Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Elementals Return ❯ Chapter 2: Welcome Chosen Four ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
KS: Next chapter! Read my other stories!! Seriously!!

Notes: Kurounue is alive. Kori never formally met Yoko or Kurounue; she only bumped into them, as any theif would have. Anything else I think of, I'll tell you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 2: Welcome Chosen Four

"Sir, I have some bad news," a guard stated. He stood in front of the white cloaked figure, wishing he could be under someone else's gaze.

White eyes stared at him, merciously. "Well," he drawled. "What the hell is it? Speak now, I haven't got all day."

"The Guardians have been found by the Prince of Reikai, Koenma," the guard said, shifting from one foot to the other. White eyes turned to slits.

"Excuse me?"

~*~

"There is no business to get down to," Kori snapped. "I want out of here and now."

"Shut it or you'll stay tied up," Yoko growled.

"Is that a threat, Yoko Kurama?"

"Alright, tensions can be high. But we have to discuss the fate of the worlds," Koenma broke in. "Just listen to me for a few minutes.

"You are all aware of the legend of the elementals and the goddesses. Right?" Everyone nodded their heads, except for Kori who turned as pale as death, as Yoko noted. "Thats good. Well, your the chosen four."

"WHAT?!?!?!" Chi, Violet, and Jasmine screamed.

"Thats impossible," Jasmine stated.

"No, thats utterly impossible," Violet muttered.

"Well, you have to be in order to save the worlds," Koenma entered

Kori, of course, had remained silent through the whole thing, finally spoke, "No."

"What?" they all asked.

"But the worlds need you four," Kuwabara stated.

"Screw the worlds," Kori snapped. "What have they done for me? What has being the damn moon kitsune done for me except bring me pain? Put me lower than dirt? Made my life a living hell?" They stared at her in silence. Kori's words seemed to hang in the silence, until she spoke again. "I guess you wouldn't understand. You've been loved. Have had friends, families, probanly even lovers or mates. Imagine, for being what you are, you're family is killed. Your thought of as a curse, not some hero that will save you when the time comes. Your different and not like by other children, becaue you're that way. Would you like to have that life?"

~*~

"How many did you find?" the white cloaked figure asked.

"We found four, Lord Malfrey," the guard stated. "Fire, Thunder, Water, and Spirit Energy."

"Good," Lord Malfrey complimented, which was a rare occassion. "But we need to work faster. We have one month until the eclipse that will make the moon shine, the sun blaze, a single star twinkle, and a single cloud appear."

"Yes," the guard agreed. If he kept on Lord Malfrey's good side, he might stay alive a bit longer. Not like the other ones who had been on this job. "We'll continue right away."

"Good, I'll be busy so don't disturb me. I need to get the Guardiands here, so I can summon the Elementals and finally take control of the worlds."

~*~

A soft knock on the door was made. Kori made no attempt to answer it, only continued to brush her long blonde hair. The door opened but she didn't bother to look up.

"Are you feeling better?" Yoko asked.

"I'll feel fine if you let me out of here," she replied.

"I can't do that. Besides, Koenma talked the three of them into it," Yoko stated, and then added, "Despite your litte outburst. Your stuck with them and your training starts tomorrow."

"I don't need training," Kori growled.

He sat down next to her on the bed and smiled. "Of course you do." She just glared at him. "Everyone needs to improve in one thing or another."

"I'm fine the way I am. I don't want to be perfect."

"Your a strange one, Kori."

"Get out of here."

"I'm sorry, but I have to stay here. Koenma thinks you'll run away and he told me to watch you."

"Oh fabulous."

~*~

"Welcome to the training grounds in Makai," Botan annouced. "I'll show you to your rooms so you can unpack your stuff and get situated. Then you can train, train, train."

"Yukina!" Kuwabara shouted, skipping up the stairs. "Yukina! Yukina! Yuina!!"

The rest just stared.

(The Rest of the Urameshi Team: O____O ()()()()()()())