Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Strange New Case ❯ What A Web We Weave ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5
What a web we weave

Wasn’t that chapter cool! I know some of you are going to point all the little mistakes out. I don’t care. I think it’s exciting. Best chapter yet.

Disclaimer: I don’t know Yu Yu Yakusho (I’m so tired of typing that)

“YEA!” Indrid cheered as he put four tally marks by his name on a dry-board. Koenma only had three. “I’m ahead.”

“Only by one.” Koenma pointed out.

“Who cares? I’m still winning. I’m going to be Judge of the dead before you know it.” Indrid grinned.

“What happened to that mature attitude?” Koenma asked.

Indrid, realizing his behavior, sat down quietly in his chair. It wasn’t as comfortable as Koenma’s but Indrid can wait. He was a little impressed that Arwen was that clever and Justin had that kind of will to survive.

“What’s going to happen next?” Koenma asked the psychic boy.

“I’m sorry; I can’t reveal that information to you.”

“Why not?”

“Because you’ll interfere and ruin everything.” Indrid explained.

“Fine, keep your psychic junk. I don’t want to know anyway.”

Meanwhile...

Justin lay on the ground motionless. His eyes flickered open and tried to sit up but his body refused. He couldn’t even move a finger.

“Uh, guys?” Justin called out to get attention. The others looked over him. “Why can’t I move?”

“It’s a miracle that you’re alive.” Yusuke remarked. “Being shocked like that would have killed you if it wasn’t for Michael.”

“You’re not answering my question. Why can’t I move?” Justin asked again. Everyone hesitated. “Well?” Hiei was the first one to give a straight answer.

“You can’t move because your body is paralyzed from being shocked so many times. You may never move again.” Hiei explained. Justin said nothing.

“Cheer up, at least you’re alive.” Yusuke pointed out. Justin gritted his teeth

“There’s no point of living if you’re stuck staring at the sky.”

“Sucks for you.” Michael remarked.

“Shut up, I saved your life.”

“And I’m grateful for it but that doesn’t stop me from laughing at you. Now you can’t hurt me anymore.” Michael started dancing in front of Justin’s face, snickering. Justin’s rage was boiling. He had very little patient when it comes to Michael. He took his two hands and SMACK! Michael became a hand sandwich.

“Well, what do ya know? I guess I can move.” Justin grinned.

“You’re killing me. You really are.” Michael choked out. Justin squished him even harder.

“Sucks for you.” Justin started cackling. His stomach growled nosily. He dropped Michael and looked at the others. “I’m hungry.” Justin sat up. He spied a pile of red berries sitting on a leave almost beckoning him.

“It’s no wonder. You were asleep for three days straight. We had to carry you.” Yusuke remarked. Justin tried to stand up to get to the food but he fell back to the earth.

“What the hell? What’s wrong with my legs?” Justin asked himself.

“You must be paralyzed from the waist down.” Hiei answered. Justin groaned.

“This isn’t fair; this isn’t supposed to happen to me. It’s supposed to happen to people who will never accomplish anything.” Justin whined. “At least I have Rebecca. Speaking of Rebecca, where is she?”

“There was no sign of her or the others when the castle collapsed. We don’t know if she’s...” Michael didn’t finish. Justin didn’t say anything. He just lied down and stared at the night sky. Nobody said anything after that. They just drifted off into dreamland, one by one.

Michael was the first one awake, then Hiei then Arwen and Yusuke and Justin were the last ones. They gathered berries and ate.

“Now what do we do?” Michael asked.

“We’re going to the nearest town.” Arwen answered.

“What about Justin? He still can’t walk.” Yusuke asked.

“Just leave me to die.” Justin requested.

“Okay.” Michael started heading off into the forest. Arwen stopped him.

“Let’s just carry him until we get to the town.” Hiei suggested. Everyone agreed with his plan except Justin.

“I don’t want to be carried.” Justin exclaimed.

“Tough luck.” Yusuke remarked as he helped Justin to his feet. Yusuke forced him onto his back and started carrying him.

They walked through the forest. Justin was grumbling the whole time. They didn’t even stop for food despite Yusuke’s and Justin’s pleads. Night came and they still didn’t stop. They just wanted to hurry up and get to the village. Rain started poring down and they were forced to stop. The group entered a cave to escape the rain.

The cave was dark and damp. Michael emitted a bluish glow from his body to light the way. They couldn’t make a fire so they ventured deeper into the cave. They soon came upon a beautiful, glittering, underground spring with a little geyser bubbling in the middle. Before anybody could take a sip of water, a beautiful woman with heavenly golden hair floated down from the ceiling and landed just a few inches above the water. Her hair was wavy and fell to her feet. Her white dress reflected her innocent. Her dazzling blue eyes gazed at the weary travelers.

“Why do you seek the grand enchantress? Do you wish for healing?” The woman asked.

“You can heal?” Yusuke asked. The lady nodded.

“Great. I can’t walk so if you can heal my legs, that’ll be great.” Justin exclaimed.

“I don’t do it for free though.” The woman interrupted.

“But we don’t have any money.” Justin looked like he was about to cry.

“I don’t want money. I want that light elf.” The lady requested. Michael turned pale.

“Can’t we figure out some other fee?” Arwen asked.

“No, I want that light elf.” The woman insisted.

“Why do you want me?” Michael asked in a fearful voice.

