Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Strange New Case ❯ One Chase after Another ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2
A chase after another

Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Yu Yakusho but I do own all the people coming up and Michael (he’s still sexy and cute too) but I don’t want to give it away.

Michael stood in the middle of nowhere. He looked around and darkness surrounded him. All of a sudden the creatures that were chasing him before appeared and chased him. Michael ran as fast as he could but it seemed like he was glued to the ground. A dark figure that was ten times bigger than Michael appeared in front of Michael but Michael couldn’t run away. The shadow lean close to his face and the shadow transform his arm into a blade and lashed Michael’s face.
Michael’s eyes shot opened and he sat up in a cold sweat. His face was on fire. He put his hand upon his hurting face and felt a hot liquid. He pulled away and his whole hand was covered in his sliver blood. These dreams were getting more frequent. Michael prayed that they wouldn’t get as bad as they were before. He got up and flew towards a creek he saw nearby. He had to wash his wound and clear his head.
The bubbling creek was a reassurance to Michael. He dipped his hands and drank from the creek. Michael wiped the blood from wound across his nose. Michael was sure he was alone but he wasn’t. He was being watched by three groups. One group or one person stayed in the trees watching Michael, the other group lunged at Michael and grabbed him and shoved him into a old bag and ran off. The person in the tree ran back to the group and shook the boys awake.
“What’s wrong Hiei?” Kurama asked.
“Michael was kidnapped.” Hiei explained.
Hiei knew that if he waited any longer, he would lost the abductors so He jumped through the trees, trying to catch up with the kidnappers, not waiting for the others. He spied them through the tree and landed in front of the demons. They appeared human but Hiei could sense they were demons. There were only five and their spirit energy wasn’t that great. Hiei pulled out his katana and positioned himself to fight.
A cocky demon stepped forward to fight. He lunged at Hiei, fist flying. With one swift motion, Hiei sliced the demon in half, and knocked him away. Hiei didn’t wait for another one to attack. Hiei sliced one after another. Blood was all over the ground with dead bodies. Finally only one demon was left and before the guy could do anything, Hiei stabbed him. The bag that held Michael fell, but before it could hit the ground, a hand grabbed out and snatched it.
The hand belonged to a tall girl with wild, lime green hair. Her lips were covered by her cape. There was a nasty scar across her left eye. Her violet eyes gazed at Hiei. None of them moved for a few seconds, they just stared at each other, waiting for the other to attack. Hiei knew that this girl wasn’t a demon but she wasn’t exactly human either. Hiei was the first to launch an attack. He lunged at the girl with super speed. Any other human would have been dead before they could even blink but not the girl. She quickly snatched her long dagger out of her sheath and blocked the attack with one hand.
A boy with blond bangs popped out of nowhere. The girl tossed the bag at the boy.
“Take him to a safe place. I got business to attend.” The girl ordered. The boy grumbled but obeyed.
Hiei launched at barrage of attacks that no human can dodge. The girl didn’t dodge, she blocked, all of them. Now it was the girl’s turn. She didn’t use much force but her speed was remarkable. Hiei blocked every one of the attacks. They locked blades and used all their strength to block out the other. Suddenly, the girl’s dagger snapped in half but before Hiei could slash her, the girl grabbed a small dagger out of her boot and blocked that attacked easily.
Meanwhile...
The boy with blond bangs swung the bag around, not caring for the fragile package inside. He started whistling a happy tune. He accidentally on purpose swung the bag at a tree. Michael was knocked out, but that bump awoke him.
“What are you trying to do? Kill me?” Michael asked from inside the bag.
“If only.” The boy muttered
“Justin? Is that you?” Michael asked.
“The one and only.”
“Can you let me out?” Michael asked Justin. Justin paused.
“No.”
“Drop the bag.” Yusuke ordered. He jumped down from a tree followed by Kurama. Kuwabara fell out.
“Maybe I don’t want to.” Justin remarked.
“You better or we’ll fight you and trust me, you don’t want to fight us.” Yusuke warned.
“Oh really.” Justin grinned. He pulled out a shinning sword out of his scabbard. “Come on and fight!” Justin shouted.
“I’ll take you on.” Kuwabara volunteered. He made a blazing sword out of his spirit energy.
Kuwabara lunged at Justin. He blocked it with one hand and yawed. Kuwabara tried to attack his head but Justin easily blocked it.
“Is that the best you can do?” Justin asked. “I thought you would be a challenge.” Kuwabara’s rage was boiling. He jumped up and tried to bash Justin’s head in but Justin jumped out of the way. Justin was about to bring his sword upon Kuwabara when Kurama whipped out his rose whip and smacked Justin across the cheek. Blood oozed out and covered his right cheek. Justin was so surprise, he dropped the bag and Michael rolled out. Yusuke jumped onto the scene and grabbed Michael.
“Time to get out of here.” Yusuke ordered.
“Wait, Justin won’t hurt me.” Michael told Yusuke.
“He won’t?”
“No, he’s not my friend but he doesn’t really want to hurt me.” Michael explained.
“All right, now you’re going to get it.” Justin lunged at Kuwabara with speed but Michael got in his way before he could strike. “Get out of the way.” Justin ordered Michael.
“No, Kuwabara is my friend and he was only protecting me cause he thought you were hurting me.” Michael explained.
“This sucks. I wanted to fight.” Justin sighed. Michael glanced around.
“Where’s Hiei?” Michael asked.
