Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Taming the Youko ❯ Kuronue ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
‘Don’t worry Kuronue, I’m coming. Just hold on.’ The thought of his partner dying or already dead gave him renewed strength. And with this strength he used it to pump his legs harder, not stopping for anything. He was close he was sure of it, because the smell
of raven blood was thickening fast, and his lungs were starting to sting from the running. He finally reached the clearing where he abandoned his comrade shamefully. He saw the raven demon’s body, lying in the tall grass and bathed in moonlight. "No..." Youko walked to him and bent down, one knee on the ground.

"Kuronue?" He asked roughly, trying to wake him up. Kuronue opened his eyes slowly.

"Youko? What are... you doing here? I... I thought I... told you to run..." He said weakly. Youko smiled bitterly. "Since when do I ever listen to you?"

"G-good point..." Kuronue said softly, coughing up blood in the process.

"What happened? You look like a bomb exploded from inside of you." Youko said, sarcasm in his flat voice. True, his partner's black hair and clothes were drenched with blood. Kuronue uttered something that not even the famous Youko Kurama could hear.

"Huh?" The fox demon said, ears twitching slightly. Kuronue said nothing more as he took his last breath and died. Youko’s ember eyes widened.

"Kuronue? Kuronue!" Even though he knew his comrade was gone, he called his name and shook him anyway. A sharp pain hit his back, piercing his heart. He winced as he turned, to see the other demons who had ran away after he killed their leader.

"You let your guard down Youko and you will pay dearly for that," Youko’s eyes narrowed, he was pissed. They killed his only friend in the world, and THEY would pay dearly for that.

"No..." He said as he reached for and pulled the arrow in his back. "Bastards... I’ll kill you, if it’s the last thing I do!" The wound was healed thanks to the kitsune’s demon body. He stood, baring his fangs with aggression, eyes glowing with pure rage.

"DAMN YOU!!!" He yelled as he ran towards the one infront of him and killed him like he did their leader. He killed all of them, every single one.

"Feh and they said I was going to pa-" He was cut short by the sudden weakening at his knees.
"What... the hell?" He was soon on hands and knees in the damp green grass. Clenching his teeth with pain, hands gripping the
weeds as if to rip them out.
"Damn it no... that’s what they meant... that mother fucker’s arrow was poisoned... I... I got to do something and quick..." As the poison was taking a stronger and stronger effect, he racked his brain harder and harder and came to only one solution... be reborn in the living world.
"If... If I can with stand humanity for ten years then I can return to Makai... and become Youko Kurama once more" He said
hoarsely. He concentrated the last of his energy and then, disappeared with a trace he had been there, except the small pool of blood stained grass and the artifact in which he had stolen.

TBC!!!!!!

Hello! I hope you like it! I know the chapters are kinda short but I do plan on making a LOT more of them. Does anyone really know what he stole? It think it was either a pendant or a mirror... I can’t remember. ^..^()