“You’re just the cutest thing in the world and I’m always lonely.”

“Go ahead and take him.” Hiei agreed. Everyone stared at him.

“Are you nuts!? We can’t give any Michael!” Yusuke exclaimed.

“We can steal Michael away once Justin is healed. That way we don’t have to carry Justin around.” Hiei whispered.

“Okay, fine. You can have Michael.” Yusuke agreed. Michael flipped out.

“What kind of friends are you! Just leave me here to die. You guys suck!” Michael shrieked.

“All right, hurry up and heal me so we can go.” Justin ordered. The enchantress motioned Justin to enter the water. He slid in. The water was cool and soothing. It seemed like all of his troubles washed away. The woman suddenly dunked Justin’s head into the water without warning. Justin was waving his arms underwater, trying to surface. He stopped as a strange sensation ran through his body. It drifted him off into sleep. The woman brought Justin up to the surface.

“When he wakes up, he’ll be fine. Now, I request that you take him and leave.” The woman commanded. Yusuke carried Justin with and Michael tried to sneak away. The lady grabbed him. “Where do you think you’re going?” The lady started caressing Michael. The group decided to wait and obtain him later.

The party went back to the mouth of the cave and waited till Justin was awake. When he finally awoke, he could walk. He could hardly contain his happiness.

“Look at me, I can walk.” Justin started to sing and march around. Arwen punched him in the kneecap to shut up him.

“Let’s go save Michael.” Yusuke commanded.

“Do we have to?” Justin asked.

“I’m afraid we have to.” Yusuke answered. Justin cursed.

The party marched back to the spring, weapons drawn. The place was barren. The spring disappeared. At first, the woman was nowhere to be seen. There was an eerie silence.

“This is just plain creepy.” Yusuke remarked. He took a step forward and the ground below him crumbled and the party fell into darkness. They landed on something that felt rubber but sticky.

“What the hell is this crap?” Yusuke asked as he tried to untangle himself.

“This may sound crazy, but I think it’s a spider web.” Arwen remarked.

“Yup, it does sound crazy.”

“I wish we could see where we are.” Justin remarked. Suddenly, the room light up dim lanterns. The party realized they were being held up by a barely visible, but strong rope. The ropes were connected in a design. There was no sign of the woman. Hiei looked around and spied a boy curled up. It was Michael.

“Michael!” Hiei called out to him. He didn’t move. Hiei called again. Michael didn’t answer. Hiei tried reaching for him but he couldn’t move. Hiei tried slicing it with his blade but it wasn’t in reaching distance. Hiei and the others struggled to escape.

“Escape is futile.” A voice out of nowhere spoke. The woman floated down and landed on the rope.

“What did you do to Michael?” Yusuke demanded.

“The same thing I’m going to do to you.” The woman answered

Her angel hair turned into a tangle mess of hot pink hair and her blue eyes turned into a horrific blood red. Her skin turned into a hairy black color. Arms started sprouting from her sides and fangs grew out of her mouth. Her legs became bony and flexible.

“It’s a giant spider!” Justin screamed.

“Yum, humans.” The giant spider licked her lips.

The others struggled even more to escape but that only got them more tangled. The spider crept closer to the helpless humans. They were like flies trapped in a spider’s web. Yusuke used his spirit energy to blast him away from the web. As he stood in mid-air, he fired his spirit gun at the spider. She easily dodged it. Yusuke landed and reached for Hiei’s katana but his feet were glued to the web. He barely got it before the spider lunged at him. Yusuke slashed the sword at the spider’s ugly face. The spider backed away and Yusuke cut the web that was holding him. He leaped to Hiei and started cutting the strands and freed Hiei.

“You get the guys, I’ll get the spider.” Yusuke commanded Hiei.

“Give back my katana.” Hiei snatched his sword out of Yusuke’s hand. Hiei leaped to the others and started slicing web strands. Yusuke fired many shots at the spider but its thick hide didn’t even leave a mark. Yusuke gritted his teeth. He’ll have to have a different approach but he didn’t have time to think. Yusuke just shot his shotgun just to buy time.

“Did you free the guys?” Yusuke asked Hiei. He was just cutting the strand that held the limp Michael.

“Yeah.” Hiei remarked.

“Good, now let’s get the hell out of here.” Yusuke remarked.

“How do we do that?” Arwen asked.

“I don’t know; that’s why I’m leaving it up to you guys. I’ll hold off the spider.”

“Not without me.” Justin joined into the fight. He leaped, sword drawn and jumped right on the back of the spider. Justin was about to jam his sword into the spider but the spider bucked him off. He landed right on the web again, glued to one spot. Justin started cursing. The spider crept towards the helpless Justin. He struggled with all his might to escape but he just got more tangled. Yusuke fired at it but the spider didn’t stop its pursuit. Arwen pulled a long dagger from her cloak and hurled it at the spider. It jammed right into the spider’s eye. It shrieked out in pain and clutched its eye. That was a big enough distraction to free Justin. Hiei leaped, blade drawn and instead of repeating Justin’s mistake, he sliced the spider in half. At first, it didn’t seem like anything happen and the spider started laughing.

“It’s impossible to kill me.” The spider cackled right before it split in half. The spider landed dead. The whole weight of the body weighed on the web and slowly broke the bonds of the web. The party fell into a deeper darkness.