Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Goddess Tears ❯ The Woman of Cold Ice ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two
"The Woman of Cold Ice"
by: Silver Nightingale

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of its characters so please don't sue me.

AN:Thanks for reading my fics guys, even if no one reviewed. Oh well, can't have it all. Enjoy the next chapter of my fic.

Warning: An original character shall be introduced but don't worry. She won't have any romantic relationship with anyone. If that didn't scare you guys then proceed.

---

Yusuke, Kuwabara, Keiko and Shuichi looked at each other. All were a bit confused and nervous at the same time.

Shuichi was the first one to return back to reality, "Let me get this straight... You are saying that the Spirit Detectives are needed once again in order to save the world, am I right?" he clarified.

Botan nodded, "Yes." she replied.

Silence filed the air... then all of a sudden, Yusuke shouted. "Okay! I'll accept it! Ain't got anything to do 'neways."

Botan instantly smiled, "Really Yusuke? Oh, the Spirit World would never overlook this!" she informed. Her smile then disappeared. "But, the enemies which you will face would be very different from the previous ones... plus, we don't have any data regarding any one of them... no one who had ever challenged them ever lived to tell..."

Keiko's eyes were then filled with concern, "Yusuke, are you sure about this?" the girl did not expect any answer though. She knew Yusuke well, he loved a challenge... especially hard ones, and this one is no exception. She then smiled, "Just be sure to take care of yourself... I don't want any news that you got killed, okay?"

Yusuke smiled back, "Don't worry, Keiko. I'll take care." he took Keiko's hand in his and gently squeezed it for reassurance.

Botan then nodded, "That's one." she then looked at the other two. "How about you, Kuwabara? Would you come?"

Kuwabara smiled and nodded, "Yeah! Wouldn't miss it! If Yusuke's there, then I'm there! Besides, I, the Great Kazuma Kuwabara, could handle anything!" he laughed aloud, but then stopped, "And, the Human World is going to meet its doom, am I right? I don't want to just stand here and do nothing. Just do me a favor, would you Botan?" he asked.

Botan nodded, "What is it?" she inquired.

"Don't tell Yukina anything about this. I don't want her to worry..." Kuwabara trailed off.

"Don't worry about anything, Kuwabara! She won't know." Botan assured.

Kuwabara was silent for a moment, then he pumped his fist in the air. "Alright! I, the Great Kazuma Kuwabara, would join!"

Botan applauded, "That's two!" she then turned towards Shuichi who was in his own world of thoughts. "How about you, Kurama? You would go, right?"

Shuichi took a while to answer, but finally, he started to smile. "Well, I do have work to worry about..."

Botan instantly interrupted, "Oh, I know that Kurama! But don't worry! Koenma would take care of that. Just help with mission, please?" she begged the fox spirit.

Shuichi laughed a bit, "Of course I'll help! I could always take a leave and tell mother that I went somewhere. Besides, I do need to have a break sometimes." he told the girl.
Botan then jumped with joy, "Alright! I got all three of you! Koenma would be very pleased!" she said with much happiness.

Yusuke then smiled, "C'mon then! We would not want whoever-they-are to wait for us, now would we? Besides, we don't have much time." he stated.

Keiko smiled and the other three nodded.

"To the Spirit World!" Kuwabara said.


Meanwhile, somewhere in the Demon World, everything was tranquil. Suddenly, a bright blue light covered the area and a black figure dropped out of nowhere.


Hiei cursed out loud. He then slowly stood up, "Damn that woman!" he then took a look around. He narrowed his eyes, suspicious about the peaceful environment. "Where in the three worlds did that woman send me?" He took another look around but then, lightning flashed and the roar of thunder followed briefly after it. Soon after that, rain begun to fall. "Damn!" Hiei cursed again and looked for a place to stay.


On the other hand, Botan and the party had arrived at the Spirit World.


"Koenma!" Botan called as she entered the demigod's office. "I've got them all!"

Koenma's eyes brightened, "Really? That's great news! Now the three worlds would stand a chance." he said.

Yusuke entered the office, "Yo whazzap, Koenma! Long time no see!" he said loudly with a smile on his face.

Kuwabara followed, "Koenma! What's the mission! I'm so excited to kick some demon ass!" he bragged.

