Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Fire in Your Eyes ❯ Waking Up ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
****Rene's P.O.V.****
The silence of sleep had always been a disturbing thing for me to hear. Trapped in a dream in my subconscious I slowly wondered what was going to happen in the future. I have managed to keep my identity a secret for a few thousand years and now was the first time since my race was common that the world would know of me. The thought scared me just for the fact that everyone knew what I possessed, the Kieania, my most precious gift. The only thing I ever received from my people that hadn't worn away or disappeared entirely.
 
Many people knew legends and fairy tales of my people from when they were alive. We were known as the original race for from our kind others were born. That is why many demons possess the power of an element. The only difference between my self and them is that they aren't pure demon. I'm positive that demons of this age don't understand the concept that they are part something besides a demon. The only people that would surely understand are those who have lived longer then I such as Touya or perhaps the other man from the day.
 
Suddenly a dream washed over me like the waves of the sea. A flashback to that day molded into my vision and due to me being stuck in my subconscious until the time arose that my body recovered. It wasn't the kind of day that would ring doom and gloom into the air but more like a day you would lay in a field of grass and watch the clouds drift by. Oh how the day could deceive…
 
****Kurama's P.O.V.****
 
I watched as Hiei picked the girls body up and flung her over his shoulder. He grunted and started to walk back to Koenma's office with the unconscious woman draped over his shoulder. Botan watched him walk away with the girl then turned her attention towards me with a questioning gaze.
 
“I still don't get how she can be an Elemental Demon. For as long as I've been the Grim Reaper there has never been one Elemental Demon that has died. The recorded deaths only go back 6000 years or so. The Elemental Demons were all killed 5000 years ago. It says in the records. So how can she be an Elemental Demon.?” Botan asked. She was obviously flustered.
 
“She just is. This Keiania she is protecting has kept her alive for the past 5000 years. It's that or she is Immortal but that's highly unlikely. We had better get back before Koenma starts fuming.” Kurama said as he started to walk back to the main building.
 
“But I still don't get it.” Botan complained as she drifted slowly back towards the buildings.
 
****Blondie's P.O.V.****
 
I could feel my body starting to wake up. The feeling in my fingers was just starting to tingle. Falling from my dream at the last moment I waited for my body to completely wake up. As soon as I had all my senses back, I took over my body. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. There was the girl from before, a red head… oh yeah the fox demon, and then there was that fire demon who was sitting over by one of the two windows in the room. Rolling my head off to one side I looked at the pillow my head was on, It was light blue. At least they had a sense in taste. I closed my eyes and waited to see if they noticed I was awake.
 
“How is she?” A girl's voice came.
 
“I think she's waking up.” A man said. Okay so they knew I was awake… or at least semi awake.
 
“Eh…” I growled. Let's try and make this as realistic as it can be…
 
“Yep. She's up.” Another man said. Okay what next… I lifted my head and looking around slowly. After getting the full view of the room I plopped my head back down on the pillow and sighed. This was gonna be fun.
 
“Meh…” I mumbled rolling onto my side.
 
“You shouldn't be moving yet.” The blue headed girl said. I glanced up at her with a glare. She took a few steps back and laughed nervously.
 
“Where the hell am I?” I asked in a slightly pissed off way. I had every right to be pissed off too.
 
“The Infirmary.” The girl said nervously.
 
`That's right… She's a Grim reaper… ne? Botan I think it was…' I looked around the room again and noticed everything was white… Except the pillow. I rolled my eyes and looked from person to person.
 
“Great…” Sighing a pushed my self up so I could sit up straight.
 
“You probably-“
 
“Shut up.” I said glaring harshly at the Kitsune Youki. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. Almost instantly I felt the cold steel of a sword at my throat and a pair of blood red eyes a few inches away from my own.
 
“Sit down.” He said in a deathly quiet tone. `Damn Fire Demon' I thought pulling away from his sword edge. He only followed me with his blade making sure it was pressed firmly aginst my throat. I sent him a threatening glare before snatching the blade of the sword in my hand making a small stream of blood flow down my arm to drip on the bed sheets.
 
“Common. Slice my head off. I know you want to.” I smiled innocently then slid my hand down the blade of the sword. `That kinda hurt…' I thought resentfully. A grin cracked at the corner of his mouth. I guess I hadn't noticed it earlier but he had wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled my body closer to his so I couldn't back away from his blade any further.
 
“Gladly” He said his sneer turning into a full-blown smirk. Just before he could behead me, the Fox Demon stepped in.
 
“Hiei.” He said warningly.
 
`I guess his name is Hiei… Holy Shit! That kid! But… he was so little the last time I met him!' I thought completely surprised. Hiei looked up at the Kitsune then back down at me. `And too think I'd be on the other end of his sword. Now that's just not right.' I wanted to shake my head in disappointment but his sword was still stuck in my throat. I leaned my head back letting him hold me up. His sword still hadn't left my throat. `Damn him. That really hurts!'
 
For a brief moment, he looked kinda confused as his grip around my waist tightened making it hard to breathe. He stared at me for the longest time… almost as if he was trying to read my mind or something… Then it hit me. `That bandana… I forgot all about his Jagan eye! Quit reading my thoughts you insensitive jerk!'