Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Time! ❯ Lowes Theater ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

That night...Kurama, Hiei, and Zinnia were in Kurama's car and were headed to the movie theater. It was 6:10. "Kurama, can you turn on the radio...............por favor?"asked Zinnia. Kurama smiled.

"Sure, Zinnia."he turned on the radio and began searching through stations.

"Ooh! This is my jam!"shouted Zinna. "Holla Back, Girl."by Gwen Stefani. She began to sing. "few times been around that track! So its not just gonna happen like that! Cause I aint no holla back, girl! I aint no holla back girl!" Kurama chuckled.

Once they got to the movie theater Kurama parked in the parking lot. They all got out and closed the doors. kurama locked them with his...car remote thingy. They approached the front of the building were Yuske, Keiko, and Kuwabara were waiting. Zinnia was first greet their friends. "Hi you guys!"she said happily. Her eyes shifted to Keiko. "I have seen you for a while, Keiko." Of course as usual she covered up her wolf features. Kurama looked at his watch. It was 6:30. They all entered the theater. Unfortunately, they cant go into the movie yet because Mitari hadnt arrived yet.

Somewhere not far from the theater, a silver mini van was making its way through traffic. "Son listen, those bullies are never going to respect you unless you stand up to them."(this theory is so wrong! Cause Im still bullied!) explained Ms Kiyoshi as she drove her son to the movie theater. Mitari sat in the passenger side.

"Yes, mom....."he said quietly.

"And another thing: your little girlfriend is depending on you. Who's gonna protect be there when someone comes to take advantage of her. You need to watch out for her. She's so sweet.........." Mitari blushed.

"Mother.....she's not my-"

"And I was thinking.....maybe if we save up now we can afford a wedding in the Bahamas. It'll be so cute."

"Mother, she isnt-"

"I cant wait for you to bring me home some grandbabies!"she stopped in front of the movie theater. "Okay, sweetie, have a good time."she kissed her son's cheek. "I'll be here to pick you up at 9, okay?" Mitari nodded.

"Yes, mother..."he slowly stepped out the car and closed the door. The car drove off. Mitari entered the theater. Lowes Theater was huge. There was a ticket stand, the food stand, a large arcade, the bathrooms of course, and other neat stuff. He looked around for his friends.

"Hey! Mitari!"screamed a voice. He looked in the direction the voice came from and saw Zinnia running towards him. "Im glad you could make it!"she said happily. She took his hand and ran deeper into the theater. "Come on! The movie starts in 10 minutes!"she shouted as she ran through the crowd of people. "Everyone is waiting!" She stopped. "Um.....let's see....I believe the man said theater 12...."she looked down one hall then the other."That way!"she resumed running still with her grip on Mitari. They entered the theater room and sat with their friends in one of the middle rows. Kurama had already bought the popcorn. Here's how the seating went: Mitari was sitting at the end....out of some strange turn of events Hiei sat between him and Zinnia. Next to Zinnia was Kurama, then Kuwabara, then Yuske and last but not least Keiko. Zinnia passed out the candy. She threw Yuske the skittles, Keiko the twizlers, Kuwabara malted milk balls, and she simply handed Kurama his snickers bar since he was sitting next to her, she gave Hiei the milk way bar. He stared at it.

"What is this?"he asked unwrapping it. Zinnia smiled.

"Thats a Milk Way candy bar, big brother. Try it! It's good!"she explained. Hiei stared at her for a secoind then at the candy bar. He took a bite out of it. He found it quite tastey. Then she handed Mitari the butter finger bar. He stared at her.

"How......how did you know I liked butter finger bars?"he asked confused.

"Your mommy told me......she's really nice....I like her. She reminds me of my mother a little bit."Mitari blushed.

"Thank you..."he slowly began to eat the chocolate. But he was startled by something causing him to drop it onto the ground. The movie started.


