Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sorry I'm Broken ❯ Adrenaline ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm dead to the world. Lost in myself.

The silence slowly eating me away.

I'm sorry I couldn't be perfect.

So sorry I was just being me.

But I suppose it wouldn't matter,

Since I'm gone. Much to your glee.

- Ria Takara [Me]

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

Your POV

When my eyes opened, I found that my world was a hazy oblivion. Everything was dark and distorted. I blinked multiple times, only to find that made my situation worse. I don't like not being able to see… it makes me feel venerable. Though not the type of vulnerability people experience everyday. Alas, my current situation took over once more and I found I was not able to think, due to the immense pain in my temples.

My vision cleared soon enough, and as my eyes adjusted to the darkness I found I didn't know where I was. The room looked more like a prison cell you'd find in a 'Women In Jail' classic. There was the routine bunk-bed, the chains on the wall, the sink and the toilet. Though I would think I was smart enough not to use those.

Drips of water echoed throughout the quietness, and it only worsened the musky smell of a decaying corpse and burning flesh. All of this soon led me to wonder as to why I was here, and how I got here. Everything was a blur to me. I remember the bitter cold rain… the licking flames… then there was that man… then…everything after that is a muddled mess.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

After some time of trying to remember what had happened, I heard the sound of metal rattling. Most likely keys of some sort. Then to my surprise, this… thing that was a sickening shade of green, and had to what I may believe were scales opened the bar door to my cell.

He grinned at me, flashing his stomach churning yellow teeth to me. They made me want to gag. When he was standing not even two feet away from me, he harshly grabbed my upper arm and pulled me to my feet. On instinct I flinched and squirmed, but he had a far greater grip then I thought. He proceeded to lead me down a hall of cells, till we reached two large blue doors, which seemed to open on their own accord.

When they fully opened, I was blinded by the brilliant white light. The supposed guard then pushed me into the room, and I found that the light died down. When the continuous white dots vanished from sight, I found myself in a large office like room. And in it were six other people besides myself. Though before I could look them over, my attention was consumed to behind the large yellow desk that had… a talking baby sitting behind it. …That's not normal.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

Regular POV

You just stood there, staring at Koenma in mild horror. A million things coursing through your mind. Your thought stream was broken though, when he cleared his throat, causing you to involuntary flinch. But you continued to stand there staring at him.

" Yes, well. Ms. (Last Name) I presume?" asked Koenma.

" No"

" … WHAT?!?! What do you mean 'No'?!?!"

" It's just (First Name)"

"…"

Your answer seemed to confuse the occupants of the room. You knew this, because it was absolutely obvious. You would explain to them. Explain to them that your last name burned away with the fire. You could explain a lot of things to them, but you left them with silence. You could almost imagine the gears in their heads turning at such a quick pace, just trying to figure it out, but it would only lead to a major migraine. But they soon enough gave up.

" Well… (Name). Do you know why you've been brought here?" asked the prince of Rekai.

" No…" you replied flatly.

He gave you a stern look, one that clearly said How-Do-You-Not-Know?-Or-Are-You-Being-Stupid. Then he looked you over, and nodded. For what, you may never know.

" You (Name), are a demon. And as such you have committed a crime by murdering a human"

Emotion deprived (Color) eyes widen slightly, as you stared at the toddler prince. Your mind not being able to process what he had just told you. It was that, or just the fact you didn't believe him. You've never been one for fantasies and superstitions. But maybe that's because you never had a childhood.

" Hn. She clearly doesn't believe you Koenma" stated Hiei.

" But it's true! She's a half ice half crystal demon!"

" ……… No. You're lying"

All eyes turned to you at the statement. By this time, your now glossy eyes had widened even more, and you were slowly backing away from them. Your back hit the wall, and you tried to make your way to the door. When you finally reached your ticket to what you thought was your salvation, Hiei's sword had jammed itself in the wall less then half an inch away from your head.

You were starting to get frantic, and adrenalin started to rapidly pump throughout your system. Your mind was yelling at you to run, but your body was frozen like a deer in headlights. You were staring at the metal, watching as it glinted like a snake's eye when it was in the heat of a hunt. Though you were soon staring at the boys again.

" (Name)…" Kurama started.

You didn't intend on letting him finish what he was going to say though. Your previously calm state which was gained by watching your house burn shattered, and now you were in a frantic state of hysteria. Fear clouded your senses, and you realized how much you felt like a mouse that was cornered by a cat.

Your animalistic instincts kicked in at that moment, and the only thing that ran through your mind was 'run'. So you did. You bolted out the door like hell was at your heels. You only vaguely heard the shouts of the other people behind you. You felt your heart collide painfully against your ribcage, but you could care less right now.

Your legs pumped with force you never knew you possessed, but even that couldn't help you when you felt arms encircle your legs, making you drop rapidly to the hard marble floor. Your jaw collided with the floor, but lucky enough your chest took most of the impact. You then felt someone sit on, and now you knew you couldn't get away.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

End Chapter Two. So, does anyone have any ideas for the next chapter? Oh and I'm having a vote. Hiei or Kurama for the pairing? Review please.