Yusuke turned around, "Hey! Watch what you're saying! I'm a demon, too, remember?" he then smiled. "Anyway, it's not bad to dream and wish that you could kick my ass so dream on!" he then laughed.

Kuwabara frowned. "What did you say, Urameshi?"

Kurama (AN: By the way, I'll be referring to Shuichi as 'Kurama' in both the Spirit World and the Demon World, and 'Shuichi' in the Human World.) entered the office just in time to see his other two companions engage in a round of bashing. Kurama sweatdropped. "You two..."

Botan laid her hand on Kurama's shoulder and said, "I'll take care of this." and with that said she materialized her oar and gave the two a hard hit.
"Gaah!" both cried in unison. They both turned at Botan and exclaimed, "What the hell did you do that for?" while rubbing their heads.

Botan frowned, "May I remind you two of your new mission." she said.

The two looked at each other, "Oh yeah..." Yusuke agreed.

Kurama sweatdropped. [Those two never change...] he mused. He then turned to Koenma who was now getting rather upset. "Koenma, I would just like to ask. Would Hiei be coming with us?"

Koenma shifted his gaze to Kurama. He then considered his question, "That I do not know, Kurama." he said in a voice that only Kurama could hear. He then cleared his throat and added in a louder voice. "That's why I called for you three."

Botan, Yusuke and Kuwabara looked at Koenma and waited for him to continue.

Satisfied with the attention, Koenma continued. "Before you all go to the Demon World, you must try to recruit a new member, given Hiei's absence."

"Who cares about that shrimp?" Kuwabara protested. "We could do well without him."

Koenma shouted, "No you wouldn't! You see, the presence of Hiei would give the team a higher offensive power. But because I do not know where he is, and even if I did, I am almost certain that he would not join anyway, you need another member." he explained impatiently.

"But Koenma," Kurama said before Kuwabara could protest again. "I do not want to sound rude but, there are billions of humans in the Human World. Isn't it kind of hard to find a human with strong spiritual power, given the lack of time?"

Koenma nodded, "I am very well aware of that, Kurama." he stated. "But not to worry, I've already found a suitable one for the team." He then turned his monitor on and turned it around so that the others would be able to see it. There was a picture in the monitor, a picture of a girl with long, flowing purple hair and eyes of golden brown. She has a slightly tanned complexion and she seems to have a cheerful personality.

"Little is known about her past, but the only thing we know is that she is quite powerful. I would say that she could be classified as a class-B fighter. She had mastered how to control the element of ice. She would be a big help in both the team's offensive and defensive strength. Her name is--"

"Kaidasu Narusawa" Koenma finished in unison with Kurama's soft and quite confused voice.

The other three looked at him, "You know her?" Kuwabara asked.

Kurama nodded slightly but did not say anything else.

"She's quite pretty... she your girlfriend?" Yusuke asked with a teasing tone.

"No, Yusuke. She's not my girlfriend... she's my friend in my stepfather's company." Kurama stated, still confused.

Koenma nodded. "I see."

Botan looked at Kurama, "Wait a minute. She's a co-worker of yours but you hadn't sensed anything?" she asked.

Kurama nodded slightly. "That's what confuses me."

Koenma cleared his throat again, "Anyway, she just discovered her powers about two years ago. But she has been training herself rather well. You are to ask her if she would want to take part in the mission. Dismissed!" he stated.


Meanwhile, back in Tokyo, we find Narusawa at the park. She was sitting on a bench and was gazing at the full moon.


[The moon is so bright tonight...] she thought. She then frowned, [Something is not right... I could sense it...] Suddenly, a voice brought her out of her reverie.

"The moon is quite nice, don't you think?" a girl with blue hair and cheerful purple eyes said.

Narusawa smiled warmly at the newcomer, "Good evening!" she greeted.

The girl, Botan, looked at her and smiled. "So, what are you doing here alone?"

Narusawa shook her head gently, "Nothing, I was just musing..." she replied. [She's quite nice...]

Botan smiled once again. She then sat beside Narusawa and enjoyed the night.

The wind was blowing harder this hour, carrying some withered leaves along with it. Crickets could be heard all over the park and occasionally, birds would fly by and sing a short song before deciding to flutter away.

"It's a bit quiet, don't you think so?" Botan asked the other girl.

