Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dancer, Mayuri ❯ Rememberance and A Pissed Kiri ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark: YAY! Another chapter!
 
Well my friend who read this enjoyed it and I hope you do as well. I know I had fun writing it.
 
Disclaimer: *sighs* Never did own them and sadly never will. Do own Mayuri and Kiriana
 
 
Mayuri walked towards him and every step she took towards him, he took backwards. Mayuri soon realized that they were walking in circles. She stopped all movements and a second later in her place was a large panther but this one was as white a snow. She let out a loud growl as she ran towards Dankotsu. His eyes widened and he turned, hightailing it out of there. The boys, having no idea what was wrong with her, ran to block her path but were startled when Mayuri just leapt over them like they were a brick wall in her way. Mayuri opened her mouth wide and an ice beam shot from it, freezing her target on contact. Mayuri was grinning, fangs glistening in the light. She began to circle her claim and as she disappeared around for the third time she was back in demon form when she reemerged. She stopped her circling and formed a large ice spear in her hand and drew her arm back. “And now, the end.” She was thrusting her arm forward when suddenly she froze. She stood still for a second, dark colors returning to her hair, ears, tail, and eyes. Then she collapsed to the ground, all the ice melting and water evaporating.
 
Yusuke walked over to Dankotsu who was breathing heavily, happy that his life that was about to end, was spared even against the panther's will. “You have seen what will happen to you if you mess with her again. Now, remove the spell you hold over the girl or Maya will hunt you to the ends of the earth to get her revenge and next time, she will get it.” Dankotsu nodded and pulled a necklace from his neck and threw it to the ground. Yusuke, confused, just stared at it until a black boot came into view and crushed it under someone's foot. Yusuke looked up at Hiei who was standing there and then turned his attention to the figure whose movement has caught his eye.
 
The girl that was in the fetal position suddenly looked around and her eyes widened when they stopped on Mayuri who was on the ground unconscious. “May!” she shouted as she flew forward and pulled the head of her friend into her lap. Kiri looked around and when she spotted Dankotsu she let out a loud hiss with fangs bared that no normal rabbits have. Dankotsu instantly backed away and left the room in a rush. Kiri brushed a few locks of Mayuri's hair out of her face and smiled down at her. “You saved me again.” Kiri muttered unaware of the others in the room until she heard someone clear their throat.
 
“Um, Miss. We need to be going now. Come.” Kurama said and Kiri eyed him suspiciously.
 
“If you wish to leave then go. Neither May or I will go with you.” Kiri said.
 
“Kiriana, they are not the enemy.” A weak voice said from Kiri's lap and she looked down quickly to see Mayuri with her black eyes barely open. Kiri knew instantly that it was taking a lot of the small amount of energy Mayuri had to speak right now so Kiri nodded and Mayuri closed her eyes, submitting to the hibernation that was calling to her.
 
“Fine, but on wrong move and it will be your head.” Kiri said seriously and Hiei walked forward, taking Mayuri in his arms. Kiri did not like this but had no energy left to argue so she just followed.
 
 
A soft moan of pain came from Mayuri's throat when she arrived back into the world of the awake. She tried to sit up but realized that every nerve in her body hurt when she tried so she stopped. She looked around the room she was in instead. The walls were pale blue and the ceiling and carpet where midnight blue. The bed was also midnight blue as was the furniture. Mayuri gathered up enough strength to sit up then stand and walk over to a regular blue door which turned out to be a closet. She picked out a deep blue tank top and black pants. She then walked to another door that turned out to be a bathroom. She turned on the shower and stepped in a few seconds later, letting the water run over her skin. Being in one of her elements gave her, her energy back and she sighed as the heat warmed her up slightly.
 
Twenty minutes later she stepped out, feeling rejuvenated and pulled on the clothes. She found a pair of long black socks and pulled them on before braiding her still wet hair. She then left the room to explore. She walked around for what seemed like forever and she finally grew aggravated enough to walk into a random room, threw open a window and hopped outside. She looked around to find a large forest in front of her and a large temple behind her. She also saw many stairs that no doubt led to the street and a large clearing behind the temple that appeared to be a training ground. She walked to the training ground where she found the four boys and none other than Kiri. Kiri was fighting Yusuke and was winning. Kiri blurred behind Yusuke and kicked him in the back, making him face plant into the ground and Kiri was smirking triumphantly, sitting cross legged on his back with her arms also crossed. Mayuri smirked at her friend's cockiness and was not seen as she raced forward and punched her friend in the stomach, sending her twenty meters away and into a tree. The three that witnessed what happened where in shock since they did not even see nor sense Mayuri.
 
“Cockiness can not be used in battle, therefore have none. Remember that you are beatable and never let your guard down. You have yet to battle with the grace of a dancer intact.” Mayuri said as Kiri stood up and bowed slightly.
 
“Yes, Mayuri.” Kiri said as she walked over to stand next to her friend.
 
“What was that about?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“Mayuri is training me. She is a great teacher, especially with dancers. She incorporates the movements of a dancer into battle for offensive and defensive attacks.” Kiri explained.
 
“Really?” Kurama asked with a raised eyebrow. This information interested him.
 
“Yes, have a problem with that kitsune?” Mayuri asked.
 
