Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Strange New Case ❯ Shampoo Sponsors ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6
Shampoo Sponsors

All of you Kurama-lovers are going to hate me after this next chapter

Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Yu Yakusho or Herbal Essence or Pantene Pro-V or Head and Shoulders. I know my chapters are really short and I apologize.

Kuwabara’s group had better luck than the others. For one thing, they were heading in the right direction and they weren’t attacked by a giant spider. They made it to a small village called Maston by sunset. The village was calm and tranquil. Some people were still out, mostly lovers. Street lamps lit up the quite town. There were many closed shops.
“Maybe the guys are waiting here already at the inn.” Meagan suggested. The others agreed and started walking down the cobbled streets, looking for a place to stay for the night. They found a cozy place to stay called the Three Star Inn. It looked pleasant enough. They entered and the first floor was like a restaurant. Waitresses were serving numerous people. The party walked up to a counter where a jolly man with a beard was standing. He glanced at the group.
“What can I do for you?” The man asked.
“Could you tell us if another group came with a boy with blond bangs?” Rebecca asked.
“Nope, sorry.”
“How bout a girl with green hair accompany by two boys. One has black hair and green eyes and the other one is short with tall black hair.”
“Never seen any of them.” The man answered. Rebecca’s face fell.
“Well...we would like two rooms with two beds in each of them.”
“You’re just in luck; those are the only rooms we have left. That’ll be ten sliver coins.”
Kuwabara started to worry. They didn’t have any money. They wouldn’t be able to stay.
“Here you go.” Meagan handed the man ten sliver coins. The man handed two copper keys.
“The last two doors on the right on the second floor. The hot springs are outside in the back. That’ll pay five more sliver coins.” The man explained.
“You got a hot spring?!” Meagan said excited.
“Yes, you can pay five sliver coins right now to get it.” The man explained. Meagan immediately paid.
“Enjoy.” The man remarked. The group thanked the man and left to the springs.
“Uh Meagan, none of us have bathing suit.” Rebecca reminded.
“Then I guess we’ll have to improvise.” Meagan smiled. Everyone went pale, realizing what Meagan is talking about. They walked out the back door where there were two ladies holding many towels.
“Welcome. You can have a private spring. One for the guys and another one for the girls.”
The woman smiled and handed them a towel and showed them to two springs. They were blocked off by a wooden wall. There was a dressing room for each gender. The group separated and undressed and entered the soothing hot spring. It was relaxing and just what the group needed. They relaxed in silence in separate springs. Meagan was the first to speak.
“I just realized something. Even if the guys were here, they wouldn’t be at the inn cause I have all the money.” Meagan remarked.
“I wonder where they could be.” Kurama said.
“They’ll show up. They always do.” Kuwabara assured.
“If only I had a brush, I’d be in heaven.” Meagan muttered.
“I have a brush you can use.” Kurama tossed a wooden brush over the wall.
“Thanks. What kind of shampoo do you use to get your hair all silky?” Meagan asked.
“Herbal Essence.”
“I use Pantene Pro-V. It helps damage hair like spilt-ends. I don’t like Herbal Essence. It makes your hair smell good but it doesn’t protect it.” Meagan said.
“I just use Head and Shoulders.” Kuwabara remarked.
“I used Pantene Pro-V but it dulled my hair and left it flat.” Kurama explained.
“It’s because your hair is so thin. My hair is thick so it works.”
“Hey, Steven.” Kuwabara called out. “Why don’t come in?”
“I don’t do water.” Steven answered.
“Come on-”
“I don’t do water.” Steven interrupted.
“It’s because he can’t swim.” Rebecca explained.
“I’ll teach him.” Kuwabara offered.
“And he’s afraid of water.” Meagan pointed out.
“I told you not to tell anybody!” Steven shouted.
“Oops.”
They talked for a little while longer in peace. They left the springs when they were sleepy and when to their rooms to rest. Kurama braided Meagan’s hair; Japanese style and Meagan braid his hair, American style. They went into their separate rooms and slept.
Steven was sleeping peacefully in the boys’ room on the floor until a horrible smell awoke him in the middle of the night. Steven sniffed again and realized that the smell was smoke. He jolted up and looked around the dark room. He could see the sleeping boys through the dark, seeing that he’s a cat. He leaped on Kurama to wake him up then jumped on Kuwabara.
“There’s a fire!” Steven screamed. Kurama bolted upright and jumped out of the bed. Kuwabara just rolled over. Kurama literately threw him out of bed. Kuwabara woke that time.
“We got to warn the girls.” Kurama remarked.
“We got to get out of here.” Kuwabara corrected. He almost opened the door but realized that the fire was just licking at the door. If he opened it, fire would engulf the room. Smoke entered the room, making it almost impossible to breath. Kurama noticed the window and threw it open.
“We got to jump.” Kurama coughed. Steven was the first to leap out. He landed perfectly on all fours. Kurama jumped out next. Kuwabara summoned his courage and leaped out of the second story window. He landed, spiraled on the ground.
There was a large group already standing in the night, observing the inn burning to the ground. Some were actually trying to put out the fire. The boys searched for the girls. They only found Rebecca.
“Where’s Meagan?” Kurama asked.
“I thought she was right behind me.” Was Rebecca’s only answer.
Kurama rushed back into the burning building without thinking. He burst through the door and the smoke immediately rushed into his lungs. He coughed violently, trying to call out Meagan’s name. He stumbled through, trying to see through the burning fumes. He tried to climb the staircase but it was collapsed. He was too late. He started to exit when he heard a small cough. It came from the stair. He glanced and Meagan was under a large beam from the fallen stairs. She was unconscious and helpless. Kurama tried to lift the beam off of her but he wasn’t strong enough. He lashed out his rose whip and sliced the beam in half. He picked up Meagan and carried her out of the burning building.
The others crowded around her. Meagan was burned and covered in ash. She coughed weakly and snuggled close to Kurama, not realizing it. He felt very awkward. A doctor from the crowd offered to assist Meagan’s burns. Kurama carried her to the doctor’s house. The doctor rapped bandages over the burns and let her and the others rest at his house. The fire eventually died down when the sun arrived.