Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Time! ❯ Zinnia The Guard Dog ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zinnia stood in front of an ogre's office in Spirit World. She sighed. They made her wear a suit......with a tie...except she bought her own. It was red with cute little doggie bones on it. The ogre was reading through her papers.

"You've destroyed an evil dragon demon and later her older brother.........and have been loyal to Koenma for several years..."said the ogre reading the papers.

"Yes, sir." see, Koenma's body guard much like how the President of the United States has had went out on a much deserved vacation. Koenma was a spoiled brat.......the original body guard wont be coming back for a couple weeks. The ogre's eyes widened as he examined the next paper.

"You're the younger sister of the felon Hiei Jaganshi?"

"Hey! My big brother's a nice guy!"whined Zinnia. The ogre sighed.

"Okay...okay.....this goes against my better judgement...but......at 15,000 hours you will be assigned to be the body guard of Koenma Daioh..."Zinnia smiled.

"Thank you, sir."

"AND LOSE THAT STUPID TIE, JAGANSHI!" Zinnia tilted her head to one side.

"The tie? But sir.....I dont wanna wear a suit at all...."

"GET OUT!" instantly Zinnia ran out the office full speed. George the blue orge was waiting outside.

"So how'd it go?"he asked.

"I got the job....."said Zinnia sliding a pair of shades over her eyes then placing the ear piece on her canine ear."Everybody makes it sound like a tough job.....Koenma's just a baby....how hard can it be?" George then began rolling with laughter. Zinnia looked confused. "Why are you laughing?"she asked curiously. The blue ogre was now rolling around on the floor laughing. Zinnia sighed. She unwrapped a lolly pop and inserted it into her mouth. She then left the blue ogre alone.


Okay, at exactly 15,000 hours or should I say 3pm Zinnia entered Koenma's bedroom. The young prince was was in the bathroom,....she could hear the peeing from behind the door. Lucky Koenma, he had a bathroom connected to his bedroom. Finally, she heard the toilet flush then the sink turn on. Zinnia looked around the bedroom. There was a crib and lots of stuffed animals and toys. Koenma exited the bedroom happily sucking on his blue binkie. Zinnia greeted him. "Hi Koenma!"she said happily. Once Koenma saw that his new bodyguard was Zinnia he began filled with joy....he viewed her as a pushover......

"Hello, Zinnia."he simply said back. His eyes traveled down her suit and stopped at the red piece of cloth. "What's with the tie?"he asked.

"Uh......I liked it instead of the black one so I bought this one."she explained. Koenma then realized the lollypop in her mouth.

"Oh....so I see..........can I have a lollypop?"he asked hopefully. Zinnia shook her head.

"Um....no.....according to the Spirit World Secret Service rules and regulations.....you cant have sweets cause you get sugar high.......much like me and Hiei..."she giggled. Koenma frowned.

"Then can I go outside and play?"he requested. Zinnia shook her head again.

"No......its 3 o'clock........it's your nappie-nap time!"she said happily. Her wolf ears wiggled. Just then Koenma had an idea. He smiled.

"Okay Zinnia, you're the boss.....I'll take my nap...."he said walking over to the crib. He looked over to her. "A little help, please?"Zinnia giggled then simply went over to the young ruler and picked him up and setted him in the crib. She pulled the blanket over him and put the cute teddy bear next to him. Before he went to sleep he asked Zinnia if she was hungry. "Zinnia, would you like a cookie?"he asked. Zinnia's wolf ears perked up.

"A cookie?! Sure!"she said happily. Koenma pointed over to the plate of cookies on the table.

"Please....eat all you want."

"YAY!"Screamed the wolf happily then running over to the desk and swiping a cookie. She pulled the lollypop out of her mouth and ate the first cookie. It tasted good. Really good.

"Goodnight Koenma, sir."said the wolf demon with her mouth full of food.

"GoodNight, Zinnia." the young prince's eyelids became heavier.....and heavier.....and heavier....then soon...he fell into a deep slumber. Zinnia stared at the slumbering prince. This job seemed to be so easy. And to make it better she was getting paid to do this. She smiled. Her tail wagged in delight. She then yawned. For some reason she was getting tired too. She yawned again and stretched. A little nap couldnt hurt. After all, .........Zinnia-chan was a puppy....not a really little puppy but still a puppy...she needed rest too. Sometimes Kurama would make her take naps. She sat on the ground against the wall and soon fell into a deep sleep herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FlashBack~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so this is your.........puppy?!"asked the vet. Kurama nodded.

