Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dancer, Mayuri ❯ Mayuri's Missing ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark: Hi all! I have a new chapter for you so enjoy
 
Thanks to you my reviewers.
 
Disclaimer: Don't own Yu Yu Hakusho and never will *bursts into tears* I wish I did.
 
The next few days Mayuri remained in her kitten form. When it was time for her to return to school Mayuri reluctantly began getting ready for it. She was at Genkai's, packing up the few clothes she had brought while Kiri was huffing on her bed. “What's the point of that ningen thing anyway? It's not like you can use what you learn in Makai.”
 
Mayuri just sighed, “Let's not get into this right now. Let's go.” Mayuri tossed the backpack onto her shoulder and walked from the room with Kiri following her. They went downstairs where they were intercepted by Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Yukina.
 
“Where are you going?” Yusuke asked.
 
“We are going to my house.” Mayuri replied as she shifted to her human form and tugged on her black jacket.
 
“Why?” Kuwabara inquired.
 
“I have school tomorrow and Kiriana is not going to stay here if I have anything to say about it.” Mayuri was getting annoyed with the questioning.
 
“Since you are in school why doesn't Kiriana come over to train with Master Genkai?” Yukina suggested.
 
“That sounds good. See you tomorrow, Yukina!” Kiri shouted as she followed Mayuri out of the door.
 
 
At school the next day Mayuri did not remove her head from the desk. She was constantly yelled at by her teachers but they soon gave up seeing as their words never made it into Mayuri's head. At lunch Mayuri walked up to the roof of the school where she sat in the shade of a building and rested her head against the wall. She felt her eyes drooping and soon she was asleep.
 
FLASHBACK!!!!!!!!!
 
`So alone. So cold. He hasn't come for me.'
 
He is on his way. He will be here soon. A part of me argued.
 
Why don't you tell her the truth? She has been forgotten and that's what she gets for giving out her heart so easily. He used her. She deserves the pain she feels. A dark voice in her head replied.
 
Truth, Forgotten, Pain. These words ran through her head over and over again and they didn't stop. Soon they were the exact words she began to chant, “Truth, forgotten, pain. Truth, forgotten, pain.”
 
That's right little one. You're alone and always will be. No one can stop me now. The Frozen Teardrop will be mine.
 
END FLASHBACK!!!!!!!
 
Mayuri heard movement next to her and she hopped up instantly and raised her claws that she grew, ready to strike. “Whoa, whoa, Maya, It's me, Kurama.” Mayuri finally recognized the red hair of the person in front of her and she lowered her claws and sheathed them.
 
“What do you want?” She asked as she walked to the edge of the building to watch the people below.
 
“I was just wondering where you were.” Kurama replied as he observed Mayuri. After a few minutes of silence he asked, “What are you thinking about?”
 
“When you are up here, it makes you feel like god, watching life unravel from above, taking no part in it but also playing the part of the person who sees what's happening and has the chance to change it.” Mayuri replied as her onyx gaze followed a blonde girl as she ran into the waiting arms of her boyfriend.
 
“I'm just wondering but what happened that made you react like you did when I first came up here?”
 
Mayuri just shrugged, “Bad dream.”
 
“I think it was more than just a bad dream.” Kurama pushed.
 
“That's your problem. You think, and one day it's gonna get you killed.” Mayuri said as she glanced at Kurama from the corner of her eye. She then turned around and was almost in the door that leads to the lower level of the school when Kurama grabbed her arm and turned her to face him.
 
“It has something to do with your problem with Hiei. Please, Maya. Tell me.” Mayuri looked down, suddenly interested in the ground. “Please.”
 
When she looked up he was startled to see tears in her eyes, “He broke my heart,” she said and then tugged her arm from Kurama's grasp running down the stairs. Kurama just stood there until the bell rang. He did not see Mayuri for the rest of the school day and assumed that she had gone home. That is until after school at the arcade Yusuke and Kuwabara had dragged him to.
 
“You guys are going to melt your brains by playing all those videogames.” Kurama said as they walked out of the arcade at five o'clock.
 
“Hn. I don't think they had brains to begin with.” Hiei said as he joined them walking down the street.
 
“Yeah! Wait, what?” Kuwabara said confused.
 
“Point taken.” Kurama while he sweatdropped.
 
“Hey,” Yusuke said getting everyone's attention, “isn't that Bunny Girl over there?” He asked pointing to a frazzled girl with pink hair looking like she was searching for something.
 
“Yes, that is Kiriana. Hey Kiriana! Over here!” Kurama shouted to her and as soon as she spotted them a look of relief flowed over her face.
 
She rushed over as fast as she could and said, “Hey guys, I am so glad I found you!” She said, “I hate being alone around so may ningens. Now, I need your help…”
 
“Wait, you're alone? Where is Maya?” Kurama asked.
 
Kiriana's eyes filled with tears, “You haven't seen her? She is who I need help with. I have not seen her since she left this morning for that stupid ningen thing that you have for five days.”
 
 
Mayuri wandered aimlessly. That damn voice in her head was filling her head with dejecting words and it wouldn't shut up.
 
The only way to stop me is to give up. The voice mocked her in her head
 
`Doesn't sound so bad.' Mayuri thought
 
Don't listen to that damn voice. You have to live on. Kiriana needs you and so do your friends Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kurama. Another voice scolded Mayuri.
 
They don't need you. They have each other and Kiriana has grown attached to that red head. She can survive without you. Everyone can. The bad voice insisted.
 
Don't leave Kiriana like that. She doesn't need to grieve for you again. You are like her sister. Don't break her heart or that other guy's. That Hiei will have his heart broken too.
 
That stupid guy who left her to die? He doesn't care and Kiriana won't know she's gone because she will be too wrapped up with that boy of hers.
 
Mayuri stopped walking and looked around, taking in her surroundings. She was on the bank of a river with a beautiful waterfall off a large cliff to her right. She watched the water pass as the two voices in her head continued to argue. Finally the good voice ran out of things to say and the dark voice seemed to posses Mayuri. She walked to the edge of the cliff and spread her arms wide. She closed her eyes as she felt her body lean forward, the rush of wind, and then the weightlessness of falling.
 
 
Dark: Review if you want to see the next chapter! MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *Cough Cough*