Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Goddess Tears ❯ A New Mission:The End of the Three Worlds? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yuu Yuu Hakusho New Season
"The Goddess Tears"
by: Silver Nightingale

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, so please don't sue me.

AN:Well, this is my first time to post a fic of mine here. I hope that you guys would like it. Enjoy!

---

It has been three years since Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama and Hiei had worked together as Reikai Tanteis. Now, each of them is enjoying their life.

Urameshi Yusuke and Yukimura Keiko are both managing the ramen shop. Kuwabara is in his senior years in college and is actually having good grades. Kurama is presently working in his stepfather's business. And Hiei? Who knows? But one thing is for sure, all of them are enjoying their life... after all, they deserve it.

Each of them is now living peacefully and quietly... Who knew that everything was about to change once again and that they had to face their true destiny...


Chapter One
"A New Mission: The End of the Three Worlds?"
September 14, 2002
by: Silver Nightingale


It was such a lovely afternoon in Tokyo! The sky was in between the shade of orange and blue, the birds were singing, the sweet scent of the cherry blossoms filled the air, and the gentle breeze of the wind caressed the leaves on the trees... Perfect!

The streets of Tokyo were busy, as usual, but that does not interrupt the flow of harmony and peace around the entire city.


In a corner of the street, we hear the chime of bells...

"Welcome to the Ramen Shop!" a very familiar voice said. The owner of the voice was non-other than Yukimura Keiko, Urameshi Yusuke's fiancée.

"... Yusuke!" Keiko hissed at the boy besides her.

"Oh, wha--?" Yusuke perked up and said. "Please enjoy your stay."

The customer smiled at the two and sat down on a vacant seat.

"Yusuke, you idiot! Next time pay attention!" Keiko scolded.

"Yeah, whatever Keiko." Yusuke replied, rolling his eyes, but he was smiling.


Meanwhile, in a university not far from the Ramen Shop, a figure sat on his seat, a bit uneasy.


[Did I make it in the dean's list? Oh, did I? Did I? Did I?] the person with bright orange hair asked himself.

Yes! You've guessed it! It was Kazuma Kuwabara.

A teacher entered the room and greeted the class. "Now, for the moment you all have been waiting for--the lucky ones who had made it in the dean's list are: Jurui Kyota..."

The class applauded, the teacher continued...

"...Takeshi Ryu..."

The class applauded again.

"And... Kazuma Kuwabara."

The class applauded and Kuwabara immediately looked up and smiled widely. [Yes!]

"I congratulate the three for making it, as for the other's, please don't give up and give it your best shot next semester. That is all, dismissed." the teacher then walked out of the room while the students prepared themselves to leave.

[I made it! I made it!] Kuwabara thought as he stepped outside the room, whistling a tune. [Oh yeah, I gotta thank Kurama for that.] And with that thought, the carrot-top dashed towards the place where Kurama works.


Now, we take a look at a busier street, where a tall building majestically stands. Inside one of the many rooms in the building, a redhead was silently seated and was typing something in his computer.


"Hmm... let's see..." the redhead said quietly. "If I should delete this file, then... wait... Maybe I should store this program first." The redhead sighed softly. "This is getting a bit complicated..."

Just then, the bell rang, signaling the end of work.

[Well, that's it for today. I guess I'll figure out what to do tomorrow.] he smiled at the thought.

"Shuuichi!" a girl chirped. "Want me to walk you home?"

The redhead, Minamino Shuichi, sweatdropped. "Thanks for the offer Narusawa, but I have to go somewhere first. Maybe next time." Shuichi gave a smile and the girl blushed.

"Okay, Shuichi. But remember! Next time, okay?" Narusawa winked. The girl then went on her way home.

Shuichi smiled again, this time to himself. He then followed the girl's lead and went inside the elevator and descended the building. The truth was, he did not have anywhere to go but home. He just did not want his co-worker friend to accompany him, he liked to be alone. But of course, being the gentleman that he was, he could not say that out loud. He had a reputation to protect.

As the elevator opened, he slowly walked out of the building and started to head to his apartment, when all of a sudden, a voice called out his name.

"Shuichi!" a running figure shouted.

Shuichi smiled once again, "Kuwabara!" he responded.