"Yes, this is Zinnia."explained Kurama petting her.

"She's a little big for a puppy......she looks like a full grown medium sized dog."Kurama sweatdropped.

"She has some wolf in her......."he explained. Well....Kurama was partially right....yes she was a wolf cub.........but of course he left out the demon part.

"So I see....."the vet adjusted his glasses. "And where did you find a part wolf dog?"he asked. Kurama gulped. That was a good question.

"The forest....."was all he could think of. "So....can you help me with her? She had quite a enormous quanity of energy. What do you reccomend me to do?" The doctor thought for a while.

"I suggest.....you make her take naps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zinnia....i ts time for your nap."said Kurama. But Zinnia-chan was gonna be a stubborn puppy.

"But Im not sleepy!"barked the wolf in her wolf form. Kurama couldnt understand her.

"Now, Zinnia....you need your rest." the wolf was already laying on the floor on a pillow.

"Im not sleepy...."thought the wolf. Kurama kneeled down next to her and began to rub her belly. "Im not...."she instantly fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Back to the present~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zinnia slowly opened her eyes, yawned and stretched. "I....I must of dozed off..."said the wolf to herself. She looked around the room. Peaceful and quiet. She slowly got up and looked inside the crib. Zinnia stared at the lump under the blankets. She blinked. "It's kinda hot today.....maybe I should take those blankets off him."she then removed the blankets. She gasped. There was a teddy bear underneath.....but no baby Koenma. Zinnia began to panic. "I....I...I.....I lost Koenma!"she screamed. She began looking around the room franticly for Baby Koenma. She then stopped. She remembered George laughing at her when she asked him how hard it could be. "So thats what they all meant!"Koenma...had escaped. Zinnia had to think and quick. Eating helped her think.....she went over to the plate of cookies. She picked one up. But before she brought it into her mouth and stopped and thought about something. "What are in these cookies, anyway?"she said aloud. She broke it open and found.....sleeping pills. Her ears twitched a couple times as she stared at the sleeping capsules. Lucky for her...she was a wolf demon....she could smell Koenma a mile away!

The security guard standing in front of the outside door where the beautiful garden was stood not buldging a muscle....much like those guards in the red suits in England. Zinnia bursted outside through the door panting. She noticed the guard. "Hey.....did Koenma come out here?"she asked.

"Yes."he said. Zinnia blinked.

"But....but.....how come you didnt stop him?"she asked.

"Because he lives here."responded the guard smiling. Zinnia sighed. She began sniffing around.

Baby Koenma ran around the large garden just....having fun.....also hiding from Zinnia.....unfortunately....he set off the security....invisible laser thingies. Sirens began to sound all over the garden.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! I DIDNT DO IT!"screamed Zinnia jumping into a bush scared out of her witts. Except....her tail was sticking out. All these ogres armed with guns and stuff came running in.....Including the ogre that Zinnia was in the office with. When they saw it was just Koenma they lowered their weapons. The ogre angrily stormed over to the bush and pulled Zinnia out by the tail. Zinnia blinked. "heh heh.....hi....."she said nervously.

"WHAT THE !@#$%^&*()_+ HAPPENED, JAGANSHI!"he screamed in her face. Zinnia started to snitch on Koenma....but then she felt that they'd feel she wasnt fit for this job. So she made up a lie.

"Playing hide and seek."she simply said.

"LIAR!"he screamed in her face. Zinnia gulped.

"Okay...Okay.....we were playing Duck Duck Goose." she smiled. "Um......"she looked around at all the ogres surrounding her. "You guys wanna play?"she then got up and started tagging each ogre. "Duck, Duck, Duck, Duck, Duck, GOOSE!"she then began running around the garden like crazy. The 'goosed' ogre just stood there looking confused. Zinnia came back when she saw that the ogre wasnt chasing her. "You guys didnt wanna play?" she asked confused. The top ogre approached her.

"On the job an hour and already an escape attempt...."he held up one finger in her face. "Thats one, Jaganshi....."he then snatched the silly tie off her suit."Thats two, Jaganshi."he then pulled the lollypop out her mouth. "Strike three....you're fired!"Zinnia wolf ears lowered in sorrow. The ogre walked away. "FALSE ALARM EVERYONE!"all the other ogres left.

"Big Meanie......"said Zinnia aloud.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY, JAGANSHI!"screamed the ogre. Zinnia gulped.

"Uh....nothing!"