Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Chibi and the Hiei ❯ The Fight ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings and Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. I want to, though. Does anyone know how much it would cost to buy the rights to it? I would make it shounen ai and make sure to have plenty of chibiness and angst!
 
This fic contains…language, chibiness, shounen ai (Kurama x Hiei), OOCness, may have semi-serious scenes
 
The Chibi and the Hiei
 
Chapter 2: The Fight
 
Hiei and chibi-Kurama were surrounded by a hoard of demons. A hoard of hungry demons. And it was breakfast time. And Hiei and Kurama were short and looked like they would be easy to catch. Almost makes you sorry for the hoard, doesn't it?
 
Chibi-Kurama stood with his back to Hiei's on instinct. His whip and Hiei's sword were out and ready. They faced several hundred demons of all sizes, shapes and power levels. They could probably take them all on with their eyes closed. And what does OOC Hiei do? He grabs chibi-Kurama around the waist and starts running.
 
“What are you doing, baka?!” The chibi complained in his cute little voice. “I wanted to fight and get some brefas!”
 
Hiei could only sigh. Not only was his companion much smaller than usual, he also didn't seem to have the same intellectual capacity. And he kept calling him a baka. He didn't like that at all. It made him feel like Kuwabara.
 
So as Hiei ran and jumped through the trees, barely avoiding the various missiles and bodies being hurled at them, he ranted at the chibi.
 
“I am not a baka. Kuwabara is. So are you, for that matter. Why the Hell are you so small? It just doesn't make any sense! Argh!!! And why are you acting so stupid? Did you want to die back there? There were hundreds of demons after our blood and you get mad at me for saving you?”
 
“I can take care of myself, baka!” And chibi-Kurama demonstrated his prowess. He bit Hiei. Again.
 
“OOOooooowwwwww!!!!!! You little!!!” Hiei finally stopped running to inspect the deep wound in his arm. He glared at the chibi, who just stared at him, defiant. Hiei couldn't stay mad when his companion was so small, so vulnerable, so…cute! Argh! That word again! Hiei couldn't believe how he was reacting to Kurama's chibiness.
 
He was about to scream at the annoyance and injustice of the situation when the angry, hungry hoard of demons showed up again. He moved to grab Kurama and shield him, but Kurama stepped in front of him instead. Confused, Hiei just watched as the chibi bared his fangs menacingly.
 
The demons acted in kind, making as much noise as possible. Then they charged. Instead of retreating to come up with an advantage like he would normally do, chibi-Kurama ran straight into the center of the enemy and started slashing. Knowing that there would be no way to deter the hard-headed little yoko, Hiei joined him.
 
They stood back to back, taking down enemies left and right, protecting each other and themselves effortlessly. Hiei found himself imagining the taller, older Kurama if they were in the same situation. While he would not have charged right away, he would have fought tooth and nail to defeat the enemy, even if it meant sacrificing his own life. Hiei admired the chibi version for having the same willingness to fight to the death. At the same time, he was worried.
 
While the chibi was definitely as gutsy as the older version, he didn't have the stamina necessary to fight such a long battle. In other words, the little guy was getting tired. Hiei noticed that his swings were getting clumsier, his reaction time slower, and his eyes heavier. Hoping to avoid a fight to the death, Hiei asked the chibi if they could leave yet.
 
To his horror, his question startled chibi-Kurama so much that he miss-stepped and fell. When one of the demons stepped up to take advantage of the situation, Hiei pivoted to take the blow in place of his smaller companion. The demon's claws ripped through his shirt and sliced into his chest. Hiei immediately countered, slicing the impertinent demon in half.
 
“Can we go now?” Hiei asked testily. To his surprise he felt the chibi grab his hand and run away from the battlefield.
 
When they were about half a mile away from any chasing demon, the chibi stopped and let go of his hand. They both dropped into the grass, exhausted. They lay there panting for a minute or so, trying to catch their breath.
 
“You can sleep if you want. I'll keep watch.” Hiei told chibi-Kurama.
 
The chibi just looked at him with a look of utter disgust on his face. “You think I'm gonna let you be the lookout when you're hurt `cause of me? Are you cwazy or somethin? I owe you. You saved me. I'm gonna heal that cut right now.”
 
The chibi got up and walked out of the small clearing. Before Hiei even got a chance to get worried or ask where he was going, Kurama was back with a bundle of plants in his chibi little hands.
 
“This one will disinfect the hurt. This one will stop the bleeding. This one will help you stay awake or go to sleep, depending on which part you chew.” The little yoko set about tending to the fire demon's wounds, making sure he knew what he was doing at each stage of the proceedings. Hiei was a little annoyed that he was being treated like a child, but decided not to take offense because of how cute his doctor was. No. It wasn't that. Of course not, Hiei. But really, he appreciated the help and realized that Kurama was just acting like himself. At that age, anyway. And besides, it was interesting to see how knowledgeable even this chibi-Kurama was about plants.
 
“So…how did you turn chibi in the first place?” Hiei asked.
 
“…how would I know. I don't remember anything before… a few hours ago.” The little one answered.
 
“Oh… so you don't remember me?”
 
“Would I have bitten you if I'd known you were an ally?” Kurama asked simply.
 
This was what Hiei was used to. Logical, consistent Kurama who had an answer for everything. Even if it he could be confusing as all Hell.
 
After he was done tending to Hiei's wounds (he took care of the bites too!), it seemed like chibi-Kurama couldn't stay awake any longer. Once the wound on Hiei's chest was bound, the little one just slumped over, his head falling into Hiei's lap. He grabbed the fabric of Hiei's pants in his small fists and held on tightly.
 
Hiei couldn't help but grin. He couldn't deny it anymore. Chibi-Kurama was just too cute.
 
TBC…
 
Author's Note: Review and tell me if you think this is cute! If you don't think it's as good as the first chapter (or if you think it's better) please tell me! I look forward to your feedback. By the way, the shounen ai won't happen until Kurama is older again - Hiei isn't allowed to molest chibi-Kurama. Regular Kurama on the other hand…