who said I used you just to get rid of them; I really do want to hang out with you. Three, why don't they? Four, “promising” students?” Shuiichi stared at the light in Sabishii's eyes. They made her amber eyes seem white. They made her seem hallow and ghostly.

”In that order… I noticed. Two, I really don't expect popular people to hang out with me, neither the less be around me. Three, I have no idea. Maybe it's because I'm different. Four, you went to Meiou High-which has got to be the top high school in Tokyo, your transcripts are very impressive, and you have won six city wide competitions in chemistry, biology, art, math, spelling, and math.” Shuiichi's eyes widened. That summed up almost everything about his formal school life. “How do I know, you say? Lucky guess, really. You seem like it.”

”Impressive. So, what about this school makes it so tough?”

”Definitely not the students; I can tell you that. It's probably the subjects. You know, martial arts, swordsmanship, archery, etc. The only reason students are transferred to this school is because they have impressive grades and don't have to continue their education until college.”

”Then why do you single out some students?”

”Some students here are considered promising. Others are considered to be here because of pure luck.”

”Which one are you?”

”You don't get around much, do you? I'm here because I'm here. I'm pretty much a group on my own. I'm an outcast from this school, the student body, and society.”

”Really? I've never heard an answer like that before. I expected you to say punk at least.”

”That's my old title. Right now, I suggest you stay away from the girly girls for a while. The last guy that was with them was rumored to have turned into a girly man.” Shuiichi slightly chuckled.

”I have no problem with keeping my distance from them. As long as you stay by me.”

”Okay then. Counting on the way you look, you'd get eaten alive in this school. Takenaka's nothing to be messed with.”

”I look forward to it. Have any friends that showed you around when you were here?”

”No. I took one step through these halls and they knew I didn't belong here.” Sabishii reached the gym.

”Where's the boys' gym around here?” Shuiichi asked.

”The boys gym and the girls gym is this one. There's no need for gym uniforms or changing or any of that. You grew up in a safe place. It's time to get dangerous. Grab a sword.” They were inside the gym now, with a few students sparring with each other. Shuiichi's eyes widened. Those were real swords. Sabishii snickered.

”Isn't this a bit too extreme?” Shuiichi asked.

”No. The swords are dull; don't worry. Only the elite students get the real swords. There's only about three of them, but there's another new student that came in yesterday that shows a lot of determination. I believe he's over there tearing up a dummy.” Shuiichi's eyes widened.

”HIEI?!” The boy turned around and almost fell over.

”Kurama, what are YOU doing here?” Hiei's red eyes were still in shock. His black spiked hair seemed more stuck up than usual and the white star burst looked as if it was spreading.

”The issue is; what are you doing in school?” Shuiichi asked, when he suddenly noticed what Hiei had called him.

”Who the heck is Kurama?” Shuiichi turned to Sabishii, whom was listening to the whole thing, being right next to him and all.

”I can-I mean he-uh oh…”Shuiichi backed up. Sabishii grabbed his collar and pulled him down.

”I'll give you ten seconds to tell me before I pummel you to the ground. Do not mess with the top rookie of Osaka.” Shuiichi started to sweat. He knew she wasn't the one to fall for the old nickname excuse. He was trapped.

~*End Chapter*~

Me: What you guys think?

Yusuke: I wasn't in it!

Kurama: So early and I get busted.

Me: Who said you're going to get busted? Jeez.

Hiei: Hmph.

Me: Anyway, R&R please!