Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dancer, Mayuri ❯ Sedative ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark: Happy Holidays to all and here is my early present to you all who enjoy my story! I don't know if I can write and update any more before Christmas but I will take my computer with and write as much as possible. So, happy holidays to all and to all, enjoy!
 
“Get away from me, woman!”
 
“Come on! I only want to help you get better!”
 
“Not with that huge ass needle you're not!”
 
“It's for you own good!”
 
“That's what you said when you threw me into that puddle of quick sand and we both know how that turned out!”
 
“Hey! I got you out!”
 
“After I nearly suffocated!”
 
“You have to give me credit that I got you out before you died!”
 
“You threw me into it in the first place!”
 
“You were afraid of the sand!”
 
“Not all sand but quick sand tends to kill people and demons alike!”
 
“Come on, be nice!”
 
“Am I ever nice?”
 
“True.”
 
“You guys! Stop standing there and confiscate the needle before she tries to kill me with it again!”
 
The gang had been watching Kiri chase Mayuri with a four foot needle and learning more than they needed to know about the kind of adventures Kiri and Mayuri had had.
 
“But Mayuri! It's going to help you with your addiction!” Kiri shouted as she jumped over the coffee table while Mayuri jumped over the couch.
 
“My addiction isn't that bad. It's better than it could be.”
 
“We don't need you jumping people like you did Hiei because you hear that word.” Kiri hopped over the couch and Mayuri dashed away behind the gang. Kiri tried to cut through the group but as she went, Hiei snatched the needle from her, and lifted the needle to his nose to smell what the liquid was inside.
 
He looked up at Kurama and said, “It's a sedative.”
 
Kiri grinned sheepishly and Mayuri smirked before she disappeared in a blur and the needle Hiei held disappeared. When she reappeared, she stood in front of them, holding the needle like a weapon.
 
“If any of you try and stop me, I will sedate you.”
 
No one moved but Kurama looked over at Kiri and asked, “How much sedative did you put in that thing?”
 
Again Kiri grinned sheepishly, “A lot?” Kurama looked away and shook his head.
 
`Let's see,' Mayuri thought, `Kurama, Kiri, and Hiei would try to stop me from having fun by reeking havoc on the city and Kuwabara would be guilty about me sedating them all so, I guess Yusuke and me will have all the fun.' With another smile, Mayuri disappeared and when she reappeared, she tossed the empty needle to the side and everyone except Yusuke sunk to the ground.
 
Yusuke looked at his friends, “What the hell happened?”
 
Mayuri smiled, “Oh, they were sedated. I thought you and I could have the most fun.”
 
Yusuke looked up smiling, “Then, let's go.” Mayuri appeared by the door and tossed Yusuke his car keys.
 
“Let's blow this joint,” And they both walked out of the door.
 
“Okay guys, dinner's ready!” Yukina walked into the living room to see Kurama, Hiei, Kiri, and Kuwabara unconscious on the ground. She saw the needle in the corner and went to it. She sniffed the tip and smelt the sedative before she flipped the needle to find the scent of the one who touched the plunger. She smelt Mayuri's scent.
 
Taking the needle into the kitchen to throw it away, Yukina shook her head and said, “I told Kiriana that she would never sedate Mayuri.
 
 
The first place they went was the arcade. In her few years of human life, Mayuri had played one or two video games. But she never played any of the games that were there. Yusuke looked at her in shock when she told him she didn't know how to play most of the games.
 
“You have got to be kidding me. Well, how long do you think those sedatives will last?” Yusuke asked causing Mayuri to smirk.
 
“Who knows?” Mayuri shrugged and then said, “Maybe you should start teaching me how to play these now.” Yusuke nodded and put two tokens in one of the machines.
 
An hour later a large crowd had gathered around Mayuri and Yusuke as they battled each other. Yusuke was sweating with concentration while Mayuri looked at the game dully. Finally she said, “Okay, this is getting boring. Time to end this.” Mayuri pressed a few buttons and the game ended, flashing words that said that Mayuri was the winner and Yusuke was the loser. Mayuri put in her initials and then walked away, the crowd of people that had surrounded them parted for her like the red sea.
 
