Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Time! ❯ The Pool ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The gang went down to the community swimming pool. Kuwabara stood on the edge of the swimming pool trying to do sexy poses in orange trunks. Everyone managed to get Hiei to come so he sat in a beach chair in black trunks. Yuske was hitting on girls in his red trunks. Mitari sat on the edge of the pool in his dark blue trunks. Kurama was doing laps around the pool in his dark green trunks and Zinnia wearing a red one piece while playing with a small child who was afraid of the water. So Zinnia let him use her inter tube. Zinnia had to wear her bandana of course to cover up her wolf ears. Instead of a sweater she decided to tie a hoodie around her waist to cover up her tail. Hiei couldnt take anymore of Kuwabara's "poses". So he got up out the chair and ran full speed and pushed Kuwabara into the pool. He pointed at the carrot top and laughed his head off. Kurama quickly swam over to him. "Kuwabara, are you alright?"he asked. Kuwabara was coughing up pool water. Kurama's attention turned to the laughing Hiei. It didnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened.

"Thank you, Zinnia!"said the small boy happily as he waved goodbye to the wolf demon as he left the pool with his mommy. He still wore the intertube around his waist for Zinnia said he could have it.

"You're Welcome!"she said happily waving back. She then turned her attention to Mitari who was sitting on the edge of the pool alone. She swam over to him. "Hi Mitari!"she said happily. He blushed.

"H-Hi Zinnia."he simply said. She tilted her head to one side.

"Wanna go for a swim?"she asked smiling. Mitari stared at the wolf. He hesitately nodded. "Yay!"cheered Zinnia. Mitari slowly slid into the pool. Suddenly they heard someone in the middle of the pool scream.

"CHICKEN!" it looks like it was a time for a game. All the girls found a male partner and climbed on their shoulders. In case you dont know....chicken is a game with two people on a team, one on the other's shoulders. And you have to try to get the other teams to...well....fall into the water. Zinnia became excited.

"Hey Mitari, why dont we play too?!"she suggested happily.

"Um.....okay...."he said shyly. With Zinnia's strong legs she was able to simply jump onto the blondes shoulders. The sudden pressure of Zinnia's weight made him almost fall over, but he soon recovered.

"Go Mitari!"said the ookami cheerfully. It was a bit more difficult but Mitari slowly advanced to the group of people also playing. Kurama watched from a far. He smiled.

"Hiei, look at Mitari and Zinnia. They are playing chicken!"he said smiling. Hiei got a glimpse of Zinnia on Mitari's shoulder.

"WHAT THE !@#%^&*()_+ ARE THEY DOING?!"screamed the fire demon from the top of his lungs. Kurama chuckled.

"Hiei, calm down! It's just a game!"he explained. "It's completely harmless!" Hiei crossed his arms.

"Hn." Back over at the Chicken game Zinnia and Mitari had managed to knock one team member off the other's shoulder.

"Yay!"she cheered happily. "I think we're gonna wi-aaaaahh!"Yuske laughed as he pushed Zinnia off Mitari's shoulders. He had paired up with some girl he was talking to. Zinnia emerged at the surface and spit out some pool water.

"We lost...."said Mitari sorrowfully. Zinnia smiled.

"That's okay, Mitari!"she said happily. "It doesnt matter whether you win or lose!"she giggled. "It's how you play the game!"she explained. "Anyway, thank you for being my partner." so anyway, they watched the rest of the Chicken game. It was long.....but it seemed that Yuske became the victor. Many girls wanted Kurama was a partner but he declined. He did not want to play. And Hiei just threw death glares at any girl that came too close. Kuwabara could not play because he couldnt find a partner....awww....poor Kuwa-kun. Kurama already was drying himself off with a towel. Storm clouds were rolling in.

"A storm is coming, Hiei."said he red head. Hiei didnt care.

"Hn."he simply said. Kurama had better call Zinnia. It's not safe to be in the water during a storm. He pulled out a small flat whistle. He inhaled then blew into it. Except......no sound came out. But instantly Zinnia swam over top speed and climbed out the pool.

"You called?!"she asked happily tilting her head to one side. Kurama laughed.

"Yes, Zinnia...it's time to go."he explained.

"Oh.....okay...but...can I watch Kuwabara jump off the high dive first? Please???"she pleaded. Kurama blinked then looked up. Sure enough there stood the carrot top on the high dive.

"HEY! LOOK AT ME YOU GUYS!"he screamed at the top of his lungs demanding attention. Everyone's attentionw as instantly on him. Kuwabara then leapt off the thin diving door and plunged into the water.....but it didnt work too good....ouch.......he ended up doing a belly flop.