Narusawa gave Botan a glance before replying. "Yes. Too quiet... it's quite ominous, if you ask me."

"Is that so?" Botan asked. "So you sense it, too..."

Narusawa turned to look at the stranger with her. "What do you mean?

"You know what I mean." Botan replied.

Narusawa slightly frowned and Botan felt that the wind became slightly cooler. [Could it be her power?]

"Who are you?" Narusawa asked.

"I am Botan, the deity of death." Botan replied.

"So you're from the Spirit World... What do you want from me?" Narusawa asked and took a defensive stance.

"Don't worry, don't worry." Botan assured. "Umm... I think it would be better if someone whom you know would talk with you about this... Shuichi!"

Hearing his name, Shuichi slowly stepped out from behind a maple tree and approached Narusawa, "Good evening, Narusawa." he greeted.

"Shu-Shuichi." Narusawa wondered out loud. "What are you doing here?"

Shuichi smiled. "I could ask you the same question."

Narusawa slightly reddened, "You said that you were going somewhere just a while ago..." she then smiled. "I didn't know that you were going to the Spirit World... so does this mean that you're a detective?"

Shuichi laughed a bit, "Yes, I was." he admitted.

Narusawa nodded, "Wait a minute... what do you mean 'was'?" she asked.

Shuichi smiled, "I was a Spirit Detective back then, never mind how, it's quite a long story. Anyway, the team had been disbanded. But now, we had received terrible news. We are not yet sure of who or what the problem is but it is terribly serious and if it is not remedied quickly, the whole three worlds would suffer." he replied.

Narusawa's eyes widened a bit, "Really?" she asked.

Shuichi nodded, "That's why we had reformed, but we have a problem." he paused. "One of our comrade is nowhere to be found. He was last seen in the Demon World, we had no longer heard of him since. Because of that, our offensive strength had slightly weakened." This time, he looked directly in Narusawa's golden brown eyes, startling her slightly. "And that's why we're here."

Upon saying this, the other two detectives revealed themselves from behind two separate maple trees.

Narusawa was surprised. [They masked their energy well... I haven't even felt their presence...] she thought.

Shuichi decided to continue, "We need your help. Would you agree?" he asked.

Narusawa then shifted her gaze on Shuichi. "My help? Why do you need my help?"

Shuichi smiled, "Because you have the ability to control the element of ice and you could be of great help to us. But, we are not forcing you to. You could say no, it's your choice." he stated. "After all, this is really none of your concern. But your help would be highly appreciated."

Narusawa thought for a moment, "I don't know..." she answered slowly and hesitantly. "I could only be of burden to you... All of you are experienced... I, on the other hand, am not."

Botan offered a smile, "Don't worry about that." she said.

Yusuke nodded, "Yup! We would be able to handle it ourselves, but of course, it never hurts to try to get some help." he stated.

Kuwabara grinned, "Besides, we have some time. Botan told me that we have a long walk before the first enemy, so we could teach you about some stuff." he stated.

Shuichi smiled, "So, what do you say?" he asked.

Narusawa gave a weak smile, "I'm terribly sorry. But I do not wish to have any concerns about this mission. Please understand..." she apologized.

Botan pouted, "Are you sure?" she asked once again, hoping that the girl would change her mind.

"I'm quite sure." Narusawa replied. "I'm sorry to have let you down."
Shuichi inwardly sighed, "I can't blame you, Narusawa. But if you change your mind, don't hesitate to tell us." he then handed Narusawa a small, round mirror. "This is a communicator mirror."

Narusawa looked at the item with a confused expression, "Communicator... mirror?" she asked looking at Shuichi.
Botan nodded, "Yep! It would allow you to contact Koenma if ever you should change your mind." she informed.

Narusawa took one last glance at the mirror and then nodded at the four people around her.

Shuichi smiled, "Very well, I hope that we would see each other at the Spirit or the Demon World, Narusawa." he said. "Until then."

Narusawa nodded and gazed at the item in her hand once again. [What should I do?]

---

AN: Well, there you have it. Who is this girl anyway and why is it that she knows about the Spirit World? All shall be revealed in later chapters. For now, just click that little review button and make the writer happy. Nothing is better for a writer than a review to know that her work is being read and that she can somehow make people happy with her stories... ^_^