Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Team Urameshi's New Member ❯ Punishment ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter is pretty short, but the next one is the longest so far.
 
Chapter 3:
Punishment
Hikari groaned and woke up. She opened her eyes and looked around.
 
“Good, you're up.” She heard someone say angrily.
 
She sat up and looked over to see a toddler sitting at a desk staring at her with an angry face.
 
“Oh shit.” She said standing up. “Let me guess my punishment, on hundred spankings?” Hikari said with a smirk on her face.
“Your punishment is to join team Urameshi.”
 
Hikari looked at him angrily.
 
“I'd rather take spankings. Why do you need me to join those weaklings anyway?”
“Because there is a new tournament coming up and we need you to have a full team.”
 
“I refuse.”
“It's a tournament. In the Spirit World.”
“You mean one of those tournaments where I get to kill people and no one will care?”
“Exactly. And after the tournament, you can go wherever you like, as you don't go around killing 52 demons again.”
“How am I going to live then?”
“I don't care as long as you don't kill anyone to do it. Didn't you ever have anyone to tell you right from wrong?”
“Nope. My mother died right after I was born and my father died when I was 5. And why would my father tell me right from wrong? He's the one who taught me how to kill quietly and without being noticed. He knew he was about to die and my older brother died years ago, so I was the only one he could teach. Plus, he told me he would have taught me anyways because of my Jagan.”
“How were you born with it?”
“I just was. Now when's this tournament thing start?”
“Two weeks from now.”
“Fine by me.”