Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Surrender to Nothing ❯ Let the Training Begin ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tama: Chapter four!
 
Nori: Jeez, it really took you forever to write this one.
 
Tama: Yea, I know…
 
Hiei: You get slower as you go on…
 
Tama: I heard that…
 
Kurama: Shall we just do the disclaimer before someone gets killed?
 
Tama: Go for it.
 
Kurama: Tama doesn't own YYH or any of its characters, but all the OCs and situations are hers.
 
Nori: *breaks out into song* THE SITUATIONSSSS ARE IRRELEVANT NOW!
 
All but Nori: *sweatdrop and unleash the rabid polar bear*
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“That's really sad and all, Koenma, but I'm still lost. What does some dead girl in Demon World have to do with me?” Kita asked, confused.
 
“Because, Kita, you are her,” he snapped. Kita's eyes widened in disbelief.
 
“Wh-what?” she stuttered.
 
“Ayame was somehow reincarnated. Your soul is the same as hers,” Koenma explained. “And Kano knows. He wants to finish off Ayame for good. Which means he's after you.”
 
That part played over and over again in Kita's mind. He's after her. Was he watching her right now? Why wasn't he just attacking now?
 
But she knew the answer to that question.
 
“Killing you now would do nothing for the Ronins. If they would, Ayame could just be reincarnated again. In order to get rid of her forever, Kano needs to beat her at her peak, with all her powers. After her sixteenth birthday,” was what Koenma told her.
 
So she was safe. For now.
 
For now, all she could do was stay her at Genkai's temple, train, and trust these people that held her life in their hands. Whether she lived or died was up to them. And that scared her. But all she could do was trust them.
 
Genkai had given Kita her own room. It was at the end of a long hallway on the West side of the temple. It was small, but that was what Kita liked most about it. The walls were a pale yellow, just like the bedspread. Even though she hated yellow, the room was nice enough.
 
Genkai had also supplied her with a brand new wardrobe, mainly consisting of fighting clothes. She had also, somehow, managed to get some of Kita's things from home and put them in her room. She had some of her clothes, her make-up, and most importantly, the necklace that she had had since she was a baby. It was a long silver chain that held a red ruby shaped like a tear drop. She made a mental note to thank Genkai for all of this later.
 
Kita sat down on her bed and stared off into space, playing with the pendant between her fingers. When there was a knock at her door, she jumped.
 
“Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you,” the red-head apologized through the open door. Kita giggled.
 
“Oh, don't worry about it. I was off in my own little world again. Come in,” she replied and smiled. He nodded and entered the room.
 
“This is a nice room,” he observed. “Better than the one she gave Kuwabara.” Kita laughed again. She could already tell that no one liked Kuwabara much here. Poor guy.
 
“Do you mind…,” Kurama asked and pointed towards the bed. Kita shook her head and he sat down. “I just needed to talk to you.”
 
“About what?” she asked and cocked her head to the side.
 
“Your training,” he said. “All of us will help you, but it will be mostly Genkai and myself instructing you. Genkai is a master of powers like yours, and I, well I know Ayame's powers well, too. However, this training will not be easy. It will drain you, and at times make you want to die. It can be that painful.”
 
“I'm glad you have such a positive outlook on the next six months of my life,” Kita said sarcastically. They both laughed.
 
“I just want you to be prepared,” he said and smiled softly, looking into her eyes. She smiled. She knew he was telling her the truth, and that this training was going to horrible. But something in his eyes told her that she would get through it. She had to.
 
“Well, thanks,” she replied with a smile. Then they heard a commotion coming from the other side of the temple. The looked at each other, confused and then raced towards the sound, which took them to the kitchen. Inside was a scene that neither of them had really expected. Kuwabara was lying on the floor covered in jelly. Straddled on top of him was Yusuke, looking strangely angry, holding a jar of peanut butter in his left hand and strangling Kuwabara with his right.
 
“Jesus Christ Kuwabara! How do you expect me to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when you ate all peanut butter?” Yusuke yelled. Kita and Kurama just looked at each other, completely dumbfounded and pretty disturbed.
 
“That doesn't answer my question! Why the hell am I covered in jelly!?!??!” Kuwabara yelled back.
 
“Because what's the point of keeping a jar of jelly? No one likes jelly sandwiches!!” Yusuke screamed.
 
“Uh, I like jelly sandwiches…,” Kita piped in. Kurama just looked at her and cracked up. Yusuke looked at her like she had grown two heads and stormed out of the temple, leaving a jelly-covered Kuwabara to realize that it wasn't even him who had finished off the peanut butter…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kita woke up to the unwelcome sound of her alarm clock.
 
“Ugh, not school again…,” she groaned and reached over to her left to shut off the alarm, but her hand immediately hit the wall. “What the hell…” Her alarm clock was to her left, not the wall, so what was the problem. Then she remembered. She was at Genkai's. It was 5:30 in the morning. And today was her first day of training.
 
