Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Goddess Tears ❯ The Stream of Life, an Unexpected Reunion ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two
"The Stream of Life, an Unexpected Reunion"
by: Silver Nightingale

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of its characters so please don't sue me.

AN: Thanks to everyone who read my fic so far. Hope you guys would like this chapter, too

---

The three just stood there, shocked. Kurama laughed silently as Narusawa started to approach the party. Yusuke finally managed to say something, "Narusawa! I thought you didn't wanna come." he greeted the girl.

Narusawa turned crimson with embarrassment from the comment, "I guess I changed my mind?" she replied with a small smile.

Kuwabara returned her smile and asked, "What made you change your mind?" he then laughed aloud. "Afraid to just die helplessly in the Human World?" he added.

"Kuwabara!" Botan scolded.

Narusawa gave a laugh, "Don't worry, Botan. It's alright." she then looked at the group. "I thought about it last night and I decided to help." She then gazed at the now sunny sky and murmured, "Also, part of what Kuwabara had said..." she shook her head gently. "Never mind."

Kurama smiled, understanding what the slightly lost girl tried to say. "We understand. We know that this is quite a pressure on you but please do not worry." Kurama stated.

"Yeah! Everything's going to be ok!" Botan said, holding up a peace sign.

"You'll fit in perfectly!" Kuwabara told Narusawa. "And if you don't, we'll throw Urameshi out and put you in his place." He added in a low tone to the new girl.

Narusawa sweatdropped.

"I heard that!" Yusuke shouted at Kuwabara. He then tackled the poor boy down.

"Hey!" Kuwabara complained.

Soon, the two were engaged in a round of beating each other up, which made Narusawa sweatdrop again.

"Now that is how strong friendship is between the team." Botan informed Narusawa as she started to giggle.

"Are they always like this, Shuichi?" Narusawa asked Kurama silently.

Kurama sighed, "Yes... and no." he replied as he threw a smile at Narusawa.

"They're weird, huh?" Botan asked Narusawa.

Narusawa grinned, "In a way yes... but I kind of like it." she replied.

Botan and Narusawa laughed.

"You two?" Kurama called. "I hate to disrupt your conversation but what are we supposed to do about them?" he asked as he pointed at the two fighting boys.

Botan giggled again, "Let's leave them like that." she suggested.

Narusawa sweatdropped, "Are we sure that we would want to do that?" she inquired. She then looked at Botan with questioning eyes.

"I think not." Botan replied with a smile.

"I thought so." Narusawa said.

[They're getting along quite fine.] Kurama thought to himself as he watched Botan and Narusawa interact with each other. [And I am almost certain that Kuwabara and Yusuke would not make such a big deal about Narusawa being a new member of the team...] He then smiled. [And I am sure that I do not mind having her as a new team mate so... I think that everything would go quite smoothly.]

"Shuichi!" a voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts.

"What is it, Narusawa?" Kurama asked.

"Help us! Yusuke and Kuwabara are a bit tough to separate." Narusawa complained as she pulled on Yusuke.

"Hurry, Kurama!" Botan shouted as she almost got hit by one of Kuwabara's stray punches.

Kurama smiled. "Coming!"


Meanwhile, far ahead from the party, a shadowy figure (AN: Guess who the 'shadowy figure' is! ^_^) was walking slowly.


Hiei (AN: Yes! You've guessed it right!) approached the stream and decided to stop for awhile. He sat down on the grassy field, [Damn! This is so pathetic.] He thought. [I can't even think of a reason why I keep on tormenting myself, walking to who knows where.] He frowned. [Mukuro is irritating me. Stupid woman.] He complained to himself.

Suddenly, he felt something. Hiei jerked his head up, instantly alert. He narrowed his eyes. [Someone's coming.] He then flitted away.


Back to the other party. Botan, Narusawa and Kurama finally managed to pull Kuwabara and Yusuke apart. They were already following the Stream of Life, which according to Nateki's last words would lead them to their next destination. Yusuke was in the lead, followed by Kurama and Narusawa, finally, Botan and Kuwabara tailed at the back.


"Umm... Shuichi," Narusawa started.

"Yes, what is the matter, Narusawa?" Kurama replied.

"If you don't mind me asking." Narusawa paused. "Well, Botan called you... Kuram--"

"Oh, that?" Kurama immediately interrupted. He gave a faint smile. "That is nothing. It is just a name they call me, pay no attention to it."

"Is that so?" Narusawa asked again.

Kurama only nodded.

"I see..." Narusawa thought for a moment. "Would you mind if I call you 'Kurama', Shuichi?"

Kurama hid his surprise, "I do not see any reason for you to not call me by that name." he then smiled at the girl.

Narusawa giggled, "Okay... Kurama." she joked.

Meanwhile, Kuwabara started to become curious about what the Kurama and Narusawa was talking about. He gently elbowed Botan to get her attention.

"What?" Botan demanded sharply.

"Look at them." Kuwabara pointed at the pair in front of them.

Botan raised a brow at the carrot top but did what she was told to do. She saw that Narusawa and Kurama were chatting with each other. "So?"