Once outside the arcade, Mayuri yawned and stretched, thinking, `Okay, I thought Yusuke was going to be fun to hang with but he's boring.' Mayuri rolled her shoulders and began to walk down the street. When she reached the end of the block, she heard running footsteps and Yusuke appeared at her side.
 
“How did you do that on the game?” Yusuke asked and Mayuri sighed.
 
“I saw that opening a long time ago and wanted to see if you ever blocked it, which you never did, and when I got bored, I went for it and you lost.”
 
“Oh. Where are you going now?”
 
Mayuri shrugged and said, “I have no ide…” Mayuri froze and her eyes widened as her nose quivered. “I smell…apples.”
 
Yusuke looked frightened, “Oh shit.”
 
Then Mayuri disappeared.
 
 
Hiei sat up, holding his head. The sedative didn't have that strong of effect on him, only enough to knock him out for an hour while the others would be out all night but it did give him one hell of a head ache. He slowly got to his feet with the help of the table next to the couch. He then growled, his eyes glinting a dark crimson with anger, and disappeared out the window.
 
He followed Mayuri's scent to find her at a chaotic scene. Mayuri was growling loudly as she tried to push past Yusuke to get one of the apples from the table outside the market. The owners of the store looked at Mayuri with wide eyes as did many bystanders.
 
“Give me an apple!” Mayuri shouted and Hiei rushed forward, gripped her arms and pulled her away from Yusuke. After restraining her, his eyes flitted over the humans as his bandana glowed, and their minds erased the scene they had just seen and went on with their lives.
 
Hiei pulled Mayuri into the trees and Yusuke followed. He moved to restrain Mayuri with one arm before he hit Yusuke in the head, “Are you really that big of an idiot? You should know that apples are easy to find in the city. You're just luck nothing drastic happened or Koenma would have your head.”
 
“I'm sorry, okay!” Yusuke shouted as he clutched his head.
 
Hiei growled and hit him again, “Be quiet fool, before I rip out you vocal cords. I'm taking her back to the temple.” With that, Hiei tossed a fuming Mayuri over his shoulder and disappeared in the direction of the temple.
 
 
“Please Hiei?” Mayuri asked for what seemed like the millionth time.
 
“No.” As soon as they had arrived back, Hiei had walked over the sedated ones sprawled on the floor and taken her upstairs into a room with sealed windows and door that only Hiei could open. He set her down on the bed and went to sit against the door.
 
“Come on! I'll be good and leave you alone,” Mayuri said sweetly.
 
“You swear?” Hiei asked with a raised eyebrow.
 
“If you get me an apple, I will be silent the whole time I am in here.” Mayuri flashed an innocent smile.
 
Hiei stood slowly, “Fine, stay put.” As quick as lightning, Hiei disappeared out the door, which shut swiftly behind him but Mayuri didn't move. She sat there with a large smile on her face, happy to be getting the apple she had been craving all day.
 
Hiei went into the living room to see none of the sedated detectives on the ground and went into the kitchen to see Yukina standing there, washing dishes. “Where is everyone?” Hiei asked as he went to the refrigerator to grab an apple.
 
“Yusuke came and moved them each into a room to lay down on a bed,” Yukina replied.
 
“Alright. I'll be watching Mayuri until she calms down or the kitsune has created something to calm her down.” Hiei then left, an apple in hand as he walked up the stairs.
 
When he arrived back into the room, he tossed Mayuri the apple and she gave a squeal of joy as she caught it and began nibbling on it, purring loudly. Hiei smirked as he leaned against the wall. `I forgot how cute she was when she purrs.' He thought as she continued nibbling her apple with her eyes shut in delight and a large smile on her face.
 
D: I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will write as mush as I can. Please read and review.
 
S: Yes, and we all wish you…
 
Dark, Shadow, Kurama, Hiei, Kiri, Mayuri, Keiko, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Yukina, Botan, Genkai, and Koenma: Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night!