Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Fire in Your Eyes ❯ Duel in the Forest ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
****The girls P.O.V.****
 
I ran through a large hole in the wall and past the demons. They were a group of element demons. One lunged at me as I ran. I jumped up quickly and dodged his hands. I knew they wanted the Keiania and I was going to die before it was taken from me again. I focused my senses on the pack of demons and realized that they were mostly fire and water demons. I sprinted away from the building and towards a near by forest. There I could set up a nice set of all natural traps for them. I looked back and saw them following me. Smirking, I entered the forest. Jumping up into a tree a used my powers to cloak my self in the shadows.
 
“The fire in your eyes after staring at the sun…” I sang as I the bid the plants to do my will. Looking through the leaves I picked out a few of the stronger looking demons and decided on which ones to use my tricks on.
 
“Come out come out where ever you are!” One of the female demons sang. Her eyes flipped around as she tried to spot me. She pulled a rather long dagger out of her pocket and walked over to a bush. She jabbed the dagger into the bush and stopped. A vine wrapped around her wrist and slowly pulled her in. “AHHHH!” She screamed as another vine whipped out and tied it's self around her ankle. The others looked at her and started to help her but before they got there she was pulled into the bushes. A loud snap came from behind the bushes and as one of the demons looked behind the bush, he too was pulled in.
 
“When I ran it felt like I didn't run away, When I escaped it didn't feel like I got away.” I sang softly. My voice echoed throughout the forest. The demons looked around. Some of them, mostly the females, were starting to crack. The others were rather calm. Those were the ones I expected to last the longest. I looked around and picked my next victim. He was a wind demon unlike the rest. He was standing next to a large pine tree with ivy growing on it. My eyes glowed slightly as he stepped backwards towards the tree.
 
The Ivy vines withdrew from the tree and latched onto the demon. He yelled in fright as they started to drain his energy. A fire demon jumped up and cut the ivy off of him. The ivy in turn fell to the ground in a pile of ash. Three larger ivy vines fell from the tree, landed on him, instantly draining him of his powers, and killed him. He fell to the ground as a pile of skin and bones. The others at this point ran. They split up and almost at the same moment they disappeared in the darkness, they were killed. Only two remained in the light. They were a pair of water demons. I looked at them intently. They looked like twins… both had dark blue hair and lime green eyes.
 
“ Maybe life is like a ride on the free way. Dodging bullets while you try to find your way.” I sang as leaves and pine needles flew at them. The twin closets to me used her powers to block most of the pine needles but was nicked by a few leaves. The other was completely hit with the attack.
 
“SHOW YOUR SELF!” The closets one yelled. I smiled and used the shadows to my advantage. I wasn't about to reveal my self to them. Only a show off would do that. Using my powers, I forced the vines from the forest to shoot at them. I was guessing that these two demons weren't very powerful because they were both caught in my trap. The vines lifted them off of the ground and a few feet into the air.
 
“I'll let you live… just so you can seek revenge on me. Just don't go giving up on my Keiania now. I love the company.” I said as the vines threw them through the trees. I sighed and looked around. No one was around so I climbed from my hiding place. “I am the ancient demon, Rene Miashi. If so much as think about coming after my kieania please do so. Just fight with your whole self next time.” I shouted. A few birds chirped and flew away but other then that the forest was silent.
 
****Normal P.O.V.****
 
Hiei and Botan watched the girl smile triumphantly. She dusted her butt off and started to walk off. Hiei took this as his chance to catch the girl off guard. Disappearing he appeared in a flash behind the girl and dove in for a knockout but, she girl was prepared and barely moved fast enough to parry his attack with her own hands. Hiei swiftly slipped under her guard and threw her to the ground then dove down to pin her to the ground. The girl glared at him for only a moment before flipping herself up to her feet. The girl glared at him and was about to run off but, it suddenly went dark. Looking up the girl noticed that the trees had filtered out and blocked the sunlight from getting in.
 
“Damn” The girl muttered. A rustle came from the right of the girl and she turned as if to look at it. There was a loud thud and the sound of something being cut. Something fell to the ground next to Hiei. It sounded like a branch but he wasn't sure. Another sound of something being cut and a large branch fell from the tree tops casting light on the area. The girl suddenly appeared in the spot of light. She had two strange metal objects latched onto the side of her fore arms. The objects, shaped like the blades of a battle axe glinted with the sun's rays casting a beam of light into the darkness.
 
“What are you?” a male's voice said from the darkness. A tall man stepped out into the light, His hair was as red as a freshly bloomed rose, clothed in a pink school uniform. His emerald green eyes flashed as he flipped his hair back behind his shoulders.
 
“Why should I tell you?” The girl spat at him. The man frowned slightly and looked more closely at the girl. Her eyes were changing between green and blue and the faint scent of rain was present. The girl looked at the man slyly and started to walk away. She almost disappeared into the forest but Botan popped up and pushed her back into the light. The girl lashed out at Botan but missed, barely.
 
“What do you want with me? I have nothing to do with you people!” The girl shouted as she lashed out at something. That something turned out to be Hiei. His crimson eyes glinted as he blocked the girl's weapon with his Kanta. “You're out of line fire demon!”
 
“Hn” Was all Hiei muttered before pushing the girl back a step, putting him into the light.
 
“You obviously don't know who I am fire demon! If you did you would have tried to kill me already.” The girl smirked. She put her arm down. Hiei instantly had his Kanta aginst her throat.
 
“Don't tell me what to do wench!” He whispered coarsely. The girl smirked.
 
“Go ahead. Chop my head off. I'll come back to kill you eventually. Before long you'll be the one who's dead.” The girl smirked as Hiei pressed his Kanta harder against her throat.
 
“What are you talking about?” Hiei asked as he stood behind her so she couldn't back away from the sword.
 
“I'm immortal idiot. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.” The girl said with a smirk.
 
“No one is immortal!” He whispered to her.
 
“I'm the last. Of course, I'm immortal. The Keiania just helps with that issue. I protect, it protects me. It all works out in the end,” The girl said as she leaned into the Kanta. Hiei glared at her a pulled his sword away. The girl stopped and was about to turn around but Hiei knocked her out before she could turn around. The girl's body fell to the ground with a thud and the red headed man walked over to them.
 
“Do you know what she is?” He asked.
 
“She's an Elemental Demon…” Hiei said as she sheathed his sword.
 
“You mean… I thought they were dead…” Botan muttered as she appeared from the shadows.
 
“They were. I guess one survived. There was a rumor going around about their being one in the human world.” The red head said has he looked at the demon before them.
 
“Yeah but who would have thought it was a female. I mean common… at least it wasn't one bent on destruction… or something.” Botan said with a small smile tweaking its way to the corner of her lips.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``````````