Kuwabara panted once he had reached Shuichi. After all these years, he had finally gotten used to calling Kurama his human name. "Yo Shuichi! Guess what?" Kuwabara grinned.

Shuichi looked at him, "Gee, you didn't run all the way here from your school now, did you?" the redhead asked with a voice filled with concern.

"Heck! Don't worry 'bout that, Shuichi!" Kuwabara then stood to his full height and pointed at himself. "I, the Great Kazuma Kuwabara, has endless stamina!" he then laughed aloud.

Shuichi shook his head, but the smile never left his features.

"So, guess what happened!" Kuwabara asked again.

Shuichi thought for a moment, "I have no idea. I give up." he answered.

"Well, you just happened to be looking at one of the three lucky persons who made it in the Dean's List!!" Kuwabara stated loudly, eyes closed and a smile on his face, very contented.

Shuichi's eyes widened a bit and his smile became of pure happiness, "Congratulations Kuwabara!" he said.

Kuwabara laughed a bit. "I couldn't have done it if it hadn't been for you, you know? Thanks for teaching me!"

"No problem. But if it hadn't been for your determination, you wouldn't have made it." Shuichi informed.

"Oh Shuichi! C'mon! Stop being so polite and humble." Kuwabara told the redhead.

Shuichi gave a little laugh. Then, an idea went pass his mind. "I know! Let's go to the Ramen Shop, it's my treat."

Kuwabara's mouth fell, "Really? Thanks! You're a pal!" he then smiled.

"No problem." Shuichi replied. "Besides, it has been a while since we have last seen Yusuke and Keiko."

The two then walked towards the Ramen Shop while having a casual conversation.


Meanwhile, in the Spirit World, everything was not as peaceful.


"Koenma! Koenma!" a blue-haired ferry girl, Botan, ran towards the demi-god's office.

"What is it Botan?" Koenma asked the flushed Botan.

"Bad news, Koenma! Very bad news!" Botan replied.


Back in Tokyo, Shuichi and Kuwabara finally made it to the Ramen Shop. The bells at the restaurant chimed once again as they went inside.


"Welcome to the Ramen Shop!" Keiko greeted.

"Please enjoy your stay." Yusuke followed.

Keiko was the first one to recognize the new customers, "Kuwabara! Shuichi! It's been a while." she smiled.

"Eh?" Yusuke looked at the customers. "Ah! Kuwabara! Kura--er--Shuichi! What brings you two here?" he then walked towards the two and gave Kuwabara a high-five.

Shuichi smiled, "Well, we're here because Kuwabara here made it in the Dean's List." he informed the others.

Keiko smiled. She went to congratulate Kuwabara but then Yusuke laughed hard. "Can't be Shuichi!" Yusuke's eyes were then filled with tears as he laughed and laughed.

Shuichi sweatdropped. He was about to say something when suddenly, the whole place has been engulfed with fire.

"How dare you laugh at the Great Kazuma Kuwabara?" Kuwabara fumed.

Yusuke just kept on laughing. "Oh, c'mon Shuichi! You're joking, right?"

Shuichi sweatdropped as he tried to stop Kuwabara from murdering Yusuke. "I'm afraid that I am not joking, Yusuke."

"Lemme go, Shuichi! I'm gonna beat him shitless!!" Kuwabara continued to go berserk.

Shuichi gave a pleading look. "He's just joking Kuwa--"

THONG!!!

Yusuke howled in pain. "What did you do that for Keiko?" he complained.

"You idiot!" Keiko muttered, holding the bent frying pan that she had just used to hit Yusuke's head with.

"What?!" Yusuke also complained.

"Yusuke, you're such a kid!" Keiko shouted.

The two then started to argue.

Kuwabara and Shuichi sweatdropped.


Back in the Spirit World, Botan had just finished briefing Koenma about the new trouble.


"What?! It can't be? Can it?" Koenma exclaimed.

Botan looked nervously at the demi-god, "What shall we do Koenma? If we don't do anything fast, the who--" but then, Koenma hastily interrupted.

"Get Yusuke and the others, NOW!!"


Meanwhile, in the Demon World, we see a familiar figured cloaked in black with his sword out, ready for battle.