"What could they be talking about?" Kuwabara wondered out loud.

Botan sighed, "Maybe about how Kuwabara could be such a nosy brat sometimes." she suggested sarcastically.

"Botan." Kuwabara started, annoyed.

"Well how should I know?" Botan snapped at Kuwabara. "They maybe talking about their work, books, plants, politics, us, tactics, stars, rainbows, seals, unicorns, or whatsoever" She stated. "Who knows? And why would you be so interested to know, anyway?" she added.

Kuwabara shrugged, "No reason. I was just curious, that's all." he finally replied.

Botan was just about to reply when Yusuke suddenly stopped on his tracks.

"Did anyone sense that?" Yusuke asked out of the blue.

"Sense what?" Narusawa replied.

For a moment, the team followed Yusuke's lead and stopped walking.

"Yusuke, are you alright?" Kurama inquired. "I had not sensed anything."

"Nah, never mind." Yusuke muttered as he started to walk again.

"What the heck was that about Urameshi?" Kuwabara questioned in an irritated tone.

"Nothing... I just thought I felt something." Yusuke stated.

Kurama, Kuwabara, Botan and Narusawa looked at each other but quickly dismissed the thought. They continued to follow the stream.

"Hey, Narusawa!" Yusuke called out after some time.

"Yes, what is it?" Narusawa replied.

"Before I forget! Thanks for helping me out back there." Yusuke stated.

Narusawa blinked innocently. "Back where?" She asked in a puzzled voice.

The others sweatdropped. "Back there in the cavern." Yusuke said with a smile, yet the sweatdrop was still there.

Narusawa blinked again, "Oh." she paused. "That's alright. Glad that I could be of some help." she replied happily.

"But really, thanks. We couldn't have received the first gem if you didn't help me out." Yusuke thanked
again.

Narusawa blushed; she hated it when people are thanking her and such. "Seriously, Yusuke, it was nothing. You could have handled the first goddess yourself but you underestimated her. If you haven't then you would have won. It's okay, it was no big deal."

Yusuke smiled at Narusawa and nodded.

Botan then asked, "What puzzles me is how you got here." she mused.

Kuwabara nodded, "Now that you mention it..." he trailed off.

Kurama looked at Narusawa for an answer.
Narusawa smiled sheepishly, "Well, I finally decided that I should give it a go so I took that mirror thing you gave me and stared at it for the longest time." she sweatdropped. "I didn't know what to do with it so I started to poke it, and rub it, and shake it, and... stuff."

The others sweatdropped.

Narusawa laughed softly, "Then, I discovered that it has this tiny button on top so I pressed it and there I was, face to face with a little baby with a blue pacifier."

Yusuke and Kuwabara fell down laughing hard.

The three sweatdropped, "Anyway, he asked me if I changed my mind and I said yes..." she continued.


~~~


Narusawa stared at the little baby on the screen. "Who are you?"

Koenma frowned, "If you just happen to know, I'm Koenma Daioh, the son of the great Enma Daioh." he then looked at the purple-headed woman on his screen. "You must be Narusawa."

Narusawa nodded.

"So, have you changed your mind?" Koenma asked.

"Well..." Narusawa paused. "I... I..." She sighed, "Okay, I changed my mind and I want to help." she finally said.

Koenma nodded thoughtfully. "I see." He then leaned forward the screen. "Why did you change your mind?"

Narusawa became uneasy, "Well, because... just because." she stated.

Koenma repeated the question patiently. "Why did you change your mind?"

Narusawa sighed, "Okay, okay." she gave up. "I thought about it last night... and I... well... I want to help." She sighed again. "They told me that they were to face strong opponents and I just want to help. I think it's because..." She closed her golden brown eyes, "...because I can't just stay here in the Human World knowing that people are risking their life to protect it and... and..." she opened her eyes and gazed at Koenma's with sadness. "I just want to help..."

Koenma studied Narusawa for a moment, "Very well. You are accepted for the mission." he finally agreed.

Narusawa smiled, "Thank you very much!" she replied.


~~~


"I see." Kurama smiled at Narusawa.

"By the way, I really appreciate it! Thanks for accepting our invitation." Botan told the new member.

"No problem." Narusawa replied cheerfully.

Kuwabara laughed, "Well, you're a part of the team now!" he stated.

Yusuke nodded, "Yep! I just hope that you could keep up." he said smugly with a broad smile pasted on his face.

Narusawa smiled, "I'll try my best." she stated.

[Oh yeah, she doesn't know of her being classified as a Class-A fighter.] Botan smiled at the thought.

Suddenly, both Kurama and Yusuke stopped walking.

"You sensed it, too, right?" Yusuke asked the redhead.

Kurama frowned, "Yes. But it feels oddly familiar..." he mused.

Just then, a shadowy figure (AN: Ooh! Guess!) suddenly jumped out from nowhere and attacked Yusuke.

"What the!" Yusuke evaded the attack and started to panic but then stopped as he suddenly realized the figure standing before him.

"Hiei!" Kurama called out in a happy voice.

---

AN: Tell me what you think. Is it worth continuing? Any thoughts? Reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.