About half way through the movie Keiko had slapped Yuske about 5 or 6 times for either trying to get fresh with her or trying to get fresh with another girl. Kuwabara would laugh crazily at certain times of the movie causing everyone to stare at the whole row they were sitting in. Kurama was just enjoying the movie. Hiei had seemed to really enjoy it. It seemed to beone of the few human things he actually liked. Mitari just quietly watched the movie. So did Zinnia. The whole theater roared with laughter after...uh....seeing a funny part...I havent seen Rebound yet. Wait! Dont tell me happens!

After the movie they all exited the theater and was now in the lobby. They all decided to leave after Mitari so he wouldnt be alone(awww....real friends!). It was 8:45....so his mother would be arriving within 15 mins or so. Zinnia was playing in the arcade, Yuske and Kuwabara were eating hotdogs, Keiko was talking to some cute guy for she was fed up with Yuske. Hiei chomping on several candy bars that his baby sister Zinnia so kindly bought for him. Kurama was in the bathroom. Mitari sat on the bench quietly.....that is until he heard a familar voice from the arcade.

"Go away........stop it!"whined Zinnia's voice from the arcade. Mitari quickly dashed over to the arcade to see what was going on. A group of girls were picking on poor Zinnia. And all these girls were from Meiou High, Kurama's school and were all great admirers of him or maybe I should say 'Shuichi Minamino'. Jealousy had risen inside every girl at school ever since they've seen Zinnia hanging around Kurama. The guy who they practically worshipped. They were about 5 girls. Poor Zinnia, could handle 5 human girls but of course she couldnt blow her cover as a demon.

"I cant believe it....."said the one girl holding up the wolf by her hair. Zinnia's feet dangled in the air due to her lack of height. Despite how painful with was Zinnia wouldnt let out a scream because it would come out more like a howl. "Why did Shuichi choose this little bimbo?"she asked her friends confused. Zinnia felt offended by the bimbo crack.

"Boy would I like to rake my claws over her....."thought the wolf demon to herself.

"Yeah, she's...............short......she cant be anymore than 12!"said the other girl.

"Im older then all of you put together...."thought Zinnia. Another girl stared at her.

"And what's with this bandana you got on?"she asked reaching for it. Zinnia eyes widened.

"Oh no! She cant remove my bandana!"she thought. Now she was in panic.

Mitari watched wondering what to do. Just then his mother words rang through his head.

"Who's gonna protect be there when someone comes to take advantage of her. You need to watch out for her."

Just as the girl was about to remove the wolf's bandana which would expose her demon ears they heard a voice. "Stop!"they saw Mitari coming towards her. The 5 girls stared at him.

"Isnt that that Mitari guy who picks on at the other school?"asked the girl holding up Zinnia by her hair. Mitari's knees were shaking.

"P-put her down......."said the blonde trembling.

"And why should I?"asked the girl with an attitude.

"Yeah, Mitari why dont you just go home to yo momma!"shouted the other girl. She did that finger snapping thingy. "Cause nobody else wants you!"Zinnia looked mad.

"Hey! You cant say that to my-"

"QUIET, BRAT!"screamed the girl still holding her up by her braid. That was the last straw. Mitari did something no one had ever seen him do before. He stepped forward.

"I said put her down. You shouldnt treat people like that. Ecspecially her. Zinnia is smart, sweet, and beautiful. You leave her alone and apologize.....her Im gonna get pretty dam* mad."Everyone including Zinnia was staring at him in total shock. The 5 girls recovered.

"And why should we listen to you?"asked one girl.

"Because I said so."said a different voice. They all looked to see Kurama. And he wasnt too happy either. "Put her down........now..."the girls trembled a bit as the one girl set Zinnia back onto her feet. She rubbed her head in pain.

"Thanks.....both of you...."said Zinnia.

"I saw the whole thing."said Kurama.

"Shuichi....we-"started one of the girls.

"No.....there is nothing you can say to save yourselves. I can already tell you that I'd never fall in love with a girl who hurts those I care for."he began to walk away with Mitari and Zinnia.

"Wait, Shuichi! Please tell us......is she...your girlfriend?"asked one of the girls. Kurama stopped but he didnt turn around.

"I believe my relationship with her is none of your business."