Again, she groaned, and this time found the alarm clock and shut it off. Normally, she would postpone getting up as long as possible, but since it was her first day of training, she decided that it was probably better NOT to get her trainers mad at her on her first day. So she rolled out of bed and wandered to the bathroom that was attached to her room. After she showered and blow dried her hair, she got dressed. She decided to wear green fitted capris that went a little below her knees and a black zippered corset with black straps. On her feet, she wore green sandals and around her neck was the tear drop pendant. She looked at the clock. It read 6:54.
 
“Well,” she thought to herself. “Let's get this day in hell started.”
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
Kurama stood outside in Genkai's training grounds. He looked at his watch. 7:01. Well, she was a minute late. That wasn't good. He realized it was only a minute, but to Genkai, it was as good as not showing up at all. Kita was lucky that the old woman had decided to leave her first day of training all up to Kurama. Just as he was thinking this, he saw her coming out of the corner of his eye.
 
“Hey!” she greeted as she walked over to him.
 
“Hi,” he replied. He studied her for a minute. He could tell she would much rather be in bed sleeping right now, but for being up and ready to train at 7:00 in the morning, she looked pretty alert. It was bright outside, but windy, and the way that the sun shone on her face and her hair blew in the breeze…
 
“Jesus, Youko, get out of my head,” Kurama mentally told his other self. Even though, deep down, he knew that he and Youko were on the same page.
 
“Shall we get started?” he asked, hoping Kita hadn't noticed his delay. She hadn't, because she simply nodded. Kurama breathed a sigh of relief and tried to focus on the lesson he needed to teach her.
 
“Alright. First I need to give you your weapons,” he said and pulled out a black utility belt containing four daggers and hadn't it to Kita. “Here, these are yours. They're the ones Ayame used to own. They're special daggers, and you should be able to use them the same way she could.”
 
Kita stood there for a moment, admiring her new weapons. They were amazing, but how the hell was she supposed to use them? She didn't have the slightest idea how to use a dagger.
 
“First, I'll teach you the basic techniques,” Kurama told her and demonstrated a few moves that Kita picked up on very quickly. By 9:00, Kurama had taught her all of the strikes and blocks that she could use with her daggers. He was shocked how fast her training was going. Kita was more in touch with Ayame than he had originally thought.
 
“Well, since you've picked up these so fast, we'll move ahead to tomorrow's lesson. Strength training,” he said.
 
“Ok, let's do it then,” she said enthusiastically. This was turning out to be more fun than she thought it would be.
 
“Ok, well let's start out easy with five hundred pushups,” he said and got down to do them with her. Kita's jaw almost dropped to the floor.
 
“E-excuse me?” she asked, mortified. “You're kidding, right?”
 
Kurama shook his head. “Trust me, by the end of your training, you'll be able to do five thousand and not even break a sweat. Now let's go.” Kita whimpered, but did as she was told. But pushup number 13 her arms were starting to hurt. And by number 57 they felt as if they would give out at any moment. By 112, she thought they would fall off. She had never been in this much pain in her life. And yet, she didn't fall once. Something inside her made her keep going, and got her through to 500. As soon as Kurama finished counting, she fell to the floor, arms burning.
 
“Come on, get up. We're just getting started,” Kurama said simply. Kita groaned and cursed the kitsune under her breath, but got up and followed him over to the pond.
 
“Alright, let's do fifty laps here. And after each lap, we do 25 crunches, legs straight up in the air, then get right back in the water. Go as fast as possible,” he said. Kita, again, looked at him like he was crazed, but she knew he was serious. Oh, what she wouldn't give to be at school sleeping through biology right now…
 
“Ready, set, go!” Kurama said as he dove into the water. Kita followed, but at a much slower pace. Kurama was done by the time Kita was on her seventh lap. How he managed to move that fast, she had no idea. But her body hated him for it.
 
Kurama watched Kita as she completed her twenty-fifth lap. He knew she was struggling out there. Hell, of course she was. At the moment, she was just a ningen. And if she didn't find some way to tap into her demon energy, training this intense might eventually kill her. But it was the only way to bring the fire fox out.
 
The rigorous training continued for another nine hours. Kurama forced Kita to do thousands of pushups, crunches, lunges, squats, jumps, and sprints that she really thought she was going to die. She didn't know how anyone could ever be in this much pain and live. She was amazed that she hadn't died already.
 
“Alright, that's enough for today. The sun is starting to set,” Kurama pointed out. “We'll continue this tomorrow.” Kita collapsed. Kurama wasn't even sure if she was conscious until he noticed her looking at him with tears streaming down her cheeks. She simply nodded and let her head hit the ground.
 
He felt horrible. He hadn't meant to do this to her. It was just that he knew that Ayame could handle that and so much more, he assumed that Kita could do the same. It was strange though, that he had pushed her this far, and still hadn't detected a single drop of demonic energy. That meant that her limit was further away than he gave her credit for. She was stronger than she thought.
 
“It's alright,” he whispered in her ear as he picked her up and carried her back towards the temple. “Tomorrow, you won't be doing this alone.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Tama: Done!
 
Nori: Yay!
Kurama: Read and Review please!
 
Nori and Tama: No flames!