Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Chibi and the Hiei ❯ Transformation ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings and Disclaimer: I don't own, nor will I ever own Yu Yu Hakusho. *sigh* There. I admitted it.
 
May contain shounen ai (Hiei x Kurama), language, OOCness, chibiness, attitude, violence
 
Ack! This chapter is so much darker than the others! Sorry! I'll try to make the next one more lighthearted!
 
The Chibi and the Hiei 3: Transformation
 
Hiei stayed there, watching his chibi companion, for several hours. He smiled every time the little red head clutched his pants tighter, in the grip of some dream. He couldn't help it - Kurama was just so cute!
 
He narrowly avoided getting back into character when Kurama started drooling on him. He would have snapped back to his normal uncaring attitude if the chibi had been any less cute about it. Hiei sighed at himself. What was he doing here? What was he becoming? He felt like such a wuss thinking about cuteness all the time, but another glance at the chibi laying in his lap made him realize that cuteness just might be his weakness. He sighed again, louder this time, which prevented him from hearing the whoosh of a rock coming fast toward the back of his head.
 
He woke up several hours later not knowing where he was.
 
He opened his eyes slowly, surveying his surroundings and trying to understand the situation. He was tied to something that felt like a large rock. Thick ropes held him in place, his arms at his sides, and his sword had been taken away. He slowly looked higher, trying to see where the enemy was through half-lidded eyes. His eyes snapped open, though, and he gasped when he saw chibi Kurama in front of him, his arms tied above his head so that his feet barely touched the ground, blood leaking from the corner of his mouth.
 
There were a few large demons standing around him, laughing as they took turns punching the little red head. More blood came flying out of the chibi's mouth from a particularly hard punch to his stomach, splattering across Hiei's face. Hiei froze. Then he started shaking. In anger.
 
“You bastards! What the Hell do you think you're doing? He's just a kid!” He screamed at the jerks in front of him. He didn't see the irony of calling a thousand year old demon a kid. For all intents and purposes, Kurama was one now.
 
All four of them looked his way. The demons smiled viciously and Kurama tried to put on a brave face. The demons laughed at Hiei's futile efforts to get out of his bindings and help the chibi. Hiei stopped struggling and asked them what was so funny.
 
“You!” One answered, still laughing. “There's no way you'll get out of that rope. It's enchanted so that the person tied cannot effect it in anyway. Even if you had your sword, you couldn't cut it! And there's no one here who can or would let you out!” He joined the others' laughter.
 
Hiei just glared and kept moving, trying to fray the bindings or do anything that would get him out. He glanced up, glaring at the demons for laughing at him, but was surprised at the calculating look Kurama had on his face. When one of the demons noticed that he was looking behind them, he turned around. Kurama instantly closed his eyes and went limp right before the demon saw him.
 
“Aw! And just when we were starting to have fun, too!” The demon said, walking up to the red head. He grabbed the chibi by the collar and gave him a few more slaps, just to see if he could revive him. Kurama didn't respond. The demon sighed and let go, but not before pulling out a knife and slamming it into the chibi's chest, a few inches below his heart. Kurama didn't so much as flinch. The demon shook his head at the blood flowing freely down the red head's chin and turned to Hiei. “Time for some new prey!” He crowed with glee.
 
The others glanced back at Kurama, looking sad that their former plaything had stopped moving, but then they turned to Hiei, anticipation making their eyes gleam in the semi-darkness. The one who had stabbed Kurama started walking toward Hiei, but another demon stopped him.
 
“You got to finish off the other one. We get to start with this one. Wait your turn!” He pushed the demon, who still held the knife, back. The stabber growled, but seeing the others' faces, he relented, pouting slightly. He took a step back, crossed his arms over his chest (after putting his knife into the back of his belt) and said, “Well? Get started already!”
 
The others growled at him again, but complied, stalking slowly toward Hiei, enjoying the look of horror on Hiei's face as he looked at his bleeding and limp companion. His eyes snapped back to the two demons in front of him when they were within a foot or two of him and he looked at them with such hatred in his eyes that they hesitated. But then they remembered that there was no way for him to escape, and they cracked their knuckles with relish, proud of themselves when Hiei looked at them with slight worry for his own well-being.
 
They took a few “practice swings.” Relatively light punches that wouldn't bruise much. When Hiei looked bored, they really started getting to work.
 
Behind them, the third demon watched, licking his lips and rubbing his knuckles, jabbing at the air, and generally enjoying the sound of flesh striking flesh. He was so engrossed in his disturbing pastime that he didn't feel the ki growing behind him. He also didn't hear the ropes snapping. He was dead without ever feeling his knife being gently slipped from its sheath to be quickly buried in the back of his neck. His body was laid on the ground quietly, so as not to attract the attention of the others.
 
Youko Kurama was out. He was a short, silver-haired, gold-eyed fox demon with soft, furry ears and a long tail. His body and face looked human. The look in his eyes as he watched his friend get beaten to a pulp was positively demonic.
 
He attacked swiftly. The other two demons fell down, dead, before they even knew he was there. Hiei, whose eyes had been closed for the past few minutes, was surprised when he didn't feel any more impacts to his body for a couple of beats. He opened his eyes when he heard something that sounded like two bodies dropping to the floor.
 
The sight that greeted him made him open his mouth in astonishment, then growl before screaming “I thought you were dead!”
 
Chibi Youko Kurama smiled his sarcastically amused smile before answering. “It was a necessary deception. If you thought I was alive they would as well. They wouldn't have ignored me to focus on you and you would still be getting the *ahem* stuffing beat out of you.” Hiei was astonished at the change in the chibi's speech patterns. He was going to ask what had happened when Kurama answered his questions.
 
“While I am in this form, no matter what my height, I am still a one thousand year old demon. I can speak and reason as I normally would and I can also remember all that has happened. My younger human form seemed to instinctively realize that he could let me out. He acted quickly by `playing dead' and waiting until their attention was diverted from him before calling on me to help you. My human form always was very sentimental about friends. But then, I guess I am as well.” With that said, the short, silver-haired demon took the bloody knife that he had used to kill the other demons and easily sliced through Hiei's bonds. Then he promptly passed out.
 
Hiei was so surprised that he barely caught him before he hit the ground. As he was falling, the chibi transformed back into his human form. His red hair tickled Hiei's arm. Hiei smiled at the back of the chibi's head. “Thank you, Kurama.” He said quietly, trying not to wake him up. Then he remembered the wounds the little one had sustained and hurried from the clearing, intent on getting them both back to human world as quickly as possible to recover.
 
TBC…
 
A/N: Sorry again for the violence! I just wanted Youko to come out, and I figured that Hiei being in trouble would be a good way to do it! Please review and thank everyone who has reviewed so far - this is for you guys! Hope you like it! I love bad-ass Kurama!