"Damn it!" the black figure cursed silently. "They just keep coming and coming..."

Just then, another demon attacked him. But, to the demon's surprise, the black figure just vanished. The demon looked around, but all of a sudden, it howled in agony. It was dead.

"Hn. Pathetic." the black figure stated.

"Hiei!" another figure called out.

"Mukuro... What?" Hiei asked, irritated.

"There's no more time to explain. Come!" Mukuro commanded.

Hiei smirked and followed.

The two rushed towards a room, defeating some demons on the way. When they finally arrived at their destination, Mukuro bolted the room shut. She then gathered her energy in her palms and opened a portal.

"Enter the portal, Hiei." Mukuro said.

"Hn." Hiei looked away.

"Enter the portal now! Hurry! There is no more time!" Mukuro commanded.

"And leave you with all the fun? I don't think so, woman." Hiei countered.

"Hiei, stop being stubborn! The portal won't be open for long, enter it, before it's too late." Mukuro commanded once again.

"But--"

"NOW!" Mukuro stated, and summoned a blast of energy to push Hiei in the portal.

"Mukuro! You idiot!! You can't fight all of them alone!!" Hiei shouted but was quickly forced inside the portal, then the portal vanished.

Mukuro gave a small smile as the bolted door behind her continued to bang. "Forgive me Hiei, but there is no other way."

Upon saying that, the door behind her flew open and hundreds of demons entered. Mukuro became serious. "Don't worry, Hiei." She summoned her energy to create a massive wave, instantly, half the demons died. "I can take care of this alone. The Spirit World won't ignore this turmoil..." The demons then attacked her. She evaded the attacks one by one and then sent another wave that killed some demons. "Enjoy working with your comrades again." She then smiled faintly.


Back in peaceful...


THONG!!


Er... I meant to say... Back in Tokyo. ^^;


"You're so rude, Yusuke!" Keiko said as she pounded Yusuke's head again.

"Quit that, Keiko!!" Yusuke argued.

By now, Kuwabara was down the floor laughing insanely while Shuichi was smiling with amusement.

The two continued to argue when all of a sudden, the bell chimed.

"Yusuke!" a voice instantly called.

The four turned and looked around to see who the person was.

"Botan!" Keiko acknowledged, letting go of the frying pan, which coincidentally fell on Yusuke's head again, and ran towards Botan. "It's been so long!"

Botan gave a tiny smile, before returning to the serious face she had earlier. "Yusuke!"

"I'm afraid Yusuke will not be able to talk right now, Botan." Shuichi informed. "He's currently unconscious."

Kuwabara laughed once again, but Keiko and Shuichi quickly sensed that something was wrong.

"Is something the matter, Botan?" Shuichi asked the ferrygirl.

"Yes, you seemed flustered and out of breath." Keiko added with concern, as Kuwabara's laughing could still be heard in the background. A vein popped out of Keiko's forehead, "SHUT UP!!" she said, slapping the poor boy.

"Hey! You shouldn't do that to--"

"Stuff it!" Keiko snapped.

Meanwhile, Yusuke had finally stirred awake. "What the hell happened?" he wondered out loud.

"Yusuke, Botan's here and--" Shuichi started.

"Botan! Good to see you again! Would've talked to yah sooner if it hadn't been for Keiko dropping the pan on my face, and--"

"Yusuke, please! I have serious news." Botan replied, looking at everyone. "It's good that all of you are here. We need to go to the Spirit World right away! Something terrible had happened!" Botan reported, fear gracing her features.

Yusuke and Kuwabara finally sensed that something was indeed wrong.

"What happened, Botan?" Kuwabara asked in a concerned tone.

"Something very terrible, and if we don't hurry, the whole of the three worlds would surely meet it's end!" Botan informed hastily.

"What!?" the four exclaimed in unison.

Botan nodded. "Un. Please you guys. I know that the Spirit Detectives had been disbanded but please... If any of you would be able to help, it would be greatly and highly appreciated. The Spirit World has a new mission for the Spirit Detectives and whether it would be accomplished or not would decide the fate of the world."

---

AN:Well, I'll post the next chapter a couple of days from now. Kindly leave a review and tell me what you think. Is it worth continuing? Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions maybe? Feel free to share them. Thanks!