“I don’t know.” Yusuke answered
“Is Hiei the guy fighting Arwen?” Justin asked.
“Hiei is fighting Arwen?!” Michael said, astonished.
“I guess so.”
“We got to find them before they kill one other.” Michael dashed off. The others followed.
Meanwhile...
The girl fighting Hiei was in a losing battle. She felt her strength depleting. She couldn’t keep going. She wasn’t as fast as she was in the beginning of the battle. She didn’t notice Hiei kicking her in the dirt. Hiei was about to strike down on the helpless girl when Michael appeared out of nowhere and blocked the attack. Hiei had enough control to stop it right on Michael’s skull. Sliver blood trickled down his forehead. A blur crashed into Hiei and knocked him to the floor. A blond hair girl came out of the trees followed by a black cat with glasses.
“Are you okay?” The girl immediately asked. She noticed the blood on his forehead. “You’re bleeding. Don’t worry, I have,” The girl dug into her pockets and pulled out something and held it in front of Michael’s face. “A Band-Aid.”
“You make it sound like he was mortally wounded, Meagan.” The girl remarked, getting up from the dirt.
“I just don’t want him to have a scar.” Meagan remarked.
“Get off me!” Hiei ordered the brown haired girl on top of him, pinning him to the ground.
“No!” She said defiantly.
“Rebecca, get off him.” Michael ordered. Rebecca obeyed. The boys came crashing through the trees.
“Okay, let me introduced everybody.” Michael pointed to the boy with blond bands but the rest of his hair was an almond brown color. His eyes resembled the deep green like Kurama’s. “This is Justin.” Justin waved to everybody. Michael pointed to the blond girl with a bright yellow dress that reflects her personality. Her brown eyes where cheerful and happy. “And this is Meagan.”
“Hi.” She waved with a smile on her face. Michael pointed to a brown haired girl with deep blue eyes. She had a strong build. She offered her hand to help Hiei up but Hiei refused. “That’s Rebecca.” Michael pointed to the green haired girl leaning against a tree. “And this is Arwen.” Michael smiled at her. Nobody saw it but Arwen was smiling back. “Last but not least...where’s Steven?” Michael asked.
“He was right here.” Meagan pointed on the ground. There were thick glasses on the ground. Meagan picked them up.
“And Kuwabara is missing too.” Yusuke pointed out. Suddenly, a ear-piercing cat like scream filled the air. A black cat came flying though and hid behind Meagan’s legs.
“I just want to pet you kitty.” Kuwabara came crawling on his hands and knees, cooing the cat. Meagan picked up the cat and placed the glasses upon the cat.
“This is Steven.” Michael introduced. “And this is Kuwabara, Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei.”
“Can I please have the kitty?” Kuwabara asked.
“NO! I’m not going to reduce myself to be called kitty, cutie, Tiger or anything crappie like that! I will not hear of it!” Steven shrieked. Kuwabara and Yusuke stared.
“What?” Steven asked, confused.
“I don’t think they ever heard of a talking cat.” Meagan explained.
“Oh, well, I’m not a talking cat. I’m a human boy trapped in a cat’s body.” Steven explained.
“We got a camp set up already, would you like to join us?” Kurama offered
“Sure.” Meagan accepted. The group went back to the campsite where they started a fire again and sat around and talked.
“Sorry for attacking you guys. We thought you we going to hurt Michael.” Kurama apologized.
“We thought you were going to hurt Michael.” Rebecca remarked.
“I’ve never felt so loved.” Michael remarked. “Ow, that hurt.” Michael whined.
“If you weren’t moving so much, it wouldn’t hurt.” Meagan told Michael as she gently washed Michael’s cuts with a tiny piece of cloth.
“What happened to your nose?” Arwen asked.
“I got cut by those humans.” Michael lied. Hiei and Arwen knew it but they didn’t say anything.
Meagan took a Band-Aid and tore in half and strapped it around Michael’s forehead and on Michael’s nose.
“There, all done.” Meagan clapped her hands together. Kurama chuckled. “What’s so funny?” Meagan asked.
“You treat Michael like a toy doll.” Kurama answered.
“I do not. I treat him like an respectable...light elf.” Meagan protested.
“You’re a really bad liar.” Kurama remarked.
“So what if I do? Michael’s adorable.” Meagan grabbed Michael and hugged him tightly.
“Can’t breath.” Michael was able to choke out. Meagan didn’t hear him. When Meagan finally pulled him away, his eyes were closed and his tongue was hanging out.
“Michael, are you okay. I did it again.” Meagan sighed. A smile crept on Michael. “You meany, you were faking it.”
“Don’t try to kill me next time.” Michael requested. Kurama burst out laughing. Meagan joined in. Everyone looked at they like they were crazy.
“Shut up, I’m trying to sleep.” Justin mumbled.
“Well, excuse me.” Rebecca remarked.
“It’s bad enough that I had to get up in the middle of the night to go save Michael’s butt but now I can’t get to sleep.”
“Sorry, your majesty.” Michael sneered.
“I mean it, Michael. Don’t bug me.” Justin warned.
“And what are you going to do?” Michael asked stupidly. Justin grabbed Michael and slammed his head on the ground.
“Are you unconscious yet?” Justin asked.
“No.” Michael answered. Justin slammed Michael’s head on the ground.
“Are you unconscious yet?”
“Yes.” Michael answered. Justin did it one more time.
“Are you unconscious yet?” No answer. Justin released Michael and slept like a rock.
Eventually, everybody got to sleep.