“No but I would like to observe you in battle.” Kurama responded being careful not to insult the panther.
 
“Fine. Who would like to help me demonstrate?”
 
“Hn,” was a response that made Mayuri smirk.
 
“Then let us begin.” Mayuri said as she and Hiei walked forward. They faced each other and Hiei charged first. Mayuri waited until the last second before stepping out of the way and twirled around to face Hiei. Hiei did an about face and charged again. Mayuri this time jumped into the air and twirled before landing… right on Hiei's back. She then pinned him down for three seconds before she got off him and walked to Kiri. To Kurama, she said, “That was patience of a dancer and the grace.” Then she turned back to Kiri and chatted for a few. A girl with sea foam green hair and crimson eyes soon came out and told them it was time for lunch. All the boys rushed inside, starved after training while Kiri and Mayuri causally walked.
 
“So, your friends are kind of cute.” Kiri said with a smirk. “I like the red head. I think you have a thing for the spiky haired one.” Kiri winked at Mayuri who stared straight ahead with an indifferent mask on. “Oh my god. What is it, May?” Kiri asked, instantly concerned about her friend.
 
Mayuri sighed and stopped walking along with Kiri. She turned to the pink haired rabbit with saddened black eyes and said, “Remember seventeen years ago when you covered for me when I snuck out to meet someone?” When Kiri nodded Mayuri continued, “Well, he begun training me and I fell in love with him. On our last day there he promised to come and get you and me out. But, he never came and my heart broke.” Mayuri said with ancient pain in her voice.
 
“Who was it, May?” Kiri asked.
 
“Hiei.” Mayuri replied her head tilted downwards. Kiri hugged Mayuri but when it was not returned she let go and turned around, walking to the temple door. When she arrived she opened the door so hard the bang it released when the door hit the wall could be heard throughout the temple. Everyone in the dining room heads turned up as Kiriana entered the room, red eyes blazing with hatred. She glared at the person on the windowsill for a second before she launched herself across the table and tackled him out of the window. When the people stood up and looked out they could see a startled Hiei being punched repeatedly by a very pissed Kiriana. They heard someone else enter the room and looked to find Mayuri standing there. They expected her to hop out the window and drag Kiriana away from Hiei but Mayuri just sat down at the table and began nibbling on some bread. The boys then hopped outside to pull a raging Kiri off Hiei and drag her inside while Kurama help Hiei up and inside after Kiri. In the living room Yusuke and Kuwabara realized that Kiri was not going to move anymore as she pulled against their holds. When Hiei entered the room she growled loudly.
 
“How dare you!” She shouted. “How dare you do that you lying bastard. How dare you take down her barriers and then crush her all together! How dare you promise something that you forget as soon as she is gone!” Mayuri was now standing in the doorway watching her best friend explode at Hiei. “How can you face her, knowing that you didn't save her or know that you are the reason she committed suicide and to deprive herself of me! You fucking bastard! You took her away from me!” Everyone in the room was quiet. Kiri was breathing heavily, the things she had shouted took her breath from her. Hiei was looking in between Kiri and Mayuri. Mayuri just stood there, looking ahead of her. How she had wanted to yell the same things at Hiei instead of having Kiriana do it for her. She felt Hiei's eyes finally stop on her and she turned to the stairs and walked up them. Kurama, Kuwabara, Yusuke, and Yukina were completely confused but knew something bad was going on. In Yusuke's and Kuwabara's confusion, they had loosened their grips and Kiri ripped her arms from their grasp. She turned and walked to the stairs that Mayuri had walked up only seconds before. Before she began climbing them she glared once more at Hiei over her shoulder. “You sicken me,” she said before running up the stairs.
 
“What was that about?” Kuwabara asked out loud but Hiei just disappeared.
 
Upstairs Kiri was sitting in Mayuri's room, on the window seat, staring outside with a black kitten in her lap, sleeping. Kiri continue to pet the koneko until she heard a soft knock on the door. “Come in.” Kiri said softly and Kurama walked into the room. Kiri put a finger to her lips to signal to Kurama he needed to whisper. “What do you need?”
 
“I was wondering why you said that to Hiei.” Kurama asked as her stood in the middle of the room.
 
Kiri let out a huge sigh and looked out the window. In the reflection Kurama could faintly see sadness and pain. “That is not my story to tell. Ask Hiei because Mayuri could barely tell me.” Kurama nodded and walked towards the door.
 
He was about to step out when he turned and asked, “Have you seen Mayuri? Yukina has been looking for her everywhere. She wants to make sure that Mayuri healed well.”
 
Kiri smiled slightly, “She's resting.” She then indicated the little kitten in her lap, “Panther demons also have kitten forms.” Kurama nodded again before leaving the room.
 
`Thank you.' A voice in Kiri's head stated.
 
“You're welcome.” Kiri replied out loud to the kitten's mental words.
 
“You have done so much for me now and in the past that I regret leaving you. I am sorry for the hole I left in your heart when I died. I wasn't thinking about you then and for that I apologize.'
 
“It's alright, we are here now.” Kiri smiled and hugged the kitten.
 
 
 
 
Dark: That's the end of this chapter. Review if you want another chapter. Remember the sooner you review the more inspired I become to write the next chapter! Ja!